Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Received this reply from the Sports Minister regarding Rnagers being "crucial to the game" (See my email below)

Still begs the question: are Celtic &/or Rangers immune from relegation or failing to make the top 6 ?

To me it makes our league somewhat gerry mandered and a bit of a laughing stock !

mad.gif

Dear Mr SJC

Thank you for your email.

Football is our national game and the Scottish Government is a committed supporter of Scottish football and all of our football clubs in recognition of the important positive role they play in communities throughout Scotland.

I fully recognise that it is vital that both individuals and organisations pay their taxes in a timely manner as taxation is essential to the economic and social development ofScotland. In any statements made on Rangers, the Scottish Government has reiterated the importance of an agreement between the club and HMRC being reached which ensures that Rangers meet their obligations, including their tax liabilities and debts as well as securing as many of the jobs as possible.

As you will know, the club have now entered administration and it is far too early to predict the possible outcome of this but it is less likely that if the club is wound up that tax liabilities will be met. The task for the administrators now is to take forward the process of assessing the business and securing an outcome in the best interests of all of the creditors.

In a telephone conversation yesterday with the administrator, I reiterated our priorities as stated above. A key concern for us is the future of the over 250 people employed by the club and the potential economic impact of administration. The Government stands ready to offer assistance to anyone affected by job losses at the company and we will stay in contact with the administrator throughout the process to ensure we are informed of any developments. The Scottish Government has offered this type of assistance to a number of companies in the past, including other Scottish football clubs which had gone into administration, and will continue to do so with any company with employees facing redundancy.

While we are able to offer support as laid out above, I want to be clear that no public money would be offered to bail out any football club and this remains the case with Rangers.

Finally, the potential impact on Scottish football of losing Rangers was captured very well in the comments earlier this week of Inverness Manager Terry Butcher, when he expressed concern that such a loss would have a very negative impact on already difficult broadcasting and sponsorship deals. I hope you will agree that this is something we would wish, if at all possible, to avoid.

Yours sincerely

SHONA ROBISON

MINISTER FOR COMMONWEALTH GAMES AND SPORT

In response to:

Dear Ms Robison

I would be grateful if you might be in a position to qualify your recent comments as to why Rangers are “crucial to the Scottish game� (reported on the BBC website on 13th February 2012).

Are Rangers any more crucial than St Johnstone (my local team), Heart of Midlothian FC (the team I have supported since childhood), or any other Scottish club I might care to mention? Would you have commented to this effect had one of these clubs been faced with, what is, after all, a self-inflicted scenario brought about by gross financial imprudence? Why should HMRC reach an ‘agreement’ with Rangers FC, and what form might this take? If Rangers FC are liable for a tax bill in excess of £50M with penalties that could add a further £20M+, shouldn’t they be liable to pay the full amount or suffer the consequences that any other business in similar circumstances would? This is public money after all. I sincerely hope you are not advocating or supporting any arrangement whereby the tax payers of this country are likely to be short-changed due to the financial impropriety of a football club. If you consider Rangers to be a special or exceptional case, I would appreciate an explanation as to why this might be a reasonable position.

Those responsible for bringing this situation into being should be held to account. Other football clubs have the integrity and presence of mind to live within their means, or, at the very least, seek to address their financial predicaments by altering the way in which they operate. I have absolutely no confidence that those within Rangers football club and the equally culpable others that went will before them will answer for their failure to operate on a viable basis. Should members of the Scottish government collude with a scenario whereby Rangers are not duly held to account, then I will have no confidence in this administration, nor will I gift my vote to your party in the future.

Kind regards SJC

Received this reply from the Sports Minister regarding Rnagers being "crucial to the game" (See my email below)

Still begs the question: are Celtic &/or Rangers immune from relegation or failing to make the top 6 ?

To me it makes our league somewhat gerry mandered and a bit of a laughing stock !

mad.gif

Dear Mr SJC

Thank you for your email.

Football is our national game and the Scottish Government is a committed supporter of Scottish football and all of our football clubs in recognition of the important positive role they play in communities throughout Scotland.

I fully recognise that it is vital that both individuals and organisations pay their taxes in a timely manner as taxation is essential to the economic and social development ofScotland. In any statements made on Rangers, the Scottish Government has reiterated the importance of an agreement between the club and HMRC being reached which ensures that Rangers meet their obligations, including their tax liabilities and debts as well as securing as many of the jobs as possible.

As you will know, the club have now entered administration and it is far too early to predict the possible outcome of this but it is less likely that if the club is wound up that tax liabilities will be met. The task for the administrators now is to take forward the process of assessing the business and securing an outcome in the best interests of all of the creditors.

