A great feeling at Cappielow..

Why was MonkeyTennis absent from this thread and the forum in general last season? Was he ill?

Ah very good VT. No, as I could swear you spotted, my team were absent from this division last season - just for the one year though.

Throw in the fact that Morton spent much of last season winning matches, and you can see why this place lacked a certain appeal.

You know, your post reminded me of the snivelling questions Rangers fans would ask last season when they'd actually managed to beat Elgin or whoever. Or even those much derided "Where's VT?" ones you used to get on here when Morton lost.

Has it really come to this VT? Has it?

Why was MonkeyTennis absent from this thread and the forum in general last season? Was he ill?

I think young VT has picked up a pre-season injury here :o

The lad's having a shocker Gary. Can he regain his form before the season gets under way?

I think young VT has picked up a pre-season injury here :o

The lad's having a shocker Gary. Can he regain his form before the season gets under way?

I say he can. You tend to forget because he's been around a while and achieved a lot, that he's still learning his trade.

He doesn't always make the right decisions as we've seen today, but the lad's got quality. I predict that he'll learn from this and come back stronger. I'm just not convinced that his team mates can do the same.

I say he can. You tend to forget because he's been around a while and achieved a lot, that he's still learning his trade.

He doesn't always make the right decisions as we've seen today, but the lad's got quality. I predict that he'll learn from this and come back stronger. I'm just not convinced that his team mates can do the same.

Well Gary, we all hope he can, but..... this type of injury has caused many a talented player his career and, more often than not, they are never quite the same as they once were.

Only time will tell. Fingers crossed for the boy eh? ;-)

He's got a lot to carry.

Edited by GreenockRover

Ah very good VT. No, as I could swear you spotted, my team were absent from this division last season - just for the one year though.

Throw in the fact that Morton spent much of last season winning matches, and you can see why this place lacked a certain appeal.

And the fact Morton casually achieved a higher league placing last season than any Queen of the South side since the 1960s.

That must smart.

GreenockRover in lobotomy shocker.

Oh wait, not that surprising at all.

What's wrong petal? I'm more than sure my Greenock chums can look after themselves and don't really need backing up from someone associated with the Franchise Cheats F.C. ?

Run along now.

PETER WEATHERSTON LINES UP AGAINST FORMER CLUB MORTON

PETER Weatherston could play a key role in tomorrow’s Ramsdens Cup first round tie against Morton at Galabank.

Annan Athletic manager Jim Chapman believes the big striker who can also play at the back, is an important addition to the squad.

Chapman says his summer signing will be up against his old club and the manager says he could have a point to prove. “He’s obviously got the incentive that it’s his old club he’s playing and he’s spent the best part of his career with them.

“He also got his testimonial from them earlier this month but it’s like everything else, he may have a point to prove. However he doesn’t have to prove anything to us because we’re well aware of his capabilities.

It was written...

Moore must stay ;)