Grand Theft Auto V

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

The main thing I'm excited for with GTA 6 (other than what will likely be a decent story mode narrative - it is a rockstar game after all), is being able to play online for more than 5 minutes without some c**t on a flying motorbike with missiles blowing you up.

But of course, after 5 minutes Rockstar will offer a new pack that offers a flying mobility scooter with multiple missiles that everyone will buy.

I'm always amazed at how Rockstar are received given how absolutely shameless they are with microtransactions and the online content.  

20 minutes ago, forameus said:

But of course, after 5 minutes Rockstar will offer a new pack that offers a flying mobility scooter with multiple missiles that everyone will buy.

I'm always amazed at how Rockstar are received given how absolutely shameless they are with microtransactions and the online content.  

This is true. They are absolutely money grabbing b*****ds. With RDR2 I just didn't really bother with the online for that very reason and GTA5 online hasn't been good for a long time because of their microtransations bullshit ruining the fun. 

I'm just hoping that maybe even for a short period of time the online mode here might be a bit more grounded, as the red dead online was widely regarded as a bit of a flop. But we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's VC isn't it?

Certainly looks like a big hint to that!

Maybe a sequel to Vice City? 

Just thinking there as well, while jobs in the gaming industry aren't known to be the best paid or the most secure, it must be quite exciting (compared to most jobs) when the game starts to go to market or the marketing like this starts. 

It's probably already something some people have been working on for years already. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

That's VC isn't it?

When you add in the one leaked screenshot that Rockstar failed to have a takedown notice issued for, it sure looks like 6 is back to Miami/Vice City. The widely spread motorcycle shootout picture has the tall palm trees that could be either Hollywood/Vinewood or Vice City, but with that colour scheme, it’s just gotta be Vice City redux.

On 02/12/2023 at 14:23, GNU_Linux said:

I give it 30 seconds into the trailer before someone accuses Rockstar of going woke

They already have in spaces where it gets talked about.  Plenty of making up things that will definitely be in the game, just so they can complain about it.  And a lot of those that aren't bitterly disappointed at there probably being a female protagonist are salivating about what she'll look like.  It's fucking depressing.

I expect there's going to be lot of absolutely raging people tomorrow for various baffling reasons.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

2025 in Rockstar speak means probably 2026 or 2027 instead.

Yeah I was hoping for a May 2024 date and then it would likely have a couple of delays and probably come out by May 2025. Still seems a long way away.