In a telephone conversation yesterday with the administrator, I reiterated our priorities as stated above. A key concern for us is the future of the over 250 people employed by the club and the potential economic impact of administration. The Government stands ready to offer assistance to anyone affected by job losses at the company and we will stay in contact with the administrator throughout the process to ensure we are informed of any developments. The Scottish Government has offered this type of assistance to a number of companies in the past, including other Scottish football clubs which had gone into administration, and will continue to do so with any company with employees facing redundancy.

While we are able to offer support as laid out above, I want to be clear that no public money would be offered to bail out any football club and this remains the case with Rangers.

Finally, the potential impact on Scottish football of losing Rangers was captured very well in the comments earlier this week of Inverness Manager Terry Butcher, when he expressed concern that such a loss would have a very negative impact on already difficult broadcasting and sponsorship deals. I hope you will agree that this is something we would wish, if at all possible, to avoid.

Yours sincerely

SHONA ROBISON

MINISTER FOR COMMONWEALTH GAMES AND SPORT

In response to:

Dear Ms Robison

I would be grateful if you might be in a position to qualify your recent comments as to why Rangers are "crucial to the Scottish game� (reported on the BBC website on 13th February 2012).

Are Rangers any more crucial than St Johnstone (my local team), Heart of Midlothian FC (the team I have supported since childhood), or any other Scottish club I might care to mention? Would you have commented to this effect had one of these clubs been faced with, what is, after all, a self-inflicted scenario brought about by gross financial imprudence? Why should HMRC reach an 'agreement' with Rangers FC, and what form might this take? If Rangers FC are liable for a tax bill in excess of £50M with penalties that could add a further £20M+, shouldn't they be liable to pay the full amount or suffer the consequences that any other business in similar circumstances would? This is public money after all. I sincerely hope you are not advocating or supporting any arrangement whereby the tax payers of this country are likely to be short-changed due to the financial impropriety of a football club. If you consider Rangers to be a special or exceptional case, I would appreciate an explanation as to why this might be a reasonable position.

Those responsible for bringing this situation into being should be held to account. Other football clubs have the integrity and presence of mind to live within their means, or, at the very least, seek to address their financial predicaments by altering the way in which they operate. I have absolutely no confidence that those within Rangers football club and the equally culpable others that went will before them will answer for their failure to operate on a viable basis. Should members of the Scottish government collude with a scenario whereby Rangers are not duly held to account, then I will have no confidence in this administration, nor will I gift my vote to your party in the future.

Kind regards SJC

No offence mate, but that's pretty sad you went to that trouble.

D&P can't yet divulge on financial affairs. although full finances WILL be revealed in a public document...

D&P spoke to McCoist and Players, review of staff has been undertaken. Next week at least before decisions are made.

All February wages will be paid on time and in full.

D&P: Liquidation or closure is not a likely outcome D&P will continue to work with creditors and HMRC

PAYE of 9M hasn't been paid. Can't comment why money wasn't paid. Effectively used as funding tool for the club.

Evidence gathered is the business has been loss-making. A full investigation will be carried out.

On registered docs, Whyte company is secured creditor. Remains to be seen whether valid

Funds from Ticketus didn't come through companys accounts. Came through parent company. Ticketus do not have a security on Rangers.

Ibrox and Murry Park are owned by Rangers. They are subject to a security which is being scrutinised

Edited by Mik

So she's taking the word of a former Rangers player on the matter. Super.

No offence mate, but that's pretty sad you went to that trouble.

He didn't....I did.

Edit: thanks for your input, though.

It's possibly worth mentioning that it was no doubt significantly less 'trouble' than posting numerous times on here on the subject, or creating amusing gifs etc. :rolleyes:

Edited by Drooper

These administrators seem like Craig Whyte's puppets, they're dodging the questions.

Next week will be interesting in regards to the players/staff cuts, wonder if they'll release the highest earners such as McGregor, Davis and Whittaker.

Edited by Parscelona

ffs tel, get over it. mccoist got the job. dinny keep buttering up to them. they cant afford you.

These adminstrators seem like Craig Whyte's puppets, they're dodging the questions.

Next week will be interesting in regards to the players/staff cuts, wonder if they'll release the highest earners such as McGregor, Davis and Whittaker.

na, kerkar and healy

would feel so bad for aluko if he is let go.,

Multiple accounts, holding companies. Money not going through the books. This is fraud- no more. no less.

Got to agree - it all sounded grim, even though most of their answers were 'we cannot comment on that yet', 'we don't know where the money went', 'we don't know Jack Shit'...

More questions raised than answers given!