A great feeling at Cappielow..

Are.you really this thick ? Of course Morton have more top flight points more years in the top flight. They are one of the oldest clubs on Scotland and certainly much older than Ayr. But if u do the maths, we are about the same for number of top flight points per season over our existence. Unlucky.

Ayr United retain the points of Ayr FC and Ayr Parkhouse: and when we do the figures, Ayr still have less all-time points: despite their embarrassing collection of sides playing just 11 games fewer than one of Scottish football's most venerable institutions.

Ayr FC and Parkhouse don't add to your top flight status, because they were never good enough to make it to the top flight. Or indeed, finish above giants of the game like Port Glasgow Athletic. So that would be fewer seasons in the top flight, fewer points in the top flight, and, once again, more seasons spent in the seaside leagues.

Gutted for you.

So from I can see is that your superiority complex stems from a cup win that your grandparents didn't see. You must be a very sad individual.

No human being to walk the face of this planet has ever seen Ayr United, or any of their sad pre-spawned efforts, win a single national cup trophy.

So that'll be entirely justified superiority then.

East fife are a far superior club to Morton. 4 cup wins and we know how u like them.

I couldn't give a toss about East Fife, but the facts show that they are inferior to Morton in every other regard, so you'd be, as ever, wrong.

Gutted for you.

Ayr United retain the points of Ayr FC and Ayr Parkhouse: and when we do the figures, Ayr still have less all-time points: despite their embarrassing collection of sides playing just 11 games fewer than one of Scottish football's most venerable institutions.

Ayr FC and Parkhouse don't add to your top flight status, because they were never good enough to make it to the top flight. Or indeed, finish above giants of the game like Port Glasgow Athletic. So that would be fewer seasons in the top flight, fewer points in the top flight, and, once again, more seasons spent in the seaside leagues.

Gutted for you.

No human being to walk the face of this planet has ever seen Ayr United, or any of their sad pre-spawned efforts, win a single national cup trophy.

I couldn't give a toss about East Fife, but the facts show that they are inferior to Morton in every other regard, so you'd be, as ever, wrong.

Gutted for you.

East Fife 4x> Morton, forever.

Fun with Facts fact check: you may recall, earlier in the thread, a certain AUFC90 (if that is his real name) claiming that he'd like to focus on the results of recent seasons. So let's do that now, shall we?

Since I started supporting Morton, Morton have risen up the league pyramid 23 places. Ayr United have fallen 11. Morton have two league titles to their name, Ayr United have zero. Morton's highest finish is 2nd in the First Division: Ayr 6th in the same division. That being the only season Ayr have played in the First Division, not to have been relegated, in my time watching Scottish football. Ayr have been relegated no less than three times in that period: I have never seen Morton relegated.

In the head-to-heads (AUFC90's desperate straw-clutching material bar none), Morton have registered 11 league wins to Ayr's 6. Morton have won eight of the last 12 matches. In the First Division, Morton won 6 from 8: including a 4-1 destroying of Ayr in 2011, and personally relegating Ayr to the seaside leagues in 2010.

Ayr have finished above Morton twice. Those two occasions being the first two years of Morton's rise. Morton have now finished above Ayr for nine consecutive seasons, and due to Ayr's abysmal showing last season, are guaranteed to secure a tenth consecutive season.

Forever living in our shadow.

greggy.png

Edited by vikingTON

Gutted for you.

Gutted for you.

I did the maths based on Ayr united my friend and we have roughly the same amount of top flight points per season since our existence. So your argument is based solely on.one daft cup. So sad

Yeah, yours was much more recent....in 1922.

Indeed. To provide just a few examples to demonstrate this fact: the Titanic was still a viable ship-going vessel when Dundee won the cup, not when Morton did. The empires of Germany, Austria-Hungary and Russia all existed when Dundee won the cup, but not when Morton did.

I did the maths based on Ayr united my friend and we have roughly the same amount of top flight points per season since our existence. So your argument is based solely on.one daft cup. So sad

Fun with Facts doesn't care for your garbled methodology, champ. Ayr retain their previous club histories in the same way that Livingston retain Meadowbank and Ferranti Thistle.

Given you never have and never will win a single national cup trophy, I can only imagine that you're lashing out in order to hold back the tears and snotters.

Edited by vikingTON

The sudden realisation that you have never seen your team play at Hampden in a major Cup Final or Semi-Final and you probably never will.

Quite sad really.

Standard projection from the knowledge that your team will never lift a trophy of significance.

Hurting.

Oh this really is comedy gold material.

C'mon VT, Fun with Facts has outgrown this thread. For ease of reference I think you should start a separate thread to keep all these fun facts handy.

It really would be crowd pleaser.

I think you should start a separate thread to keep all these fun facts handy.

Or a thread about favourite Semi-Final or Cup Final moments.

For those who may not have experienced this here is a little taster...

post-19590-0-77851500-1371910916_thumb.j

Edited by MacWatt

Fun with Facts doesn't care for your garbled methodology, champ. Ayr retain their previous club histories in the same way that Livingston retain Meadowbank and Ferranti Thistle.

Given you never have and never will win a single national cup trophy, I can only imagine that you're lashing out in order to hold back the tears and snotters.

Ayr United don't retain any.old club history. We were established in 1910. Your clearly a complete.Muppet so I'll leave u to debate with anyone stupid enough to take u seriously. Good day to u and fingers crossed that one day u might see the mighty Morton at hampden