Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm glad my family have a ridiculous notion of tradition in choosing your team. My Papa played for and supports Dumbarton and decided it would just be too dull for all four of his boys to support the Sons so they were ordered to each pick a different team out of anyone except the OF and Dumbarton, sage advice. Maybe when Dumbarton rise up and become a massive force in Scottish football I should just start supporting them anyway, 'cause Papa does and I can't think for myself, despite his best efforts to force the family to do so.

From the BBC's Matt Slater on Twitter:

" #RFC administrators get court order to seize £3.6m currently in bank account of Craig Whyte's lawyers, chasing another £5m too".

@mattslaterbbc

£5m will be his management fee's i reckon which they will try and get back.

Murray was so desperate to sell Rangers due to tax case that he known that he was selling to this dodgy person with a history.

Of course they are, I'm not trying to undermine your reasons for supporting your club at all, whatever those reasons may be. But you're wrong to say that there's no difference between supporting an Old Firm side and supporting a non-Old Firm side.

You'll never know what it feels like to watch your team get scudded 4/5/6/ nil, and then the following week be faced with a 3 hour drive to Aberdeen, knowing that there's a fair chance your going to get humped again (not recently mind you ;)) and have to drive those 3 hours back knowing that even if you had won, it wouldn't matter because you're never going to win the league anyway. You may wonder why anyone would do that, you may think you'd have to be wrong in the head to get any kind of enjoyment from it. But the fact of the matter is that the feeling you have when you get to Hampden, or get any bit of relative success doesn't come from the thought of winning...it comes from the emotional journey you've had to go through over the years to get there. If you haven't made that journey...and as an Old Firm fan you won't...you'll never get to the level of sheer joy and excitement of those of us who have. And that's the bond that exists between fans of all other clubs...that's why we stick together when it comes to things like this, because we've all travelled that journey in one way or another.

We might get into the Champions League next year. In fact it's looking increasingly likely with each passing day. And if we do, the feelings and emotions won't come from hoping to do well in it, or even being in it. They will come from sitting in my seat, watching the teams come out and remembering standing on the away terracing an Boghead as we scrape a draw against a team at the bottom of the 3rd, and not being surprised by it. Remembering what seemed like our annual pumping out the cup by Ayr United. Thinking of watching guys play for us who you were sure should be behind your mum in the pecking order for getting a game. All the while....the Champions League music plays over the tannoy. The feelings don't come from being in the champions league, they come from the journey you've travelled on the way there, and the acknowledgement and acceptance that you'll be travelling back along the same road in the other direction before you know it.

It doesn't matter whether you're Rangers, or Celtic. Current club, or new incarnation. You'll never know what things like that feel like, and that's the difference. That's why we all band together, and why we will always see you both as one. Because you're the only ones that just don't get it.

I can remember waiting to get away from Hampden Park after the League Cup Final defeat to 9 man Rangers watching the Rangers fans leaving the stadium.

Had St. Mirren won it would have been the greatest day ever - what could ever, realistically, top beating Rangers at Hampden in a Cup Final? We know we will never win the league - so beating Rangers in a final was basically a lifetime event. Beating Dundee United in 1987 was good enough.... but beating one of the Old Firm - and in particular, Rangers - at Hampden in a cup final would be something that would last for ever - greatest ever day in the club's history.

If St. Mirren had won, the celebrations would have been uncontrollable. It would have been actual heaven. Greatest day ever. I would have been in floods of tears.

As I sat and watched the Rangers fans leaving, there weren't any celebrations. There was barely a smile on any of their faces. I met Rangers fan I knew leaving the ground and he was basically disinterested. Said he thought Rangers were lucky and that was it.

That win meant absolutely nothing to the Rangers support.

It would have meant absolutely everything to the St. Mirren support.

Old Firm fans will never understand what its like to support a diddy club.

£5m will be his management fee's i reckon which they will try and get back.

Murray was so desperate to sell Rangers due to tax case that he known that he was selling to this dodgy person with a history.

Really? Or the bank pressured Murray into selling?

I'm glad my family have a ridiculous notion of tradition in choosing your team. My Papa played for and supports Dumbarton and decided it would just be too dull for all four of his boys to support the Sons so they were ordered to each pick a different team out of anyone except the OF and Dumbarton, sage advice. Maybe when Dumbarton rise up and become a massive force in Scottish football I should just start supporting them anyway, 'cause Papa does and I can't think for myself, despite his best efforts to force the family to do so.

:lol: what a sensible man

my mum refused me to be allowed a rangers top like all my friends when I was a wee boy, instead I was allowed Dumbarton tops, Scotland tops & finally they gave in & got me the Arsenal bruised banana top cause I thought it was amazing :D top work mum

Going to Thistle games with my brother, dad, uncles, granddad as a kid are some of my best memories of growing up. Wouldn't be the same talking about football if one of us supported Ayr United, one St. Mirren, one Stranraer, one Motherwell etc. so in that sense I have no qualms about saying I started supporting Partick Thistle because it's a family thing.

But that's going off on a tangent. Hurry up and announce the redundancies!

:lol: what a sensible man

my mum refused me to be allowed a rangers top like all my friends when I was a wee boy, instead I was allowed Dumbarton tops, Scotland tops & finally they gave in & got me the Arsenal bruised banana top cause I thought it was amazing :D top work mum

I'd rather wear a top made from phosphorus than an OF top. tongue.gif

This latest claim from the former rangers director Hugh Adam about non contract payments opens a whole new can of worms which may not stop at Rangers, im guessing many other clubs have used a similar process in the past albeit on a smaller scale. :ph34r:

This latest claim from the former rangers director Hugh Adam about non contract payments opens a whole new can of worms which may not stop at Rangers, im guessing many other clubs have used a similar process in the past albeit on a smaller scale. :ph34r:

Pretty well documented that Celtic used EBT during the 2003-2004 season.

Utter pish. Not only that but utter hypocritical pish.

I watched Motherwell beat Spurs in the Texaco Cup at Fir Park in 1970. Well fans chanted, "When The Well go up to lift The British Cup we'll be there"

Your support is as keen as ours to succeed. There is no difference. We all want a sniff of glory.

Another example of the way Rangers behave was demonstrated that night.

Rangers were due to play Morton at Cappielow but the game was called off at the last minute due to a waterlogged park. A number of Ranger's buses headed to Fir Park where they entered the ground with their Union Flags to support Spurs against a "fellow" Scottish Club.

It's not only in recent years that fans of the "smaller" clubs have had a deep rooted hatred of the Old Firm.

1330693759[/url]' post='6018441']

So the administrators are after Whyte's lawyers for £3M, maybe a further £5M?

Sheesh.

Thought the redundancy announcements would be bad enough today.

Would this impact any potential redundancies? Surely £3m in the bank would save some jobs? Cannot see any redundancies today, surely they'll be trying to wait till Monday...after the game?

I fear that there will be no cull today as the news of the lawyers siezing this £3m will allow haudit and daudit to avoid doing their job. But I'm still hopeful of mass redundancies, lots of pain and gnashing of teeth from our knuckle dragging govanites.

Pretty well documented that Celtic used EBT during the 2003-2004 season.

Pretty well documented, as Celtic pretty much owned up to HRMC and paid the relevant taxes before closing it down. They should still have all results involving the player(s) involved nullified though, which would mean they still won nothing that year. Well, unless they supplied the additional EBT contract to the SFA/SPL....