Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Is it just me, but is anyone else thinking with all this talk about random St Mirren statement, Airdrie taking over Clydebank and Ranger going into liquidation, about the possibility, if Rangers do go into liquidation, of someone buying a nearby SPL club, arranging a deal to stay at Ibrox, and then moving said nearby SPL club to play its fixtures at Ibrox....... After all if Airdrie can do it......

What you said about people wanting to attach themselves to success is true but there's no way Celtic won't lose fans in coasting to a non-Rangers SPL ten in a row. With money the way it is for most these days, significantly less people will buy season tickets for 19 games knowing the league is already won. there's no tension in these games - slip up? bothered, we're 20 points clear - and half of them will barely be competitive over 90 minutes. Instead they'll pick and choose their games on a walk up basis - no mid-weeks, rarely Sunday after Euro games and a lot less in the wind and rain. Yes, folk turned up at Rangers when they were dominant but they still had a rival to kick when they were down and a half the time were still challenged(ish) by Aberdeen, Hearts and even Motherwell for a couple of years. Coasting to a non-challenged title with no rivals at all is completely different imho.

As if you and I will ever know. smile.gif

ETA: I'm still on page 235

Edited by Jacksgranda

Is it just me, but is anyone else thinking with all this talk about random St Mirren statement, Airdrie taking over Clydebank and Ranger going into liquidation, about the possibility, if Rangers do go into liquidation, of someone buying a nearby SPL club, arranging a deal to stay at Ibrox, and then moving said nearby SPL club to play its fixtures at Ibrox....... After all if Airdrie can do it......

No-one would sell an SPL club to become Rangers, there's no candidate.

An SFL club, perhaps.

Sadly I think that is the most likely end game in the Rangers saga.

East Stirling and Clyde seem like the prime candidates.

Clyde not got plans on moving to EK soonish to ground share?

I think it would be more likely East Stirlingshire, right now they are pennyless and homesless. kinda reminds me Clydebank before they because Airdrie United

The bloke on Clyde has just suggested that Craig Whyte is the saviour of Rangers and has saved them for future generations by hiding the assets from the taxman and that the John Greig statue should be replaced by one of Whyte - Keevins is spitting feathers at him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top trolling whoever you are.

Sadly I think that is the most likely end game in the Rangers saga.

East Stirling and Clyde seem like the prime candidates.

Clyde are a CIC, be amazed if fans voted to exterminate themselves. East Stirling have barely any fans on here, but they were in the process of buying Fearn's shareholding with their Supporters Trust.

I just cant help but think that this is nothing more than another smokescreen from the Duffers. Surely it would be a more attractive proposition if the wage bill was lower if there were HMRC bills? I'm still convinced they'll come out of this smelling of roses.

John McMillian for the Rangers Supporters Trust, "Dont see Rangers going down, but if the worse happens it is bad news for the rest of scottish football"

Go f**k yourself, the rest of scottish football will do fine without Rangers

The bloke on Clyde has just suggested that Craig Whyte is the saviour of Rangers and has saved them for future generations by hiding the assets from the taxman and that the John Greig statue should be replaced by one of Whyte - Keevins is spitting feathers at him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Top trolling whoever you are.

Brilliant stuff. Who needs hospitals?

John McMillian for the Rangers Supporters Trust, "Dont see Rangers going down, but if the worse happens it is bad news for the rest of scottish football"

Go f**k yourself, the rest of scottish football will do fine without Rangers

It's bad news because we will have to talk about actual football rather than pointing and laughing!

Sally statement imminent :D

ALLY McCOIST says that his squad remains united as they seek an agreement to help the club move forward.

The Rangers boss admits he has been angered by suggestions that there is a split in the Murray Park squad, and insists each member of his squad is fighting for the club.

He said: "Everybody has the club's best interests at heart and there are absolutely no personal agendas within the playing staff or any other staff.

"We all want what is best for the football club and that is what we are all still attempting to achieve.

"There has been a lot of hard work already, nobody should underestimate the amount that has gone in in the last few days, and that will absolutely continue in the search for the positive result we all hope we can get.

"Nobody should underestimate the sacrifice that the players have been asked to make.

"It is to their eternal credit that they have discussed it and gone through it and in a lot of the cases there have been agreements.

"It's still not dead and buried and to a man everybody is behind us and wants to take this club forward.

"All the players, and I mean all the players, and indeed all the staff can reassure everybody and every Rangers fan that they are singing from the same hymn sheet.

"I've got to tell you there is no split camp at all. It would annoy me, or in fact anger me for anybody to suggest that is the case.

"I can promise you that it is not the case, it is far from it. Everybody to a man is together in this and we will get through this."

McCoist admits that if an agreement isn't reached action will have to be taken to reduce the wage bill at Murray Park.

A new buyer would be a preferred option and while McCoist remains optimistic on that front he admits that if no buyer is found measures will be taken to reduce costs.

He added: "That will be the case, make no doubt about it. There are maybe one or two people out there who are underestimating the situation, but it should not be underestimated.

"We are in a very serious predicament but we are still fighting for our lives and we'll continue to do that.

"Make no mistake, though, action will have to take place if we cannot come to some arrangement that suits all parties."

McCoist is however encouraged that there are potential buyers interested in taking the club on and he was delighted to be asked by administrators Duff and Phelps to be part of discussions with prospective owners.

He said: "I think the sale of the club has always a measure that everybody knew would become inevitable, but what maybe wasn't inevitable has been the speed of it.

"I am of the opinion that if and when it happens, the administrators will see to it that it is in the best interests of everybody involved at the club.

"It's an opportunity for me to meet one or two possible investors and we'll do everything we can to send out the right message to the investors and hopefully hear the right message back.

"I'm delighted to be asked to be involved. It's a big thing for Duff and Phelps to ask me to be part of that and there was no obligation for them to do that."

"All the players, and I mean all the players, and indeed all the staff can reassure everybody and every Rangers fan that they are singing from the same hymn sheet."

Ill-advised, further UEFA sanctions are the last thing Rangers need right now.

Hmmmm, I might be mistaken, but if the players were really trying to fight for the club and had the club's best interests at heart, they would of taken the proposed pay cuts in order to save the club.