American Horror Story

King Kebab

I loved the 1st and 2nd one. I've yet to watch Coven. Asylum was one of the best pieces of tv I've watched in years. Absolutely gripping stuff with plenty of twists and turns.

I just cannot get into this one though sadly. I'm doing my best to defend it but I'm not even kidding myself. There just hasn't been enough twists yet and I'm not completely for or against any character yet, like has been in the past. In Asylum especially, you were absolutely hating some characters and really routing for some others; then your opinion kept changing. It's not done that in Horror Story. I thought this had the potential to be the best one as well. When Elsa gave the twins away a few weeks ago I thought it was all going to kick off from then on. That never materialised and the next episode was pretty pish. I've still to watch this weeks as a result! It's really saddened me tbh, as Asylum had me gripped and I watched it completely after 2 days (Netflix). Hopefully it picks up, but 9 episodes in, it's gonna take a helluva turnaround! :-(

• 3 weeks later...

The latest episode focussing on Pepper and how she was admitted to BriarCliff Asylum was a return to form. It was good to see Lily Rabe back as well, she is my favourite actress in the series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YTSI5LYCi0

Preview of season 5 'Hotel'. Hopefully will be an improvement on Freakshow. I did like Freakshow, it was enjoyable, but I don't think it was up to the same standards of Murder House and Asylum. Coven, in my opinion, is utter guff and was a total slog to get through on netflix. Felt like watching a teen programme with the quite girly themes.

• 2 months later...

Anyone been watching season 5 so far ? What you guys think of it ? Surprisingly im actually quite into it

Also I haven't seen season 3 Coven is it worth a watch ?

Well if you liked the other series you may as well watch it. I didn't like it that much, but that was mainly as it focused on witches. Witches are shite.

I have seen three episodes so far and I thought the first episode wasn't very good. But the second and third episodes have taken the story on and think the story is going to be quite interesting after all. I don't think it will be the quality of the second season. Plus it's not very creepy at all which is disappointing. I don't really get creeped out by vampires.

Hopefully later on in the season we see some nods to the vampire movie genre, with a Peter Cushing inspired Van Helsing checking in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Finally got caught up with this. Got to say I'm really enjoying this season. Quite a cracking twist in the latest episode and I didn't see it coming. It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. It feels like a big game of Cluedo now :lol:

I wonder if we'll see the real Butcher.