Pointless

Socca_G

Difficult show today I thought, some of the questions very very tough, and the first question of the show was totally stupid. 'Words that end in ...oof', which meant they were accepting pretty much any variation of soundproof, bulletproof etc. They shouldn't have questions like that.

Some of the contestants answers were pathetic though. Aloof, Goof, Spoof, Loof ( :blink:)

I have serious man-love for Richard Osman.

Fair play to the 2 Inverness ladies knowing that the official anthem of the EU was Ode to Joy.

Shame they chose Universities, you'd probably only know the answers if you'd been to Cambridge. I was going for Ruskin's which is in Oxford..

Bet they were hoping they could punt with the University of the Highlands and Islands..

Edited by welshbairn

I thought it was a good question. It was straightforward. I'm struggling to see where the problem is.

More the fact that by using '..oof' you do open up the whole waterproof, rainproof type words, of which there are huge numbers of, I just think it was too 'open' a question.

More the fact that by using '..oof' you do open up the whole waterproof, rainproof type words, of which there are huge numbers of, I just think it was too 'open' a question.

Having them as an open question is fine though. Most of these word ones will be the same, and that makes them good opening round fodder, with four teams taking two turns each. Plenty of answers to aim for. And even when there's plenty of answers, and the rules are clear, it's still not enough at times, as today's opener showed!

Having them as an open question is fine though. Most of these word ones will be the same, and that makes them good opening round fodder, with four teams taking two turns each. Plenty of answers to aim for. And even when there's plenty of answers, and the rules are clear, it's still not enough at times, as today's opener showed!

Thats what struck me, and maybe led me to think it was a rubbish question, I thought during the whole question "maybe they have been told they can't use waterproof etc", because they were really struggling for answers.

Thats what struck me, and maybe led me to think it was a rubbish question, I thought during the whole question "maybe they have been told they can't use waterproof etc", because they were really struggling for answers.

But you still have the challenge of finding the low scorers, so a decent question IMHO.

Spoof got them through, which is all they worry about, so I'm not sure how you came up with "pathetic" to describe that one.

You're right, pathetic's not the word i'm looking for. Obvious maybe? Like's been said, when you consider all the possible "proof" answers, they all played a bit safe.

Missed the early rounds- Partick Thistle would be another I'd have imagined would be a low scorer. For the final, having only seen the first series of 24 and not really enjoying it, I could only remember the Bauers, Nina Myers and David and Keith Palmer.

What a thick cow. I can understand why someone with no interest in football, especially if they're not Scottish, might not be sure which teams have been SPL. However, not to even be able to guess Celtic or Rangers? Stupid sod. Glad they didn't get the money.

Said the exact same on Twitter.

You don't need to have any interest in football whatsoever to have heard of at least Celtic or Rangers. She was a mongo.