The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Just been watching Football Focus, they are at Goodison and talking lots about Everton. They went into the changing rooms and on the walls where all the shirts hang up you could see "Kennedy" wink.gif

I'd imagine if we manage to get a few goals up on Sunderland today he will get some game time. Here's hoping. COYB

Oh he didn't make the squad. Oh well, another time.

Edited by jamamafegan4

Bah! Seems like we dominated much of the game again but didn't finish it off. And the BBC reported it was a needless penalty for Coleman to give away.

Neville's out for 6-8 weeks after a knee op, and Fellaini got booked today meaning he's banned for the Norwich game.

:(

• 2 weeks later...

Massive game tonight. Results have been disappointing of late. A win will see us a point away from Chelsea in 4th, a loss could potentially see us drop to 8th. Things certainly wouldn't look so pretty then. Imagine where we could be had held out against Fulham and Norwich...sigh. In fact, the next 3 games are huge and could have a big bearing on the who finishes in that 4th spot. Nervous times.

COYB

Was at the match last night and it was another frustrating game in that we've taken a point when we'd created enough chances to win the match.

We got off to the worst possible start, going a goal down inside the first minute (neat move from Arsenal, finished well by Walcott, curling into the top corner) and it looked like we might be overrun on the both flanks in the early stages.

But Everton I felt recovered well from going behind and began to take the game to them. Fellaini, as ever, was the architect and most of our good forward play went through him. His finish for the goal was excellent - a really well placed low shot into the corner of the net which had just enough curl to get beyond the defender.

Jelavic then had the chance of the half - the ball was played into him and he controlled it brilliantly on the chest, and then to flick it away from the defender and turn but he lashed it over the bar.

It was an open game with a high tempo to it - as you would expect from Arsenal, with their quick and incisive passing. But we had the better chances and Distin had a good header saved well by the goalkeeper.

Pienaar then had a penalty shout as he ran clear with Arteta (who received a good reception and applauded all corners of the ground at full time, which was a nice touch) chasing him. I was in the Street End quite near the front and I thought initially, Arteta got a toe to the ball and the ref made the right call. But having seen it back, Arteta hauled Pienaar down so we were unfortunate there.

And right at the death, Jelavic broke clear on the left and fired a superb ball across the box but the touch needed to divert it in wasn't there. Frustrating stuff.

In the end, a point wasn't a bad result but I felt Everton deserved all 3. Good performances across the team - the back four were solid for the most part, but especially Hibbo at right back - he was superb. Fellaini took his goal well and linked well with Jelavic, who has been ill according to Moyes' programme notes from last night but he also put a tremendous shift in. He just needs a goal to reward his hard work. Darren Gibson returned and played an hour which was good to see, and I felt he did his job well. Bryan Oviedo was a bit quiet when he came on for Naismith, who was disappointing, but found it difficult to get into the game.

For Arsenal, I feel they've got some very good forward players but they always look fragile defensively when teams go at them.

Anybody can make champions league qualifiers.

Well that's just nonsense.

Only a few teams have finished in a champions league qualifier spot except the "big 4". Spurs, City, Everton, Newcastle, Leeds. It's only opened up now with Liverpool dropping out of that zone and Arsenal having a bad season. Even then it's still not up for grabs for "anybody", especially with the emergence of City who have basically replaced Liverpool.

Everton the better team by a bit in the first half there, and pretty unlucky with the penalty award.

Yeah, heard Dzecko went down softly.

Predicted before the game that it would end a draw so can't complain. Good point away. West Brom slipped up again which is good. Next weeks game against Spurs really is massive now after they won today.

Everton the better team by a bit in the first half there, and pretty unlucky with the penalty award.

Yeah, heard Dzecko went down softly.

Predicted before the game that it would end a draw so can't complain. Good point away. West Brom slipped up again which is good. Next weeks game against Spurs really is massive now after they won today.