Pointless

Socca_G

• 3 weeks later...

We should have a game of "Pointless" bingo.

Surely a pointless drinking game,

every time a clever Richard pun is met by silence by the morons playing the game - take a drink.

every time a contestant says something totally daft, "I'm sure Mexico is one of the smallest countries in Africa" or some such - take a drink.

every time a contestant says "this is before my time" despite it being a general knowledge question which everybody over 5 should know - take a drink.

every time they final team say a pointless answer in the final but dont select it - take a drink.

etc

etc

etc

etc

...and I didnt recognise him from Easties at all last night.

• 2 weeks later...

Presumably forced into doing it because too many people were turning off because 5 minutes into the show nobody's asked a question.

Fair enough, but I think the friendly chat and laid back attitude with contestants is Pointless's niche. I've never anywhere else seen the quizmasters predict who will get to the final and discuss who they think will do well in an episode. Richard and Xander make it work. It ain't broke, producers, so don't change a thing.