best/worst chain restaurant

mungo

Been to Frankie & Bennys only a couple of times and I wasn't very impressed with it. I don't get the facination at all.

For good value food, you can't beat a Wetherspoons. Their breakfasts are excellent.

EDIT. Pretty sure there's still a Wimpy at the Ten Pin Bowling in Kilmarnock.

Edited by Stuboy

Loads of crappy chain restaurants are overpriced, have shite food and crap service - Frankie and Bennies is a prime example.

Was thinking about this today actually, while walking through Ocean Terminal - just about every restaurant in there has terrible service. I once ordered a coke as a drink in the Zizzi's there and the waiter huffed and puffed and eventually said that he'd have to go out to a shop to buy me one as they'd run out of coke! Coke! It's not exactly a flaming Midouri and Grape Juice.

I went to the Homemade Burger company when I was there last though and the service was excellent, so well done them.

Ach well theres no reason to go to dunfermline ever again

The Stephens Bakery chain makes it more than worthwhile when it comes to bridies, although they sell them at EEP anyway.

Wimpy wise, Aberdeen has one at the Fun Beach and Peterhead had one when I was there last season. NE Scotland must be it's stronghold, although I think I went past one in Motherwell 'shopping centre' last year on my way to the train station.

Aye, there's a Wimpy in Klmarnock.

I really like F&B's and to be fair I live in Kilmarnock so I'm hard pushed to pick 5 things I like about it.

As for the worst Hot Wok Noodle Bar is up (or down) there for me.

Anyone saying McDonald's as the worst should be questioned... Out of all the chain places mentioned they use the highest quality produce of the lot... a McDonald's burger = 5 Michelin star quality wise compared to a Wetherspoon's/Scream effort.

It's not good for you in the slightest due to the amount of salt they use, but no-one can question the quality of their ingredients nor the cleanliness of their kitchens.

Has anyone ever been to "hooters" ? I know they've got one in Nottingham, but i don't ever see myself being down that neck of the woods. Or America for that matter...

Praying they open one in Scotland cool.gif

post-31886-0-98299600-1325828777_thumb.j

Just not in Dundee ph34r.gif

I went to two hooters in the states last year. One in Miami where the girls were hot hot hot, and one in Baltimore (for comparison purposes). The latter was full of skinny rakes. There's a photo of the Miami one in my archives but no chance I'll be posting it!

As for chains? Browns wins by a country mile for me.

I went to two hooters in the states last year. One in Miami where the girls were hot hot hot, and one in Baltimore (for comparison purposes). The latter was full of skinny rakes. There's a photo of the Miami one in my archives but no chance I'll be posting it!

As for chains? Browns wins by a country mile for me.

Browns is rubbish.

I forgot about hard rock cafe....pig sandwich....tremendous

Look, forget all about these horrible shitey Americanized chain restaurants and get yourself down to your local Scots/French bistro. A big, hearty plate of cassoulet with a full-bodied Merlot is one of lifes most enjoyable things.

Magic

You're not quite getting this thread, are you?