A great feeling at Cappielow..

We are allowed a wee bit of optimism. All of our signings are showing promise. Contrast that with how St Mirren fans are feeling about their new players. Of course it might (probably?) go pear shaped but compared to how we were feeling a couple of weeks ago, we are entitled to feel good.

There's feeling optimistic, then there's proclaiming our untried and untested squad as world beaters.

Already a lot of people are saying we have a better goalkeeper, defence and midfield than the team who finished 2nd last year aswell as a striker who is apparently going to bang them in. All this despite not having played a competitive game.

All this unfounded optimism has always made me feel more pessimistic about the season than I did a couple of days ago.

There's feeling optimistic, then there's proclaiming our untried and untested squad as world beaters.

Already a lot of people are saying we have a better goalkeeper, defence and midfield than the team who finished 2nd last year aswell as a striker who is apparently going to bang them in. All this despite not having played a competitive game.

All this unfounded optimism has always made me feel more pessimistic about the season than I did a couple of days ago.

I think there may well be a tad too much optimism but some optimism is not wholly unfounded. And calling yesterday's match as a pre season friendly well understates it. Nobody was holding back on the tackles in either team and there were bookings to prove it. I don't think anyone is saying we are going to win the league but we look a far more competitive side than any of us imagined would happen a few weeks ago.

I think there may well be a tad too much optimism but some optimism is not wholly unfounded. And calling yesterday's match as a pre season friendly well understates it. Nobody was holding back on the tackles in either team and there were bookings to prove it. I don't think anyone is saying we are going to win the league but we look a far more competitive side than any of us imagined would happen a few weeks ago.

Optimism is good. I liked the optimism most fans had before yesterday's game.

Now we've beaten the 2nd worst team in the SPL, who's squad has gotten worse and who are behind us on their pre season schedule, I hardly see it as a reason to get any more optimistic than we were before the game.

Optimism is good. I liked the optimism most fans had before yesterday's game.

Now we've beaten the 2nd worst team in the SPL, who's squad has gotten worse and who are behind us on their pre season schedule, I hardly see it as a reason to get any more optimistic than we were before the game.

We also beat the 2nd best team in the spl and were really unlucky not to get a result against St.jonhnstone who finished 3rd. Of course there's going to be positivity flying around especially after pumping the midden. If you don't like reading it don't click on the thread. Edited by SuperTon

I was pretty optimistic after a good few pre season results in summer 2010 so I know where you're coming from, but once the games kicked off we were rubbish.

I also noticed that in summer 2010 just about everyone handed Dunfermline a pasting, yet they won the league.

I've also watched a very young Falkirk team beat Ajax in a friendly, and they had a few big names in the team.

Although It's hard not to be optimistic after some good friendly results, It's probably best you save your optimism for the end of august.

We also beat the 2nd best team in the spl and were really unlucky not to get a result against St.jonhnstone who finished 3rd. Of course there's going to be positivity flying around especially after pumping the midden. If you don't like reading it don't click on the thread.

You'd think some Morton fans would learn their lesson about premature great feelings.

If you don't like me questioning people's optimism then don't click on the thread, since apparently an Internet forum isn't about opinions and discussing them.

Optimism is fine - over-confidence, far-reaching predictions and so forth aren't.

It's going to be an interesting season, but that victory was extremely pleasing regardless of what happens.

If - IF - we can produce performances similar to that on a regular basis, we should be alright. Maybe.

You'd think some Morton fans would learn their lesson about premature great feelings.

If you don't like me questioning people's optimism then don't click on the thread, since apparently an Internet forum isn't about opinions and discussing them.

Oh away and get laid you miserablist.

We're off the back of our best season in over fifteen years, we've made some great signings, we've humiliated our biggest rivals all in the midst of the warmest weather ever recorded.

Thus it can only be your lack of sex that has you such a stick in the mud.

You have a point and the last thing we want is people getting too confident but no one's really doing that. We've just beaten our first rivals for the first time in years and we have a team which suddenly looks very impressive. Most people feel we're capable of mounting a good title challenge again which is fair enough at the moment. It's not as if we have fans going about saying we're going to run away with the league, which would be a case of going really over the top.

Hello Morton Fans(Except Pride of the Clyde)

I'm starting to do my Fantasy Football preparation for the first division(launching this Friday), and would love some Ton fans to confirm this is their current first team squad:

Greenock Morton Squad-list 2013/2014:

Derek Gaston
Nicolas Caraux

Mark McLaughlin
Scott Taggart
Jonathan Page
Michal Habai
Tomas Peciar
Marc Fitzpatrick
Thomas O'ware

Fouad Bachirou
Joe McKee
Reece Hands
David Verlaque
Dougie Imrie
Aidan Fulton
David O'Brien

Archie Campbell
Tony Wallace
Kabba-Modou Cham
David McNeill

Cheers!

Hello Morton Fans(Except Pride of the Clyde)

I'm starting to do my Fantasy Football preparation for the first division(launching this Friday), and would love some Ton fans to confirm this is their current first team squad:

Cheers!

Yeah that's it SLJ. :)

Have you read the Dundee thread lately!! :lol::lol:

They are gonnae gub us a'.........

:whistle