Pointless

Socca_G

52 people didn't know that Munich was in Germany. :unsure:

I'm more worried about the 12 that didn't know about Berlin.

As for the final question, I got Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me. COMPLETELY forgot Shakespear's Sister.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to go on Friday for the audition.

The woman said it was basically to make sure we were suitable to go on tv and wern't going to have a breakdown in front of a camera etc.

Although there is a general knowledge test we have to do as well :(

I need to have an interesting fact about me prepared as well - one that Alexander can ask me about. I want to slip in the words Pie and Bov, can't think how to yet though :lol:

Don't think those auditions are a formality - and they're not necessarily looking for the best / cleverest contestants either. I know a couple of people who didn't get on, despite doing very well.

I need to have an interesting fact about me prepared as well - one that Alexander can ask me about. I want to slip in the words Pie and Bov, can't think how to yet though :lol:

Just make up something outrageous. "I scored the first goal at the new Wembley" or something.

No-one else ever seems to have interesting facts, it's usually the standard 'aye we met at Uni, I studied Psychology, if we win I'll go on holiday'.

There does seem to be a high number of Scots on it though. On average I'd say about one couple a show seem to be Scottish, which given our size compared to the rest of the UK is quite a lot.

Just make up something outrageous. "I scored the first goal at the new Wembley" or something.

That was Giampaolo Pazzini. He also scored the first hat-trick in the New Wembley. What. A. Man.

Don't think those auditions are a formality - and they're not necessarily looking for the best / cleverest contestants either. I know a couple of people who didn't get on, despite doing very well.

If anything doing brilliantly would probably make you less likely, as would doing terribly, the people on it seem to be kinda inbetween in terms of intelligence. Obviously it's quite hard to tell that much about them, but that's the impression I get.

That was Giampaolo Pazzini. He also scored the first hat-trick in the New Wembley. What. A. Man.

Technically, it was actually Mark Bright who played in a charity game a wee while before that U21 match. Although I believe there was a staff closed door game before that as well.

I should go on Pointless :geek

Edited by David W

Thought audition was ok, just worried that we came accross too normal. There were 5 other couples: 2 old men, a wheelchair couple, 2 moshers and 2 indians.

We all played pointless, I was up first with Jack Nicholson movies. I went for the Departed which scored 1 so was chuffed with that. My mate had to name a member of the mitchell family from eastenders and went for phil. Got about 89 points for that. Then for the confer round it was cliff richard songs. We ended up going for mistletoe and wine which scored 26. The first cliff song that came to mind for both of us was millenium prayer but we thought that would be top answer and it only scored 5.

I thought we both came across well though. Waiting game now

Edited by gordon the gopher

• 4 weeks later...