The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

I was taking to a lad I work with who is an extremely talented artist and was asking about the Liverpool area.  I was telling him about the John Moores' Painting Prize, which has the current exhibition on in town.  I was explaining the Moores family's involvement in local football, which now seems unbelievable after our sale to the cowboys and the turmoil at your place.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's that, then. Probably end 0-3.

Well, glad to get that wrong. Hard earned but well deserved point by all accounts.

Badly in need of getting these 10 points - or even half of them - reinstated.

At least 2 points adrift of safety and played an extra match by close of play.

Other results went Everton's way, with Burnley, Luton and Forest all losing, so no worse off, as Everton weren't going to come away with anything from 115 Charges Pending Stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

That'll be that, then. Can't see a dramatic late equaliser the night. Not that i think tonight's result really matters, Everton have obviously lost their appeal against the points deduction, otherwise it would have been announced last week as promised - middle of February - which probably means another points deduction for the second charge.

Appeal rejected to be announced tomorrow morning.

11 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Can't see a dramatic late equaliser the night.

Glad to be proved wrong, but it doesn't really matter a f***, as the points aren't being reinstated, and there's another deduction on the way.

And a draw isn't much good, really.

35 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Glad to be proved wrong, but it doesn't really matter a f***, as the points aren't being reinstated, and there's another deduction on the way.

And a draw isn't much good, really.

That’s a massive chance missed by Everton tonight. Palace on a dreadful run and missing their 2 best players in Eze and Olise plus another 2 key players in Guehi and  Doucoure. 
Edit to add really enjoying the input from Jesse Marsch in the studio. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

On 19/02/2024 at 22:30, Distant Doonhamer said:

That’s a massive chance missed by Everton tonight. Palace on a dreadful run and missing their 2 best players in Eze and Olise plus another 2 key players in Guehi and  Doucoure. 
Edit to add really enjoying the input from Jesse Marsch in the studio. 

Thought the manager got that all wrong. Wrong players, wrong tactics.  Ashley Young was anon wide right. DCL ineffective on his own. McNeil and Garner  not much better and frankly Doucoure did not look fit. 

Can't see a 1-5 this weekend, so it is getting a bit worrying.

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Thought the manager got that all wrong. Wrong players, wrong tactics.  Ashley Young was anon wide right. DCL ineffective on his own. McNeil and Garner  not much better and frankly Doucoure did not look fit. 

Can't see a 1-5 this weekend, so it is getting a bit worrying.

A 5-1 is more likely. This 10 point deduction and its continuing on and on has sucked the life out of the team.

Miss a pen., take the lead, hold it for only 6 minutes, concede another last minute goal to lose - usual shite.

Manchester United and Liverpool next, null point there.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Miss a pen., take the lead, hold it for only 6 minutes, concede another last minute goal to lose - usual shite.

Manchester United and Liverpool next, null point there.

I wouldn’t be so sure.