Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Surely this is all academic, what happened to the pre-pack CVA deal that was going to save them?

:lol:

Surely everyone can see that we're going through descending circles of conspiracies in order to be sceptical of the end result: they are almost certainly going to go bust, they will have to form a phoenix club.

The rules were changed afterwards to stop that happening again though.

Im almost certain of this.

Stop what happening again?

The rules were changed to make it much much harder (but not impossible) for someone to: buy Club A (by buying Company X) and turn them into Club B (by transferring their SFL membership over to Company Y), which is basically what Airdrie did. It's early in the SFL rulebook.

That wouldn't be necessary, however.

They cannot realistically stop someone buying a club.

They cannot realistically stop Club A changing its registered venue, its name and badge...

As I noted - plenty existing clubs have done that. Clyde intend moving grounds soon, ICT changed their name (and Stirling tried but were stopped as it included an advertiser's branding), Alloa changed their badge. If Clyde want to move to the Showpark, change their name to EK Clyde and amend the badge to show that, they can.

Perhaps we could draw-up a list of SFL clubs and who owns them? That way we can get an idea of which clubs might be in danger or not. I have to say I find it unlikely a bigger SFL club would be in the sights of any revivalist movement but lets include everyone.

What we're interested in is - can the club be bought? if so, who owns it? are they fans of the club? (i.e. wouldn't want to see it die)

Arbroath, Brechin, Queen's Park, Stranraer, Annan... not sure if they're even limited companies with purchaseable shares

Stirling, Clyde, Dundee, Stenhousemuir... supporter majority-owned or CICs

Berwick... majority-owned by triangular consortium of supporter-businessmen, Supporters Club and Supporters Trust

Ross County, Queen of the South, Alloa, Morton... majority-owned by wealthy supporter-businessmen

Cowdenbeath... owned by property developers (the Brewster brothers IIRC?), not supporters

East Stirlingshire... complex situation but did have an evil-shareholder

Livingston... majority owned by McDougall and Rankine?

Please correct me if I've made mistakes, and please add other clubs.

They don't have to be a limited company for anyone to buy them. If a membership club, then the purchase price would be divided equally amongst members. Tempting if all members were offered say £20K each. Clyde is a CIC which would make it a bit difficult to buy to reinvent as Rangers. I know Cowdenbeath is going down community ownership route. However from the list you have here when you say 'owned by wealthy supporter', add the Brewster Brothers or McDougall at Livi and theses are people who will have a price.

Bet Johnston at Kilmarnock would have no problem striking a deal at the right price for him. Any chance Falkirk?

Edited by thelegendthatis

They don't have to be a limited company for anyone to buy them. If a membership club, then the purchase price would be divided equally amongst members. Tempting if all members were offered say £20K each. Clyde is a CIC which would make it a bit difficult to buy to reinvent as Rangers. I know Cowdenbeath is going down community ownership route. However from the list you have here when you say 'owned by wealthy supporter', add the Brewster Brothers or McDougall at Livi and theses are people who will have a price.

Bet Johnston at Kilmarnock would have no problem striking a deal at the right price for him. Any chance Falkirk?

f**k off.

It'll be the Shire. They were originally Bainsford Britannia, so it would seem appropriate.

They don't have to be a limited company for anyone to buy them. If a membership club, then the purchase price would be divided equally amongst members. Tempting if all members were offered say £20K each. Clyde is a CIC which would make it a bit difficult to buy to reinvent as Rangers.

I don't think there's any liklihood whatsoever that a Community Interest Company or the clubs who remaining unincorporated associations or members clubs would be viable options for any 'Rangers' takeover. Technically-speaking, perhaps, but it'd be too fraught, lengthy and complex a process.

I know Cowdenbeath is going down community ownership route. However from the list you have here when you say 'owned by wealthy supporter', add the Brewster Brothers or McDougall at Livi and theses are people who will have a price.

The men who own Ross County, Alloa, Morton etc. are highly unlikely to kill the clubs they love (and in some cases have built-up), whereas yes, those who own Cowden and Livi aren't fans.

That's not to say even they would want to be "the men that killed XYZ to save Rangers for filthy lucre", of course, but it's more conceivable.

Bet Johnston at Kilmarnock would have no problem striking a deal at the right price for him.

I'd be amazed if he killed Kilmarnock for personal gain to help Rangers survive, tbh.

f**k off.

It'll be the Shire. They were originally Bainsford Britannia, so it would seem appropriate.

East Stirlingshire look an obvious target at first... homeless, bottom of the league, poor support, Mackin the evil shareholder... but hasn't their Supporters Trust now a majority shareholding in the club?

OK don't shoot the messenger if this is wrong, but apparently a letter has been leaked with the names of the axed tomorrow on "Shoe Shine Monday". They are:

papac

mculloch

bocanegro

alexander

healy

wylde

wallace

alluko

kerkar

perry

little

hemming

mccabe

mitchell

gallagher

we'll see.

OK don't shoot the messenger if this is wrong, but apparently a letter has been leaked with the names of the axed tomorrow on "Shoe Shine Monday". They are:

papac

mculloch

bocanegro

alexander

healy

wylde

wallace

alluko

kerkar

perry

little

hemming

mccabe

mitchell

gallagher

we'll see.

Thats the "leaked" email thats doing the rounds on twitter.

Nothing to say its true.

papac

mculloch

bocanegro

alexander

healy

wylde

wallace

alluko

kerkar

perry

little

hemming

mccabe

mitchell

gallagher

we'll see.

Source??

Thats the "leaked" email thats doing the rounds on twitter.

Nothing to say its true.

not on twitter. was an email from someone with connections to all that, though they are involved in as much inaccurate gossip as normal punters, so it may well be rubbish.

papac

mculloch

bocanegro

alexander

healy

wylde

wallace

alluko

kerkar

perry

little

hemming

mccabe

mitchell

gallagher

we'll see.

Good, we'll take...ermmmm...jesus, Rangers squad us shit these days.

papac

mculloch

bocanegro

alexander

healy

wylde

wallace

alluko

kerkar

perry

little

hemming

mccabe

mitchell

gallagher

we'll see.

Shame he spent a lot of his cash squirrelled away to go to the Rangers!

:lol: