Grand Theft Auto V

Yeah, perhaps censorship was the wrong word to use. I do wonder how many people have bought it for their sons / daughters without knowing what's actually in it.

I'd assume there's somewhere online which will break down the rating of the game and why it's an 18 etc (the BBFC do it with films so I'd assume there's a gaming equivalent who'll have an entry for GTA V), if there is then parents have no excuses.

They need to put in a bit of effort and research into the game and then make a decision and not be so spineless.

And yeah, people complaining about GTA corrupting children! :lol:

on this theory then, what age would people deem it 'ok' to buy the game for. If I had a son or daughter, I'd be quite happy supplying them the game at 15/16 for example if I knew they were in a fit mental state to play it and understood everything in it.

As a parent, there is no way I would supply this to anyone under 18. Have you seen some of the shit Trevor gets up to?

Are you maybe playing as the wrong character? If you see a green F, blue M or orange T, switch to that character and go to that spot for a mission.

I've been jumping between the characters for ages, nothing. Will just go away and do all the strangers and freaks missions and see if anything comes up.

ETA: the last story mission I did was the torture one, if that's any use? What's supposed to come next?

Edited by RobBairn1876

Was in Game after work tonight buying PS3 bundle. This wifie was buying GTA V, standing beside her was her son, he was about 12-13 and had a big cheesy grin all over his face. Obviously she wasn't buying it for hubby.

Because she was buying it for her son! See what you did there.

I've been jumping between the characters for ages, nothing. Will just go away and do all the strangers and freaks missions and see if anything comes up.

ETA: the last story mission I did was the torture one, if that's any use? What's supposed to come next?

Some missions only become available after you get a phone call, at other times there is only 1 character who has a relevant story mission.

Spent ages looking for a car that had the right balance of speed and handling that I could mod and use, I mean literally a good hour or two driving around stealing and testing cars. Picked one up that I thought was perfect and spent a ton of money adding stuff to it to bring it up to speed. Drove it back to Michael's and parked it in the drive. It was gone when after I saved. OK, I thought, I'll just have to do the same again. Went through the whole rigmarole again. It was for the mission where you have to stash the getaway vehicle for Franklin.

Spent ages looking for a car that had the right balance of speed and handling that I could mod and use, I mean literally a good hour or two driving around stealing and testing cars. Picked one up that I thought was perfect and spent a ton of money adding stuff to it to bring it up to speed. Drove it back to Michael's and parked it in the drive. It was gone when after I saved. OK, I thought, I'll just have to do the same again. Went through the whole rigmarole again. It was for the mission where you have to stash the getaway vehicle for Franklin.

The vehicle doesn't matter that much really. All you have to do is blow up a garbage truck then drive away in the vehicle you choose, with no wanted level.

The vehicle doesn't matter that much really. All you have to do is blow up a garbage truck then drive away in the vehicle you choose, with no wanted level.

Haha, yeah that was my point. I'm long past that now but at the time it was so annoying

Anyone been attacked by a shark yet? :lol

I was sailing about and a red dot appeared on my map and I was like "wtf", stopped and got out and it was a shark. Blasted that motherfucker though.

Also had a random encounter which ended up getting Trevor tazered. He woke up in his underwear on a train track just as a train was coming towards him! I jumped on it and shot the driver, hoping to steal it, but the train never slowed down!