Steve Kean

Theeesel

How long will this go on? He is surely the most overdue manager for the sack in the history of the premiership and possibly football for that matter.

Its getting to the stage now that i feel sorry for him and the amount of abuse he's getting. The owners clearly don't have a clue what there doing and should have put an end to this farce a long time ago. Its not his fault he hasn't been sacked yet. The more this continues though, the more the fans will hate him and make the abuse and insults personal. Whereas if he had just been sacked when he should of, he could of walked away without all the continued abuse and there wouldn't be too many hard feelings on part of the fans.

Its a bit like the Samaras situation at Celtic. Its not his fault he's getting a game. He's shite and clearly not good enough so should be spared of the abuse by Lennon not giving him a game. The Kean situation is on a much more extreme scale though.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to laugh though,he obviously doesn't believe his squad has the quality to do anything;

First he said his side had the ability to get them out of trouble,

Then he said they needed players back from injury to do well(which is kind of true with Nelson,Givet and others)

And finally he said he is ''crossing his fingers'' that things go better.

Not very convincing

He's pretty clearly going to take Blackburn down but they have been pretty unlucky this season I'd say. Their fans deserve relegation, they go 1-0 down within 5 minutes of a massive match and they start booing and protesting. They definitely have the team they deserve.

He's pretty clearly going to take Blackburn down but they have been pretty unlucky this season I'd say. Their fans deserve relegation, they go 1-0 down within 5 minutes of a massive match and they start booing and protesting. They definitely have the team they deserve.

They feel their club is being completely ruined by the owners though.

Its not just a case of not liking the manager and going through a bad spell. A club that once won the league and has always done relatively well on and off the park is now being completely destroyed from top to bottom financially and on the park performances.

If i was a fan id be raging as well. I feel bad for Kean though. You can see he is trying to remain optimistic under ridiculous amounts of abuse but its not really working. He should just walk away and go back to being a coach somewhere.

So every manager who is at the bottom of the table should get emptied? Pish. There will always be a team at the bottom, doesnt mean every one of their managers is rotton.

Need a better 'deselection' criteria than that.

They feel their club is being completely ruined by the owners though.

Its not just a case of not liking the manager and going through a bad spell. A club that once won the league and has always done relatively well on and off the park is now being completely destroyed from top to bottom financially and on the park performances.

If i was a fan id be raging as well. I feel bad for Kean though. You can see he is trying to remain optimistic under ridiculous amounts of abuse but its not really working. He should just walk away and go back to being a coach somewhere.

Yes, all correct and I sympathise with their position, but protesting in the manner they did last night after five minutes isn't going to help the team on the pitch. There are other, better, times to protest about the owners. They're going to get relegated and the fans deserve it. It isn't their fault the team are in the position they are but they're actually a large part of the problem at the moment.

I honestly thought Kean was going to resign last night. He had the look of a beaten man on the sidelines. He's conducted himself superbly throughout the whole thing though, not so much as an angry glance at the thousands of people screaming all sorts of abuse at him. He's bound to snap sooner or later.

His willingness to stay on despite the fact the writing was on the wall a long time ago is going to cost Blackburn a place in the Prem.

ps, David Goodwillie must be kicking himself. Cant even get a game either.

Aye, he must be right gutted going not playing for the Mighty Glasgow Rangers. He is in the best league in the world getting paid a lot more than he would with Ranges. Gie yerself peace.

The Rovers fans have simply had enough of the way things are going. No other manager has been treated like Steve Kean was last night. The reaction is a mixture of feelings but mainly aimed at Venkys. They rarely attend games or Blackburn in general. Steve Kean am sure does try but he is like a spokesman for Venkys so he gets not only everybody disharmany about the lack of points the team has picked up but the way the club is running also. Maybe if he stopped running back and forth to India at the drop of a hat and worked with the players full time on the training pitch, then things might change.

On a football side, the Rovers team is weak in my opinion. For me I don't think that Salgado, Givet and N'Zonzi in particular should be in the team, never mind regulars and been uncovinced by Petrovic and Vuckevic also. As for Goodwillie, I wasn't happy that Rovers signed him as simply don't rate him and so far he has not played much to prove me wrong(I hoped he would) There is also too many players being picked out of position. I know it isn't easy when the team has injuries but this has been happening all season and I believe Steve still doesn't know his best team, formation.

Following last night, I simply cannot see how Venky's can continue to back the manager but if I were Steve he would be better to leave now before his reputation in football is totally ruined.

If the man has any integrity, he should walk away.

I also feel a tad sorry for him

Football fans rattle this pish out all the time. Why should he walk away? He obviously has confidence in himself to change Blackburn's fortunes so it's up to his superiors to relieve him of his duties if they think he's not doing well enough.

If you were in Kean's shoes, would you walk away?

I really fell sorry for him, the Blackburn fans have been complete c***s to him for things that aren't his fault. if they actually look closely at the on-field faults with Blackburn, then they'll see that it's the players that are cocking up constantly, not him.

The goals that they're conceding are utterly embarrassing (coming from a Pars fan, I know) i.e. not Kean's fault, he can't make the players put a foot in when that's just basic defending.

I'm all for Steve Kean.

Have to laugh though,he obviously doesn't believe his squad has the quality to do anything;

First he said his side had the ability to get them out of trouble,

Then he said they needed players back from injury to do well(which is kind of true with Nelson,Givet and others)

And finally he said he is ''crossing his fingers'' that things go better.

Not very convincing

Now that's not very true now, is it?

Football fans rattle this pish out all the time. Why should he walk away? He obviously has confidence in himself to change Blackburn's fortunes so it's up to his superiors to relieve him of his duties if they think he's not doing well enough.

If you were in Kean's shoes, would you walk away?

If I was subjected to the levels of abuse he has received, and is almost certainly going to continue to receive, then yes.

If I was subjected to the levels of abuse he has received, and is almost certainly going to continue to receive, then yes.

I'm pretty sure Kean will take the abuse thanks to the nice wage he'll continue to get untill he makes the owners force him out of the door. As well he should as well.

Archived