A great feeling at Cappielow..

^^ word salad

But, seeing as we're dealing with the clear peaks of a season, when was the last time you handed their arse to an Old Firm club on their own midden?

Be sure to respond otherwise you're really out of the game.

Don't remember mentioning anything about the peaks of a season. I just checked back and am sure.

Have a read of my post and try responding to that.

All Morton's win over Celtic did was reflect badly on Celtic for not turning up.

From a Morton point of view, the Morton players should be ashamed that they have only played well once this season.

All Morton's win over Celtic did was reflect badly on Celtic for not turning up.

From a Morton point of view, the Morton players should be ashamed that they have only played well once this season.

The thing is, several of those players aren't even with the club anymore, including the centre-half pairing that night (which was the first time they'd ever played together there). So it's not as if we can't simply blame a poor team. We've had 35 different players play for us in the league this season, only 4 of them have started more than 20 games and only 12 in total who have started more than 10 games. Moore had 14 league games in charge, Hopkin 2, and Shiels 12 so far - 16 points between the lot of them.

The reaction to Hamilton's fourth goal yesterday summed it up, we could only laugh.

At least some Morton fans are taking Morton's demise well and not trying to desperately spin their season into some sort of triumph. Now that would be ridiculous

I've gotten to the point that I don't care anymore. I used to see this thread update every Saturday evening and get annoyed at other teams fans laughing at us, now I just come on here and laugh with them. No point getting annoyed now, we are shit and going down - nothing is gonna change that!

I've gotten to the point that I don't care anymore. I used to see this thread update every Saturday evening and get annoyed at other teams fans laughing at us, now I just come on here and laugh with them. No point getting annoyed now, we are shit and going down - nothing is gonna change that!

To be fair pretty much all of you are accepting your fate with either a shrug of the shoulders or a gallows sense of humour. We did the exact same during the horror of the Anelka season and there is nothing else you can do. I suspect much of the pointing and laughing is because of one or two tedious trolls who happen to support your club. For the decent Morton supporters there's probably sympathy as we all realise it could easily be us (and still might be for us if Cowden get their act together)

Edited by roverthemoon

No. They can still finish above us! They still have 9 to play and could theoretically get another 27 points to reach 43. I haven't worked out all the permutations to see if they can actually get 4th, it may be that a combination of results that sees us get no more points and Morton win all their games still leaves somebody else as having to total more than that, I'm not sure.

For outright relegation to be confirmed, if Morton lose today to Accies, in midweek against Cowden and away to us next week whilst Cowden get another 3 points in that week either from ourselves today or Accies next Saturday plus Alloa would need to pick up a point somewhere in three games this week THEN Morton could be relegated by 5pm next weekend.

They could theoretically be confirmed as playoffs at best by midweek but it would need them to lose to Accies and then Cowden and for Livi and Raith to get at least 2 points in their two games each and Alloa to get 4 points. Alloa have Falkirk and Livingston to play, Raith and Livi play each other and Raith's other game is at Hamilton so it's a very long shot.

Bump.

So, Morton lost, we won, Alloa won. The permutations for relegation next weekend remain live. For that to happen Cowdenbeath need to beat Morton in midweek and then beat Hamilton next weekend whilst we beat Morton.

It's also still possible they could be eliminated from the race for 8th by midweek. For that to happen they need to lose at Cowdenbeath whilst Raith beat Hamilton and Alloa get a point against Livingston.

^^ word salad

But, seeing as we're dealing with the clear peaks of a season, when was the last time you handed their arse to an Old Firm club on their own midden?

When was the last time a team that was 11 points clear going into the last few months of last season, ends up getting relegated from the same league the following season. Answers on a postcard only please...lol. Poor old Morton!

When was the last time a team that was 11 points clear going into the last few months of last season, ends up getting relegated from the same league the following season. Answers on a postcard only please...lol. Poor old Morton!

Certainly wasn't us cos we were never 11 points clear at any time last season? :unsure:

ETA we were 9 points clear, but with Thistle having three games in hand. So technically we didn't throw anything away.

Edited by IainMorton

Incorrect

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/cooshed.php?act=viewHof&docId=40

Scottish league cup Quarter final 1949 at Ibrox Rangers 2-3 Cowdenbath

Ages ago but vikingTon has absolutely no come back to that.

Mainly due to his bigging up of Morton winning the Scottish Cup back in 1922 when the opposition finished the game with 9 men after their goalie got called in for his tea and their star striker left at half time for his shift down the pit.

You didn't state when we had to have beaten them by, you simply said cowdenbeath have never beaten either of the old firm teams you were then proved wrong, nice to see you laughing at yourself tho.

Except that's not what happened. I asked for an example, to which there was a great deal of humming and hawing, and now we know why. The last comparable result happened 65 years ago. Embarrassing stuff for all those concerned since, up there with every Queen of the South league finish since the 1950s being comfortably surpassed by Morton's last campaign alone.

Except that's not what happened. I asked for an example, to which there was a great deal of humming and hawing, and now we know why. The last comparable result happened 65 years ago. Embarrassing stuff for all those concerned since, up there with every Queen of the South league finish since the 1950s being comfortably surpassed by Morton's last campaign alone.

You really kicked on from that Celtic win though didn't you?

That's the spirit VT. Remember and tell the seasiders of your second place last year. They love that sort of chat.

While I am sure the joy of last year's 'successful' second place finish will live with you for a long time, it masks an unpalatable truth.

Morton have only finished above us in the league on three occasions since you started watching them. This season has only served to restore the natural order of things I'm afraid.

Edited by qos_75