The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Fellaini was absolutely immense last night, a deserved matchwinner. Great team performance all round.

Everton have a strong settled looking team this season and are adding to it nicely. If they can continue their good start then they'll have a great year.

I thought Hibbert was the MOTM there tbh, he was absolutely immense and didn't put a foot wrong all game. Fellaini was great too but Hibbert edged it I though.

Hibbert was terrific. Jagielka had some great interventions too. To be honest the whole team put in a great shift. Only really Pienaar disappointed me at times, but that was more in an attacking sense, where he can do better.

Pienaar was exceptional last night, up there with Hibbert, Fellaini, Jags and Jelavic for me.

I am maybe being hyper critical of Pienaar, I wouldn't fault his application last night, just felt that creatively he can be better than that - although against Man Utd it's harder for a player to impose himself on the game as much. He's a player I rate highly and I'm glad he's back at Everton.

I thought Hibbert was the MOTM there tbh, he was absolutely immense and didn't put a foot wrong all game. Fellaini was great too but Hibbert edged it I though.

Absolutely. Hibbert was colossal at the back - outstanding performance. Jagielka and Distin were also superb, while Baines didn't put a foot wrong. Hibbo close to Fellaini for my MoM.

I am maybe being hyper critical of Pienaar, I wouldn't fault his application last night, just felt that creatively he can be better than that - although against Man Utd it's harder for a player to impose himself on the game as much. He's a player I rate highly and I'm glad he's back at Everton.

I agree and we were saying this on the way home - Pienaar was a bit quiet by his own high standards. However, his work in midfield was vital nonetheless and I am delighted he is back home :)

And, with Mirallas to add into the mix, we really have got a lot of exciting options.

Edited by Larbert_Par

The Jarvis thing must've been bollocks. No way would Moyes have spent £10m on him.

Seen Tom Ince linked with Everton earlier on Twitter somewhere but can't remember the source whether it was reliable or not.

Everton have been drawn away to Leeds in the League Cup. Great tie, bound to be tricky.

I want to go. How easy/costly is it to travel to Leeds?

Looks like the dream is over after looking at East Coast Rail's prices! The disadvantages of being a student! laugh.gifsad.gif

Edited by jamamafegan4

Matthew Kennedy has joined for an undisclosed fee. Bit surprised to be honest, obviously there were rumours of their interest - but ultimately I didn't think someone would stump up the kind of money we were obviously looking for, given how raw he is...

250k rejected in the week. I would certainly hope there's some sort of sell-on clause for us.

Matthew Kennedy has joined for an undisclosed fee. Bit surprised to be honest, obviously there were rumours of their interest - but ultimately I didn't think someone would stump up the kind of money we were obviously looking for, given how raw he is...

250k rejected in the week. I would certainly hope there's some sort of sell-on clause for us.

Don't know anything about this lad, but he must be alright if Moysie was after him! That's a lot of money for someone so young.

He looks a wee bit like Wayne Rooney...

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Big game against the Toon tonight and hopefully we'll see a return to winning ways after the West Brom game. Fully fit squad to choose from apart from Gibson and Oviedo, while Newcastle are without Krul, Coloccini, Tiote, Simpson and Ryan Taylor.

Play like they did against Newcastle on the final day of last season, and I am extremely confident Everton will win tonight.

On a side note, the mascots and ballboys will all be wearing "96" on their backs in respect of Hillsborough. I'm sure the fans will pay their own tribute tonight as well.