A great feeling at Cappielow..

Genuine question (and not a go at Shiels) but are the Morton fans disappointed in the lack of any kind of fightback since Shiels took over? Or was what he inherited just sooo bad?

Morton's recent stuff reminds me a bit of what we did in January/February of our relegation year.

They got a bit more competitive for a wee while, managed some draws, but made up no ground. They were too far back and results like today's have finished them off.

As long as Wonka doesn't panic and pull the plug on full time football then you should come back up with the minimum of fuss.

An extended trip to the seaside might just be the tonic you are after.

Cant say that yet. If dunfermline dont win the playoffs i would have them favourites next season.

Genuine question (and not a go at Shiels) but are the Morton fans disappointed in the lack of any kind of fightback since Shiels took over? Or was what he inherited just sooo bad?

He was appointed far too late for a start Moore should've been chucked a long time before he was. Kenny has done a decent job since he's been here and we've been playing much better football and actually getting some results (Albeit most of them draws) I don't think he was the right man to appoint for a relegation battle I think he'll be much better in league 1 next year if he's still here. José Mourinho couldn't keep this squad of duds up. Alan Moore built an awful squad this year and it's him and Dougie to blame!

Again.

The very top this time ie the board and chairman, who have to take responsibility for a decade of missed chances and chronic underachievement.

Shiels has been OK since coming in but ultimately, given Cowdenbeath's results we'd have been finished anyway. It's just happened after a farcically early 25 games. 11 games is an extremely long time for a doomed club.

I had hoped that Morton would at least make 9th - if we're still in the second division next year, I'd expect it to be a much harder division to win if Morton are there with us. It does look like it's all over for them after today though.

After today I think that's it game over for Morton. Shame as I feel Morton are usually a credit to the first division, but jesus christ how can you go from second to this shit?

By letting your 2 best players go one of them for a shady 50k :lol: and offering another less wages than what he was currently on. Given he's a proven goalscorer at this level that was a moronic decision by Rae and he's to blame for this disastrous season & the fact Moore replaced these players with duds such as McKee & Cham :lol:

By letting your 2 best players go one of them for a shady 50k :lol: and offering another less wages than what he was currently on. Given he's a proven goalscorer at this level that was a moronic decision by Rae and he's to blame for this disastrous season & the fact Moore replaced these players with duds such as McKee & Cham :lol:

Were Morton really that dependant on two players last season? That would suggest the rest of the squad are just filler. It takes a lot more than that to take second place...surely?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What? :lol:

We've only conceded 14 goals under Shiels compared to the embarrassing 31 under Moore. We also went unbeaten in 5 which is quite impressive for the complete diddy squad we have. Shiels has improved us a lot were much more organised, were much harder to beat and play better football than we did under Moore he just wasn't the right man to appoint for a relegation battle IMO.

I don't understand where you're coming from :1eye

Were Morton really that dependant on two players last season? That would suggest the rest of the squad are just filler. It takes a lot more than that to take second place...surely?

Well those were the most important players with 28 goals and god knows how many assists between them so they alone were a big loss. We lost the whole spine of our team Rutkiewicz, Tidser, Hardie & MacDonald. That's 3 of our 4 best/most influential players last season and Bachirou just isn't the same player without Hardie or Tidser beside him. Moore replaced all of those players with utter dross and because of that he left us in a state that sir Alex couldn't even get us of of with the squad we have.