Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What recompense would season ticket holders be due? In a liquidated company they are at best creditors. In going concerns they have entitlement to enter, for example, all home league games. That entitlement won't change if one team fails to fulfill their fixtures.

I really wish people would stop looking for excuses to help the blue bigots.

I'm not doing that at all. I'm certainly not particularly concerned with Rangers fans season ticket money. It's the rest of the division I'm talking about. But if I'm a season ticket holder, I'm buying a ticket to go to 18 home games (or however many it is). I'd far rather see my team hump Rangers reserves than be short changed by two games. Believe me, I want anything rather than to help Rangers. Of course, if clubs are making a loss every home game, then they might well prefer the added hassle of cancelling a game or two.

Because the SPL were mad.

The fact that they had to join the list of creditors of a busted flush shows the consequences of that madness.

I don't see the mass disruption. The liquidated team's games to date become null and void, the league table is reset and onward everyone else goes.

I think the rules are that each game previously played is considered a 3-0 loss to Rangers, which benefits sides who were unsuccessful against them.

Correct.

What was the name of that Christmas hamper mob (Fairpak?) that went to the wall leaving all those who had invested chasing sweeties. I don't see a huge difference between them and the Rangers ST holders to be perfectly honest.

Neither do I.

... because of the impact on other clubs and the league of them going bust right away - and because such assistance was given to Gretna previously. I'm advocating nothing more than giving them the minimum payment they're due to receive anyway, less any money due to other clubs which those clubs want to bring to SPL's attention, if it would help avoid chaos.

I wouldnt necessarily disagree, although Im still not convinced that sharing their prize money amongst the other clubs wouldnt actually be financially beneficial to those clubs.

The point, though, is that advancing the prize money isnt 'entirely uncontroversial'

I suppose Killie and St Mirren would be the big losers (6 and 4 points respectively). Would kill off their top 6 chances IMO

... and it would be a scunner, of course it would. Having said that, the last thing I'm advocating is special help to Rangers, simply to protect our four points. If we lose them, we lose them. As a supporter of a diddy club, all along I've advocated simple fair play. If Rangers fall, they fall on their own sword. They caused the problem, nothing should be done for them that wouldn't be done for others. If I suddenly wanted to see Rangers propped up by means over and above the Gretna precedent, simply because of St Mirren's four points possibly going up the swannee, the hypocrisy of that would be unbelievable. So, if we lose four points, so be it.

Rangers are simply not a special case. They're a Scottish SPL club. Bigger than most, but not better. Far from it, given the root cause of the predicament they find themselves in. They deserve hee-haw sympathy, and absolutely no extra help simply for being Rangers, the institution.

Edited by pozbaird

Season tickets for any grounds Rangers still have to visit could be made valid for the "charity" match against AC Milan as compensation.

The question is - is one season ticket game too much to give up to point and laugh at Rangers?

What amounts to an extra £1 a game over the season.....wouldn't bother me..... I'd pay an extra fiver if they could lose the other lot too.

... and it would be a scunner, of course it would. Having said that, the last thing I'm advocating is special help to Rangers, simply to protect our four points. If we lose them, we lose them. As a supporter of a diddy club, all along I've advocated simple fair play. If Rangers fall, they fall on their own sword. They caused the problem, nothing should be done for them that wouldn't be done for others. If I suddenly wanted to see Rangers propped up by means over and above the Gretna precedent, simply because of St Mirren's four points possibly going up the swannee, the hypocrisy of that would be unbelievable. So, if we lose four points, so be it.

Rangers are simply not a special case. They're a Scottish SPL club. Bigger than most, but not better. Far from it, given the root cause of the predicament they find themselves in. They deserve hee-haw sympathy, and absolutely no extra help simply for being Rangers, the institution.

Absolutely, I'm not advocating saving them, just quoting the facts. And as someone else pointed out there would be another place in the top 6 up for grabs which Rangers had vacated so swings and roundabouts.

It would probably be wrong to use the 6th place pay-out as the benchmark for paying clubs Rangers debts as if they get liquidated everyone will move up a spot and the SPL will essentially be left with the 12th teams prize money.

You really couldn't make any of this up.

It seems to me that Ticketus either made a truly insane decision in giving Whyte this money even prior to his purchase of the club, or that, as I've previously suspected, there was a lot more to this deal with Whyte being a patsy.

Based on this story, assuming the adminstrators aren't simply making a desperate and probably futile throw of the dice attempt to claw back some funds, then the former scenario applies. This is very difficult to get your head round, and actually now looks as though it is Ticketus that was the patsy, and either Whyte or the puppet-master had this outcome in mind all along.

FFS, talk about murky....

Edited by Drooper

... because of the impact on other clubs and the league of them going bust right away - and because such assistance was given to Gretna previously. I'm advocating nothing more than giving them the minimum payment they're due to receive anyway, less any money due to other clubs which those clubs want to bring to SPL's attention, if it would help avoid chaos.

Because the difference between the Gretna situation and Rangers situation in reality don't even begin to compare.

1. When Gretna went into administration, they owed £4 million. Rangers outstanding tax bill along is ten times that before penalties for non-payment, never mind the debts owed elsewhere all over the shop, including the £9 million tax bill just for the last year in unpaid PAYE.

There was always a chance that Gretna would be in a position via a new owner to pay whatever money was advanced back - whereas even the most wildly optimistic/tunnel visioned knows Rangers will not be repaying any money forwarded back. In debt to at least £100 million, with no European football next season, and with the stock exchange now a creditor too, they've had it. Why throw good money after bad.

2. The Gretna debacle was a big enough "ouch!" for the SPL to pay out, so they said. Trying to bankroll Rangers to the end of the season may in truth be beyond them.

3. You could have bought Gretna FC for the cost it would take to keep Rangers alive for just two months at the most optimistic, and that's with their money generating streams going to crash now that they've no chance of winning anything or even getting into Europe, as their fans "loyalty" in times of crisis tends to be that of Italian soldiers in world wars. Just watch as they thin out week by week.

Due to the split, if the club can be kept going until mid-April (and I have my doubts), there is an opportunity to allow the plug to be pulled on them without it unduly affecting either the relegation battle or the chase for European Cup/UEFA Cup places. Perhaps that's the plan, but having the SPL trying to keep Rangers going until the end of the season when not even someone as dopey with money as Richard Branson would touch them seems unrealistic.