Grand Theft Auto V

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

After saying when I got my PS5 I wouldn’t go near GTA 5 after completing it on the previous 2 console generations, I picked up a copy for £20 a few weeks back. Surprised at how much I forgot or remembered but had different bits much later/earlier. 

It still stands up even though it’s 10 years old this year. Slightly disappointing that 6 still isn’t here or even announced, I was in 6th year at school when 5 came out :lol:

32 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

After saying when I got my PS5 I wouldn’t go near GTA 5 after completing it on the previous 2 console generations, I picked up a copy for £20 a few weeks back. Surprised at how much I forgot or remembered but had different bits much later/earlier. 

It still stands up even though it’s 10 years old this year. Slightly disappointing that 6 still isn’t here or even announced, I was in 6th year at school when 5 came out :lol:

When it does arrive it's going to leave lots of people disappointed. 

There's no shot it can come close to people's expectations considering the long wait. 

51 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

When it does arrive it's going to leave lots of people disappointed. 

There's no shot it can come close to people's expectations considering the long wait. 

That’s my fear, all this hype and build up and I’m scared it won’t even come close. That being said, when was the last time Rockstar had a flop? 

4 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

That’s my fear, all this hype and build up and I’m scared it won’t even come close. That being said, when was the last time Rockstar had a flop? 

Yeah I think everyone has the same monstrous expectations which nobody could live up to. 

I dunno about a flop but I think they've dropped the ball a wee bit and have lost some goodwill from the way they killed RDR2 online, then they fucked everyone about ironically porting the previous GTAs when people expected remastered versions, same with them doing that for the og red dead.

Whenever it comes out it will break all record sales still. 

I think of all the developers left at that kind of tier, one of the safest you can probably bank on for delivering a good product is Rockstar.  I expect GTA6 will be very, very good and have a relatively high level of polish (admittedly by the really low bar most people other than Nintendo seem to manage).  I'm not sure I buy the expectation that it taking so long means it'll be a disappointment.  Games this big should take this long.  If it comes out and is polished and near faultless, then the cycle has done its job.  If it comes out and its Bethesda levels of buggy nonsense, then yeah, there'll be disappointment.  Can't see that happening though.

What I can see them doing is allying it with a big money-printing machine like GTAO and completely undoing all the praise they get.  It always amazes me how the likes of EA get absolutely hammered for their predatory tactics, yet Rockstar continue to get an easier ride comparitively.  Some of their decisions with the online have been absolutely dreadful.

On 05/09/2023 at 15:45, forameus said:

I think of all the developers left at that kind of tier, one of the safest you can probably bank on for delivering a good product is Rockstar.  I expect GTA6 will be very, very good and have a relatively high level of polish (admittedly by the really low bar most people other than Nintendo seem to manage).  I'm not sure I buy the expectation that it taking so long means it'll be a disappointment.  Games this big should take this long.  If it comes out and is polished and near faultless, then the cycle has done its job.  If it comes out and its Bethesda levels of buggy nonsense, then yeah, there'll be disappointment.  Can't see that happening though.

What I can see them doing is allying it with a big money-printing machine like GTAO and completely undoing all the praise they get.  It always amazes me how the likes of EA get absolutely hammered for their predatory tactics, yet Rockstar continue to get an easier ride comparitively.  Some of their decisions with the online have been absolutely dreadful.

That’s not strictly Rockstar’s fault; but their parent company Take2. They are the predators in terms of the microtransctionary hell of GTAO.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

When is this looking to be due?

Imma buy a PS5 as it comes out.

All the talk is next year but given Rockstar games pretty much always have a delay or two from the announced dates of their major games I’d expect it to arrive anywhere between late next year and late 2025.

Edited by Rodhull

• 1 month later...

Very interesting news, but remains to be seen what kind of announcement it is.  If it's a proper trailer and says we'll get it in the first half of 2024, fucking brilliant.  Rockstar are absolute shitehawks when it comes to microtransactions and using GTAO as a money-printing machine, but it's near certain that they will release a highly polished game, which is rare these days.

The main thing I'm excited for with GTA 6 (other than what will likely be a decent story mode narrative - it is a rockstar game after all), is being able to play online for more than 5 minutes without some c**t on a flying motorbike with missiles blowing you up.