Pointless

Socca_G

Some stroke of luck for those two with that final question.

and they still didn't get the jackpot! :lol:

It's a horrible question if you know them really well. I know every single released by them, picked three and wound up with nothing.

I went for Empty Souls, Revol and Life Becoming a Landslide. The annoying thing about that was I was toying with There By the Grace of God. Grrrrr.

i got roses in the hospital. i went for masses against the classes and little baby nothing as well.

they were heavily unlucky that there were obviously a few big manics fan in the 100 surveyed. i ripped the arse out of gen terr for years and i still completely forgot that love's sweet exile existed or was a single.

maybe richey edwards was in the survey

Didn't have a clue about the Manic's question, but did get a Pointless for Lori Petty as Tank Girl.

As has been said, i think the interaction between Richard and Alexander, and the guests, is quality. Love the show.

a struggle for me today.

went for chaplin, less than zero and platoon (though i checked and he's not in it).

going for anything to do with tv or movies never works as the survey group will have decent knowledge. someone better go for boxing or basketball soon. is anyone else desperate to know the acid jazz question?

going for anything to do with tv or movies never works as the survey group will have decent knowledge.

Unless your knowledge is decent itself? Plus, the last TV one, I managed to get every single pointless answer.

Didn't get any between my brother and I. Considering how low Iron Man 1 and 2 scored, I figured one of A Scanner Darkly, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or Natural Born Killers would've got 0. My brother suggested Chaplin or Air America too. Didn't see any of those in the pointless answers or the ones Richard said afterwards.

edit: if I was on the show and made it to the final round, I'd probably go for a tv or film question. It really would just be luck of the draw and you could pick any subject you felt you were well versed in and get a poor question. (that 24 question would've scunnered me)

Edited by forehead7

Unless your knowledge is decent itself? Plus, the last TV one, I managed to get every single pointless answer.

because you had watched 24. if it comes up with a show you have never seen you're gubbed.

if you go for sport you pretty much eliminate all the women in the survey and you are likely to get a broader question. in the tv and movie rounds you usually have to go quite obscure.

because you had watched 24. if it comes up with a show you have never seen you're gubbed.

if you go for sport you pretty much eliminate all the women in the survey and you are likely to get a broader question. in the tv and movie rounds you usually have to go quite obscure.

Depends what sport it is. Any American ones and I'm knackered. Boxing and I'm knackered. Formula 1 comes up a lot. Knackered. I'd be relying on something like Music/Movies/TV because my knowledge of a LOT of subjects on these are pretty good.

a struggle for me today.

went for chaplin, less than zero and platoon (though i checked and he's not in it).

going for anything to do with tv or movies never works as the survey group will have decent knowledge. someone better go for boxing or basketball soon. is anyone else desperate to know the acid jazz question?

I reckon that genre as a whole would be too niche even for the purposes of the show...was thinking it must have been a question about Jamiroquai?

RDJ films I went for Chaplin, Air America and Two Girls And a Guy (which I knew from my days of being obsessed with Heather Graham). Thought people would maybe have said Chaplin but I reckon the last two would have been pointless, although they weren't mentioned.

Edit: 3 attempts at spelling Jamiroquai...never even considered it would be an "o" until DomDom posted after me :(

Edited by Al B

Depends what sport it is. Any American ones and I'm knackered. Boxing and I'm knackered. Formula 1 comes up a lot. Knackered. I'd be relying on something like Music/Movies/TV because my knowledge of a LOT of subjects on these are pretty good.

but generally you know what sport it is you are choosing. personally i know a good bit about tv and film and possibly less about boxing but i'd go for boxing because it is narrower and the public as a whole is less knowledgeable about boxing (see one thread for boxing vs a full forum for tv and film on here)

there was the question about authors the other week which if it had been about booker or nobel winners i'd have been jamming but it was three scandi crime writers which i'm clueless about. for a few weeks that option had been titled scandianvan crime writers but no one chose it so they changed it to authors. if it is a jamiroqui question it'll be relabelled british pop eventually.

Would have taken the money with Walter Mondale yesterday. I always think UK politics questions are relatively easy as most people know nothing. Been a few where you can guess your own MP too.

With TV and film there's always a chance you'll get something you know hee haw about. The 24 question would have screwed me over. I'd have been left with no option but to guess something daft like Jack Bauer, Shiela Bauer and Bobby Bauer

Jackpot is massive at moment

Would have taken the money with Walter Mondale yesterday. I always think UK politics questions are relatively easy as most people know nothing. Been a few where you can guess your own MP too.

With TV and film there's always a chance you'll get something you know hee haw about. The 24 question would have screwed me over. I'd have been left with no option but to guess something daft like Jack Bauer, Shiela Bauer and Bobby Bauer

Jackpot is massive at moment

I got Townsfolk and kinsfolk in the earlier wordsthat end lk round, happy to see the bint that thought she was clever go out on that one

Did they give the pointless answers there for the 'Singers and Their Films' question there?

I had The Hunger for Bowie, and Alpha Dog and Edison for Timberlake.

Aye, they were A few best men, bad teacher, down and out in beverley hills, out of sight, plenty, the back up plan, the last temptation of christ, the prestige and the social network