Grand Theft Auto V

Fecking flightschool. I don't need to complete this do I. can't complete the chopper course quick enough

Get your nose tipped and you'll be fine ;)

I enjoyed the flight school, I take it to get 100% you'd need to finish it? You won't need it to do any missions though. Although there is one mission where skydiving practice will come in handy ;)

Whats the deal with the Los Santos airport Hanger? Have finished the story, and tried to buy it with both Michael & Frank (Trevor not allowed)....

anyway, on several occasions now, I walk up to the For Sale sign, get the prompt to buy it, then nothing happens. It just won't let me buy it. :wacko:

Whats the deal with the Los Santos airport Hanger? Have finished the story, and tried to buy it with both Michael & Frank (Trevor not allowed)....

anyway, on several occasions now, I walk up to the For Sale sign, get the prompt to buy it, then nothing happens. It just won't let me buy it.  :wacko:

Because you're a dirty arab if you know what I mean...

If you haven't played GTA 5 online yet, that's fine, this probably still will make sense to you.

GTA 5 online is fantastic, despite being a user interface disaster. The most interesting part is the "freeroam" mode. There are plenty of non-violent ways to interact with other players in GTA 5 online freeroam, but generally the only thing everyone does is kill each other immediately on sight. You get some small amount of money for killing another player, but not enough to explain the rampant violence. People just do it because they're mostly animals. Mostly insane. Mostly Trevors.

So last night, I'm playing online and I've found a place to get helicopters pretty easy I wanted to see if someone would get in the helicopter with me so I take it and land it in front of someone. Unsurprisingly, I'm shot and killed and they take my helicopter. It's no big deal though since I can get a new helicopter pretty quick, so I do this again a few more times to the same end - acquire a helicopter, land, get shot, get helicopter stolen, repeat. After about 6 or 7 times of this happening, someone finally decides not to shoot and rob me. Instead, very timidly and cautiously, they approach the helicopter and get in with me. I take off.

I like to think of myself as more like Michael. More of the sentimental type. So I take my new friend/guest/hostage around the map with me to all the cool places I've found. I show them how to rob liquor stores super easy and escape from the cops in my helicopter. I take him to the top of a mountain, to some construction sites, to the wind turbine farm, to the amusement park, we go all over and he genuinely seems to enjoy the experiences. At each stop, he gets out and politely looks around, as if in appreciation, and then gets back in the chopper with me. No words are exchanged at all since neither of us has a microphone, but nothing needs to be said.

After about 15 minutes of this going on, I take him to the top of the tallest building in the game. He goes to the edge and looks over the city. It's sunset, and it's beautiful. He's enjoying the view. It's serene. Before I know it, I have my pistol out and pointed at the back of his head. I ask myself "am I really different than all the other animals playing online here?" And as his limp body tumbled off the roof, I chuckled to myself and thought, "no, no I'm not any different."

I wonder about what the other player must have thought as he saw his character betrayed on top of that building. I like to think it was a learning experience for both of us. I learned that really, we're all Trevors.

:lol::lol:

If you haven't played GTA 5 online yet, that's fine, this probably still will make sense to you.

GTA 5 online is fantastic, despite being a user interface disaster. The most interesting part is the "freeroam" mode. There are plenty of non-violent ways to interact with other players in GTA 5 online freeroam, but generally the only thing everyone does is kill each other immediately on sight. You get some small amount of money for killing another player, but not enough to explain the rampant violence. People just do it because they're mostly animals. Mostly insane. Mostly Trevors.

So last night, I'm playing online and I've found a place to get helicopters pretty easy I wanted to see if someone would get in the helicopter with me so I take it and land it in front of someone. Unsurprisingly, I'm shot and killed and they take my helicopter. It's no big deal though since I can get a new helicopter pretty quick, so I do this again a few more times to the same end - acquire a helicopter, land, get shot, get helicopter stolen, repeat. After about 6 or 7 times of this happening, someone finally decides not to shoot and rob me. Instead, very timidly and cautiously, they approach the helicopter and get in with me. I take off.

I like to think of myself as more like Michael. More of the sentimental type. So I take my new friend/guest/hostage around the map with me to all the cool places I've found. I show them how to rob liquor stores super easy and escape from the cops in my helicopter. I take him to the top of a mountain, to some construction sites, to the wind turbine farm, to the amusement park, we go all over and he genuinely seems to enjoy the experiences. At each stop, he gets out and politely looks around, as if in appreciation, and then gets back in the chopper with me. No words are exchanged at all since neither of us has a microphone, but nothing needs to be said.

After about 15 minutes of this going on, I take him to the top of the tallest building in the game. He goes to the edge and looks over the city. It's sunset, and it's beautiful. He's enjoying the view. It's serene. Before I know it, I have my pistol out and pointed at the back of his head. I ask myself "am I really different than all the other animals playing online here?" And as his limp body tumbled off the roof, I chuckled to myself and thought, "no, no I'm not any different."

I wonder about what the other player must have thought as he saw his character betrayed on top of that building. I like to think it was a learning experience for both of us. I learned that really, we're all Trevors.

Glorious. Just glorious.

There are a lot of absolute tools online - I had high hopes for the bad sport system, but I haven't really seen this affect anything yet. Maybe does behind the scenes, or maybe I've just not been observant enough. One guy unsportingly killed me twice while I was away from the screen. He refused my offer of a square-go (one-on-one deathmatch - they really should have called it square-go though) so I hunted him down and killed him three times. He kept trying to run away as we were out in the country and he had no vehicle or weapon by the looks of it. Satisfying.

Glorious. Just glorious.

There are a lot of absolute tools online - I had high hopes for the bad sport system, but I haven't really seen this affect anything yet. Maybe does behind the scenes, or maybe I've just not been observant enough. One guy unsportingly killed me twice while I was away from the screen. He refused my offer of a square-go (one-on-one deathmatch - they really should have called it square-go though) so I hunted him down and killed him three times. He kept trying to run away as we were out in the country and he had no vehicle or weapon by the looks of it. Satisfying.

I think you'll see it come into effect as time goes on.

Glorious. Just glorious.

The only thing I've noticed is that I was randomly given 1k for being a good sport.

I had a similar story to yours earlier. I was robbing a shop and he came in last minute and killed me then taking all the money. Followed him after, killing him

Several times as he had no car or weapons.

Have to say I have no qualms interrupting robberies and executing the perp and the store keeper. You can kill people thru the door when they're about to get a haircut too

Exactly why I play in invite only match ups.

Btw don't trust the claimed stats of any car, try before you buy. Me and my mates have been racing all day and what the cars claim to do on paper isn't fact in reality.

GTA is a game about killing people tho. That's the way free roam should be don't you think?

The whole point of the crew is to get some co-op on the go

ETA: last night I killed some guy, he challenged to a death match which I won, then five minutes later we were both on the same job working together on a mission. Sounds good to me

Edited by madwullie

Survival missions are the boss. Was lucky enough to get into one somehow when I was level 8. Battered through a few of them and came out a rich level 15. If you get a chance place them. They only last 10 waves and you get 20k for your trouble and a shed load of RP

Survival missions are the boss. Was lucky enough to get into one somehow when I was level 8. Battered through a few of them and came out a rich level 15. If you get a chance place them. They only last 10 waves and you get 20k for your trouble and a shed load of RP

Indeed. A group of four crew members and ten waves equals a lot of money and a shit tonne of xp. It's also great fun.