A great feeling at Cappielow..

I didn't go to Cappielow last season because my budget was tight, and I don't like the stand and facilities.

Common sense - if you continue to pay, you are accepting the situation.

There are some shitey grounds in the SPL (or whatever it's called) that won't be getting my money this season either.

Edited by baba douche

And the friendly, respectful debate descends into a slagging match.

Is " don't fucking go" the position of GMFC or just a few fans?

This really is a good way to treat customers.

In 6 visits I've put a good few bob into the club and local pubs, this is how welcome I'm made?

I thought I was being respectful in giving you 3 options! It's simple really if you don't like sitting in the stand which 9 times out of 10 you will be why don't you just miss the game instead of going and then whining about it on here which is becoming tediously boring.

Yes I am the voice of Greenock and Greenock Morton. You're barred.

The desire to tell folk how little we care comes as a direct result of supporters of other clubs continuously going on about how much they hate Cappielow. What are you actually seeking to achieve? Sympathy? Apologies? Us to lobby the club about something we've also been subject to in low key friendlies when our own fans' complaints have fallen on deaf ears?

There comes a point that if you hate something that much you have to take decisive action. Moaning on Pie and Bovril isn't decisive action though. I know the stewards at Firhill are tadgers, I know the stand at Dundee is crap, I know the view at Cowdenbeath is grim, I know the catering at Livingston is overpriced, I know I'm not welcome in the bar at Falkirk and I know that the atmosphere at Raith is terrible. However, I don't feel the need to constantly troll the threads of those clubs fans seeking sympathy from them for my ordeal. I've got the choice of whether to go or not and choose to go. That's my choice and if I want to go to these places and am not happy I know that I made the conscious decision to be treated poorly.

The decisive action I take is by refusing to give anymore money than is absolutely necessary. If you're unhappy, as you certainly appear to be, then feel free to either complain to Morton, limit your spending at Cappielow or boycott. Regardless of how much you want us to miss you, only a mass boycott will affect our club so we won't really care about it any more than we care about how much an Annan fans hates going to Albion Rovers.

Telt

The best solution to this issue from a fans perspective would be to divide the Cowshed as it used to be. Regrettably, the nanny state we live in nowadays puts too many obstacles in the way of that.

I agree. Having the away fans in the shed brings back some atmosphere at games. The club should definitely consider this in the longer term. Doubt it'll happen though as we've been going on about it for years.

Come home Swampy...your country (and team) needs you!!!

I am in sunny Greenock right now. Not ashamed to admit I'm really looking forward to today's game :D

The best solution to this issue from a fans perspective would be to divide the Cowshed as it used to be. Regrettably, the nanny state we live in nowadays puts too many obstacles in the way of that.

Sack that.

The Cowshed is great as it is now and in the days we did have the fence it obstructed the view of the Morton fans. Okay, there are still pillars, but they aren't a big issue for anyone who stands in the shed.

No reason to compromise the pleasure of the home support just to appease any visitors to Cappielow.

I am in sunny Greenock right now. Not ashamed to admit I'm really looking forward to today's game :D

you should be ...

Not fashionable to show any enthusiasm for this 'meaningless' game. There should be the best part of 5K there today, none of whom 'give a shit' ^_^

Edited by cornbeef

No reason to compromise the pleasure of the home support just to appease any visitors to Cappielow.

Obviously, you're doing this deliberately now, but it's a strange outlook.

VT clearly is every bit as influential as people say - last time we were here I remember the sort of line above was one of his staples.

At that point though, only that embarrassing pre-pubescent twit, McKee, was making a big effort to emulate him. Now though, it seems to be fashionable among quite a few Morton fans to be wilfully obnoxious.

Well played VT, I say.

It is actually a great feeling at Cappielow... :thumsup2

Oh, this is good.

This thread was spawned in the white heat of a few early league wins two years ago.

Now, you're off again after a pre-season friendly for Christ's sake.

And I thought Rangers fans never learned.

Oh, this is good.

This thread was spawned in the white heat of a few early league wins two years ago.

You're a really shite troll.

Oh, this is good.

It's always good to beat them, and it's always shite to lose to them. What are you struggling with?

Oh, this is good.

We beat Motherwell 3-1 but weren't too fussed as it was a friendly. Today was def not played like a friendly. Tackles were flying in all over the place and the players wanted to win just as much as the fans.