The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Being told Everton pretty much forced him out, he was one of the highest earners and with his injury record threy decided he wasn't worth it. Also Moyes is getting £5 million to play with. Donovan's not a target seemingly, Naismith is enough

Kenwright didn't want to sell Rodwell. In the end though, the offer was too good to turn down - a great deal for the club. Given he's hardly played over the last year, and our midfield is strong enough with Pienaar, Gibson, Fellaini and Osman, I'm not that fussed he's away.

He'll hardly play though.

Genuine question, what is it that Rodwell does well? I cant really recall much gametime watching him play so I dont even know what type of midfielfer he is apart from usualy central? Media darling springs to mind.

I watch a lot of Everton and I genyunely couldn't tell you. Not entirely sure how he got such a good repuatation. He's very Gareth Barry like. Solid, dependable but doesn't have the ability to be effective at the very top level.

Is their any substance on the recent gossip coloumn linking Charlie Adam with Everton, the paper claimed Moyes brother being Adams agent was the link.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-charlie-adam-is-an-everton-1262356

Can sort of see it happening but not expecting it. Any toffees know anymore about this?

Agreed a £6m fee for Mirallas apparently.

Having a medical today I think. Pleasing.

Is their any substance on the recent gossip coloumn linking Charlie Adam with Everton, the paper claimed Moyes brother being Adams agent was the link.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-charlie-adam-is-an-everton-1262356

Can sort of see it happening but not expecting it. Any toffees know anymore about this?

Just rumour but I think if the Mirallas deal is completed then the only time Adam will be at Goodison is for the derby with the Reds.

Mirallas is a good signin I think. He ha an eye for goal, is fairly versatile in terms of an attacking sense. Plus after Jelavic, Everton are fairly weak up front. Anechibe isn't very good, Velios is still unproven and Naismith isn't an out an out striker. So losing a midfielder for 16 million and spending 6 million in an area needed. I think Everton have done well in the window.

So just like half the Everton support then laugh.gif

Ho ho ho.

West Brom :lol:

Mirallas is a good signin I think. He ha an eye for goal, is fairly versatile in terms of an attacking sense. Plus after Jelavic, Everton are fairly weak up front. Anechibe isn't very good, Velios is still unproven and Naismith isn't an out an out striker. So losing a midfielder for 16 million and spending 6 million in an area needed. I think Everton have done well in the window.

Anichebe is allegedly a £2 million target for Wigan.

jjpleasing.gif

Mirallas has the makings of being a terrific signing.

So the season finally kicks off tonight. I'll be leaving later on to go down to the game and I'm really looking forward to it - the atmosphere promises to be superb.

United are favourites, with their attack potent (though I expect Van Persie to start on the bench) but their injury worries defensively fills me with hope. We need to make sure we keep it tight early doors, get into their faces and don't let them settle. Team I'd go with:

Howard

Hibbo

Jagielka

Heitinga

Baines

Osman

Gibson

Pienaar

Naismith

Fellaini

Jelavic

Fellaini playing off of Jelavic was working very well at the end of the season just gone and I'd like to see that continue. Gibson would be the holding player and with Osman, Pienaar, Naismith and Fellaini, each of them can move into different positions in midfield which gives great variety in that area.

Hopeful of a Duncan Ferguson inspired winner in front of the Gwladys Street tonight - would be something to savour. COYB.

So the season finally kicks off tonight. I'll be leaving later on to go down to the game and I'm really looking forward to it - the atmosphere promises to be superb.

Fellaini playing off of Jelavic was working very well at the end of the season just gone and I'd like to see that continue. Gibson would be the holding player and with Osman, Pienaar, Naismith and Fellaini, each of them can move into different positions in midfield which gives great variety in that area.

Hopeful of a Duncan Ferguson inspired winner in front of the Gwladys Street tonight - would be something to savour. COYB.

You lucky lucky sod! sad.gif

Fellaini is doubtful for this one I think, Gibson as well.

A winning goal for us in front of the Gwladys tonight would be glorious.

A winning goal for us in front of the Gwladys tonight would be glorious.

;)

It's on.................

Hope I haven't jinxed it.......................

That was terrific. Fucking terrific. Fellaini is the man. There was chat before the game that he doesn't impress in the big games. Well there you go, eat your words critics.

Always have a slow start to the season. But we have started with a bang, a big bang. Glorious scenes. I very much look forward to LP's analysis.

I have nothing more to add except...

b9d0932551d5c8941e355ec02fed0ecd.gif

Glorious. Absolutely glorious last night. I'm at work after 4 hours sleep after getting home at 2.30am but I'd do it all over again. That was a simply magnificent Everton performance, one of the best I've seen them put in and easily the best atmosphere I've experienced at Goodison - when the old place is rocking like that, there's no stadium like it.

The Blues, to a man, were superb. Started off on the front foot and kept at it throughout - how we weren't ahead at half time is a mystery, with De Gea and the woodwork keeping us at bay. Fellaini was dominating it - every time he got the ball, United couldn't get anywhere near him and his linking of the play was wonderful to watch. On last night, the man is a £30 million player IMO.

And it was fitting that he should score - good header from the corner and, sitting in the upper Gwladys, the place was shaking. The noise when it went in, and after it, was unbelievable. It was more than we deserved and although United pinned us in after that, they didn't really have any chances - Cleverley's off the line was about the only one.

Still, the last 25 minutes were long and it was a relief when the whistle blew. Fantastic start to the season and a worthy three points. Fellaini was a clear MoM but they were all superb - Jelavic ran his arse off, Gibson and Neville were solid in midfield while Hibbert, Jagielka and Distin were absolutely brilliant at the back, with Howard not really tested. We kept Rooney quiet, all Nani did was get booked and whinge at the referee and, simply, Robin Van who? Scholes is on his last legs as well and worrying for United that they're so reliant on him in midfield. I thought though Kagawa had a good game for them - he was able to find little pockets of space, and skillfully win the ball in tight areas of the park.

But, discussing it on the way home, if Everton play like that there's no reason why they can't challenge for the top 4. They can beat the best but the acid test will come in the following weeks with games with the likes of Villa, West Brom, Southampton etc, where they'll be under more expectation to win.

However, last night was simply pleasing. :)