Mafia Watering Hole

Well, unless Scotty Tunbridge is actually Robert Kirkman, he'll have no ideas who's going to appear in the tv show. I imagine this will start after Sunday so a certain mustached man will have appeared by then.

Not on British T.V. until a week on Sunday.

I was thinking of even going beyond the prison at first.

Upto the safezone etc.

But I better not due to TV spoilerts.

Is that a spoiler??? mad.gif

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not on British T.V. until a week on Sunday.

Oh aye, shit. I did call it a spoiler when his photo was posted on TWD's thread here but no one else agreed!

Not for this season at least, I believe there are only 3 locations this season nerd.gif

3? What's the third?

The prison and Woodbury's being two. I can think of a few locations they go to in the comics but they're just casual ones, nothing long-term.

• 2 weeks later...

Scotty

I'm starting my journey north for the Lichties/Inverurie Locos Scottish Cup tie tomorrow, and my new phone is even worse than the previous one for accessing P'n'B

Can you save me from struggling to post tomorrow by signing me up for the game when you start the thread please

Cheers

Most appropriate thread for these "announcements".

1. The Mafia Awards are coming back. They will open on the 17th December and close on the 7th January, being announced over that week.

2. Schedule me in for a Spring 2013 hosting gig. I am working on a new style of game, which has already been trialled on this forum, but with numerous tweaks to try and make it better.

Some thoughts about the lack of voting in the early stages of some games:

Without meaning to have too much of a go at people who have had difficulty posting or have been caught up at work, I honestly feel that a culture of missing an early vote is starting to emerge. This has the advantage of hiding intentions not just for one day, but for a second day when you lose a vote as a "punishment"

In the next game, if I choose not to publicly read the thread or make a day 1 vote, and then boost my post count by making lots of apologies on day 2 (whilst not having to give clues to my allegiances by having to vote), what punishment have I really suffered?

Can we discuss this, and attempt to establish a consensus regarding potential solutions?

Some thoughts about the lack of voting in the early stages of some games:

Without meaning to have too much of a go at people who have had difficulty posting or have been caught up at work, I honestly feel that a culture of missing an early vote is starting to emerge. This has the advantage of hiding intentions not just for one day, but for a second day when you lose a vote as a "punishment"

In the next game, if I choose not to publicly read the thread or make a day 1 vote, and then boost my post count by making lots of apologies on day 2 (whilst not having to give clues to my allegiances by having to vote), what punishment have I really suffered?

Can we discuss this, and attempt to establish a consensus regarding potential solutions?

I agree. I don't think removing votes or posts is the way to punish.

It's tough in games where it's mostly just plain civilians, as they really don't have anything to be taken away from them, if it was all power games then them being powerless for the next day could work. (although perhaps everyone gets allowed one miss but then, second time it happens they get their power stripped for the next day)

Its tough to find a fair way of doing it for thw majority of games. A minimum post quota with those not meeting it having their roles offered to dead players/players who missed sign up would be fair but this is the first time in a while where we've had people miss the sign ups.

Removing powers is fine if it applies but we have more games where only a select few have powers, which I prefer, so it kind of limits the opportunity.

Only other option I can think of is zero tolerance policy with non voters being modkilled on the first instance but that is a disadvantage to the host since they might well end up losing some of the important characters in their game.

Despite the fact that there's already been an Only Paedophile in the village by TRS. I thought of a game that could be related into the Savillegate investigation.

BEASTWATCH Mafia

Masons/The BBC

George Entwhistle

Lord Patton

Tim Davie

Mr Blobby

Investigator

Philip Schofield

Terrorist

Lord McCalpine - bombs are replaced with Libel suits

Doctor

David Cameron - gives out prime ministerial pardons