Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Remember they only sold a portion of ST sales. Going by the figures in the press it currently stands at about £6M per season. They generate perhaps £20M per season in total (say 35,000+ at £500+).

But was it 'a portion' or £6 mil ? £6 mil might be more than what they take in when they .............. :D downsize.

Remember they only sold a portion of ST sales. Going by the figures in the press it currently stands at about £6M per season. They generate perhaps £20M per season in total (say 35,000+ at £500+).

I doubt whether Ticketus would have paid face value for the tickets, they may have handed £24m in cash to Craig Whyte, it depends on what kind of deal was reached. Most of these type of deals are loaded with all sorts of penalty clauses. It'll be very difficult to calculate exactly how much Rangers will pay back over a certain period of time. If the first payment is due at the start of next season, who is to say whether Rangers will be in a position to pay it back? Whatever happens I think it's safe to say that Ticketus will be looking to collect a whole lot more than the £24m they paid out.

Even If Rangers survive in the some form in the SPL, I can see crowds returning to 1986 levels. Maybe there might be a "No surrender" bit of resilience for next season, but with no chance of winning the league, and getting regular humpings from the likes of Ross County, etc, they will dwindle to previous levels. Getting even a squad of the quality of the pre-Souness era see the link provided, where they had some decent players like Cooper, Durrant, and McCoist will not be possible. Next year, their budget might not even stretch to a Kirk Broadfoot. Selling 35000 season tickets at £500 a pop will not happen.

They'll get the season tickets sales before the shite season kicks off, although normal ticket sales will dwindle as they start to see their contributions aren't actually helping. It'll only be the season afterwards where you'll see a significant difference in season ticket numbers.

Even If Rangers survive in the some form in the SPL, I can see crowds returning to 1986 levels. Maybe there might be a "No surrender" bit of resilience for next season, but with no chance of winning the league, and getting regular humpings from the likes of Ross County, etc, they will dwindle to previous levels. Getting even a squad of the quality of the pre-Souness era see the link provided, where they had some decent players like Cooper, Durrant, and McCoist will not be possible. Next year, their budget might not even stretch to a Kirk Broadfoot. Selling 35000 season tickets at £500 a pop will not happen.

As it happens we almost had the highest average attendances in the league that season (just a shade less than Celtic's, who won the league while we were fifth) and in the previous two seasons we did have the highest average attendances (when we finished fourth and fifth).

Getting a squad like the pre-Souness one would probably please a large section of their support, and generate healthy season ticket sales as once more, 11 Scottish Protestants wear light blue jerseys.

Edited by pozbaird

As it happens we almost had the highest average attendances in the league that season (just a shade less than Celtic's, who won the league while we were fifth) and in the previous two seasons we did have the highest average attendances (when we finished fourth and fifth).

Quite so, with average attendances of under 22,000 and under 21,000 (the two seasons before that were under 18,000 and under 17,000)

Those kinds of numbers could once again be coming to a stadium near you :P

Quite so, with average attendances of under 22,000 and under 21,000 (the two seasons before that were under 18,000 and under 17,000)

They already did a few weeks back.

Could be. Or maybe we'll be the best-supported team as we were over the three seasons right before Souness arrived. :P

This is something mentioned earlier in the day that perhaps needs a wee bump.

Rules would have to be bent to allow it anyway. To join SFL you require SFA membership, the obtaining of which is supposed to be a fairly long process (e.g. it took Formartine and Turriff 3 years, from joining HFL in 2009 to finally getting approval last month), and for which you're supposed to have 3 years existence in audited accounts, a functioning youth team, your own ground etc.

If we are saying "Rangers shouldn't be allowed to stay or reform in SPL... it is wrong" then the exact same applies to SFL, IMO.

I appreciate the likely reality that £ signs and media pressure would likely sway SFL clubs.

Bearing this in mind, If the SPL or SFL do bend the rules, and the SFA in turn allows it to happen after all their stuff about club licensing requirements to remain a Senior, there could be an almighty uproar from clubs (one of them being Civil Service Strollers, who enjoy of course friends in very high places) and perhaps from UEFA about the Scottish set up yet again bending its own rules to suit themselves, or rather to suit those with a suspiciously large number of "connected" individuals at Hampden (what's the betting a job isn't "found" for Gordon Smith, btw)?

I've a feeling before all this is over, the SFA blazers are going to get their collars felt as much as the Ibrox rolled up trouser legs blazers are.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Just watched Jim White on SSN have to link straight from the latest Rangers crisis story to Arsenal's profits nudging 50 million squid... I genuinely think Jim White is in danger of spontaneously combusting.

Pleasing.

Just a shame they sold those Arsenal shares last week before the Gunners announced the profits. :lol::lol::lol:

I've heard from a good source(make that a great source) the SPL are going to pay out to rangers,to keep them going to the end of the season..which means hearts,united and the pars will probably never see their money

How can the SPL pay out prize money if they don't know what league position they are going to finish in?

Rangers wont finish lower than 3rd..so i guess they could pay out the £1.6m that third gets?? Then give them the rest later on if they finish 2nd?? Not sure how it works

So the SPL love tax dodging, financial doping and member clubs with dodgy directors?

If a payment is made Doncaster must go!

Rangers wont finish lower than 3rd..so i guess they could pay out the £1.6m that third gets?? Then give them the rest later on if they finish 2nd?? Not sure how it works

I'm fairly sure they'll only pay out on the lowest possible place they can mathematically finish.

Edit: without having to look at anything above 11th on the league table for a while I'm not sure how low they could mathematically still finish. Could be as low as 5th or 6th I suppose.

Edited by Jimmy85