A great feeling at Cappielow..

He was born in France, but both of his parents are from the Comoros Islands. They are not full Fifa members I don't think, and I saw that they've not played a game in 2 and a half years.

I misread, turns out they played a couple of games against their Indian Ocean neighbours Mauritius in 2012, I think in the pre-qualification for the African Nations Cup qualifiers, but lost 2-0 on aggregate.

Not as prestigious as a call up for Gibraltar then.

I have no idea, I don't think that Gibraltar has any world ranking points as yet. Comoros are in 198th place, just above world powerhouses Andorra.

Pretty much anyone from The Comoros could get selected from the national team. Fred's had a shite season and proved that he needs two decent players beside him to look good.

He apparently used to walk around the training ground laughing at how shite we are till Shiels sorted him out.

I know Morton lost several important players last summer. I also know that we've had a chuckle over the excitement on here after they beat St Mirren.

I'll admit though that I didn't for a moment expect their season to pan out like this.

Did any Morton fans have genuine fears that this could happen following last season?

If not, at what point did you realise that this team was that poor?

I heard the alarm bells ringing after the home defeat to QOTS at the end of September, but i had belief that we could stay up. until a forgnight ago, so it has not been much of shock to me, just dissapointing really, the club is a shambles

I heard the alarm bells ringing after the home defeat to QOTS at the end of September, but i had belief that we could stay up. until a forgnight ago, so it has not been much of shock to me, just dissapointing really, the club is a shambles

Yeah, it's beginning to look more and more likely we'll be saying Auf Wiedersehen to GMFC soon.

Seriously, gonna miss this thread tho, been a hoot :P ...mind you, the season after you'll probably be back once KS gets you sorted out.

Yeah, it's beginning to look more and more likely we'll be saying Auf Wiedersehen to GMFC soon.

Seriously, gonna miss this thread tho, been a hoot :P ...mind you, the season after you'll probably be back once KS gets you sorted out.

No stick on at all that this lot can come back up straight way.

No stick on at all that this lot can come back up straight way.

Indeed.

It remains to be seen as to what Dougie Wonka will do with his "toy" once it drops into the Liga Del Costero.

Finally deliver on his threat of part time status ?

Chuck more dosh at a fast track promotion attempt from Div 1 ?

Try and find someone......anyone to take the cash drain off his business empire by selling it...

for sweeties ;)

(Coat retrieved)

There were a handful who predicted catastrophe, think largston was out on the streets with 'the end is nigh' billboards - we didn't listen.

Although, I did say that everything would be fine as long as we held into tidser, and letting him go was a disaster. And it was the culmination of things that let to this - reducing budget, selling tidser, Moore's signings, holding onto Moore for too long, and so on.

Yep. I said I thought we'd be automatically relegated before a ball was kicked and was laughed at by some for that view. Quite simply you can't remove the spine of a team, taking with it over 40 goals, vital experience and christ knows how many assists and not expect to struggle badly. Especially when the manager has £100,000 less of a budget to replace them. Way to go, Dougie!!!

I didn't expect Morton to be anything like as bad as things have turned out. Once Moore was gone, I expected Shiels at the very least to instill a big chunk of dead cat bounce, but even that has failed to materialize.

I guess there must have been some backing from the chairman to allow him to ship out a lot of players, and ship in a load of players too...........there's not many teams in the league that would have been in a position to have done that, most would expect a new manager to re-organise/get more from what he had. Shiels seems to have been unable to achieve very much from either strategy.

That he has managed to change the playing staff so hugely yet fail (so far) to raise much of a response doesn't bode well for him. Just about every side in the league is working within tough financial constraints, and any budget cuts can't be seen as something that Morton are suffering alone (and yes, some are still spaffing money that they shouldn't).

The sugar daddy seldom seems to work well at any level in Scottish football. Sooner or later, the Barrs, Murrays, Raes, Milesons, Melvilles and Romanovs all get tired of their playthings.

Shiels had a very slow start when he took charge at Killie, that despite having been assistant to Mixu. His start at Morton has already seen signs of riogor mortis setting in. I can see him getting to see out his contract next season with an extension dependent on promotion back to the Championship. It will be interesting to see how many of the current squad will be retained. They have two decent keepers, Bachirou, Imrie and the wee guy up front who scored a few last season as a start*.

Shiels seems to have put the team playing to his style of possession football over positive results in the short-term.

I'm not sure if a Calderwood, Nicholl or MacPherson would have done any better than KS so far.

I didn't expect Morton to be anything like as bad as things have turned out. Once Moore was gone, I expected Shiels at the very least to instill a big chunk of dead cat bounce, but even that has failed to materialize.

I guess there must have been some backing from the chairman to allow him to ship out a lot of players, and ship in a load of players too...........there's not many teams in the league that would have been in a position to have done that, most would expect a new manager to re-organise/get more from what he had. Shiels seems to have been unable to achieve very much from either strategy.

That he has managed to change the playing staff so hugely yet fail (so far) to raise much of a response doesn't bode well for him. Just about every side in the league is working within tough financial constraints, and any budget cuts can't be seen as something that Morton are suffering alone (and yes, some are still spaffing money that they shouldn't).

The sugar daddy seldom seems to work well at any level in Scottish football. Sooner or later, the Barrs, Murrays, Raes, Milesons, Melvilles and Romanovs all get tired of their playthings.

Spot on in a lot that you say.

Sadly it doesn't extend to much of the Morton support. The chairman has helped two managers bring in players above and beyond the budget they had set in the summer as well as paying off others to leave the club. On top of that we're running at a loss of around £300,000 per annum.

Despite all of this, many of the fans have lobbed really despicable insults at the Rae in recent months. I appreciate that it's easier for a fan of another club to provide a dispassionate and therefore more balanced assessment of Morton and that the fans I mention above may be too close and emotionally involved with the club to do that at times.

However, one of the duties of a fan is to support and be fair and that hasn't been the case this season. Indeed the biggest criticism of Rae may be that he's been too loyal. The loyalty he's showed to Alan Moore and to the club and Inverclyde in his investment in both.

This year has been as frustrating as it has surprising which is a combustible mix but we'd be far worse off without the chairman. And we may well see that sooner rather than later and then these fans will know what a bad time really is.

Remember at the start of the season when they piled money on Cham being the league's top goal scorer?

That was amusing because they don't have much, with being from Greenock and all.

Proof that the schools in weegieland have given up teaching.

Sadly it doesn't extend to much of the Morton support. The chairman has helped two managers bring in players above and beyond the budget they had set in the summer as well as paying off others to leave the club. On top of that we're running at a loss of around £300,000 per annum.

Despite all of this, many of the fans have lobbed really despicable insults at the Rae in recent months. I appreciate that it's easier for a fan of another club to provide a dispassionate and therefore more balanced assessment of Morton and that the fans I mention above may be too close and emotionally involved with the club to do that at times.

However, one of the duties of a fan is to support and be fair and that hasn't been the case this season. Indeed the biggest criticism of Rae may be that he's been too loyal. The loyalty he's showed to Alan Moore and to the club and Inverclyde in his investment in both.

This year has been as frustrating as it has surprising which is a combustible mix but we'd be far worse off without the chairman. And we may well see that sooner rather than later and then these fans will know what a bad time really is.

POTC in sensible post shocker.

Just go onto the unofficial site And see what some of the nuggets write.It's all there in it's glory.

I'm only bumping this out of habit, but I feel bad about it. Morton aren't funny any more, just a bit sad.

Yeah I think we are past the point of being laughed at. Just waiting for the inevitable to happen now. These last ten games are gonna drag in!