Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Further statements:

That part in bold is interesting.

is that right ? seems a bit too easy to me.

do we know if Ibrox & Murray Park are mortgaged to the hilt or even owned by RFC now ?

Reality is the only person that put money into rangers is going to be incredibly stupid or enough money to piss up against a wall. Theres absolutely no financial gain from playing in this league and for a club the size of rangers its an absolute cash cow. Why pay out money knowing our never going to see it again unless you're getting the properties?

As a hibs fan, Jesus I love the club, but by Christ I'd be loathed to put in about £60m as a starting block!!!!

Duff & Phelps add: "There has, perhaps inevitably, been speculation about Rangers Football Club facing liquidation. As we have stated previously, we remain very confident that Rangers will not cease to exist and the team will continue to play at Ibrox.

"If a Company Voluntary Arrangement is not possible for any particular reason, any buyer of the Club and its assets would complete that purchase through a sale by the Administrators allowing the Football Club to continue to operate with the old company then being placed into liquidation prior to dissolution...

Yes. Very interesting.

Far more important than the CL thing, which confirmed what we all knew anyway.

They should just sack the full first team squad and play with youngsters. Not like its going to affect league position. The first team are murder anyway.

They would save a fortune doing that lol.

Motherwell might beg to differ........unlike Rangers who are just begging ! tongue.gif

Yes. Very interesting.

Far more important than the CL thing, which confirmed what we all knew anyway.

Interesting it might be, but I can scarcely believe that these trumpets are actually being quite so blatant as to broadcast this scenario. It clearly indicates why they've been doing the square root of fuck all since their appointment. Very cynical.

Edited by Drooper

Further statements:

"If a Company Voluntary Arrangement is not possible for any particular reason, any buyer of the Club and its assets would complete that purchase through a sale by the Administrators allowing the Football Club to continue to operate with the old company then being placed into liquidation prior to dissolution...

Anyone know what that means? If somebody bought the club prior to liquidation, could they continue to own the club and assets after? If so what does liquidation actually mean? My mind is boggled..blink.gif

Are the administrators serious when they say they don't want to lose first team players because it will put off potential buyers? :blink: I think the fact that the club are racked with debt and have a potential £50 million tax liability might be slightly more off putting, I doubt losing a few players worth a few hundred thousand pounds is really going to matter. I can just imagine the thought process - 'aye, Rangers were quite an attractive business proposition, but now they've released Steven Davis and Kirk Broadfoot it's just not worth it, I'm out'.

surely they should be worrying about paying back creditors first. Is that not their job?

Do they think they are playing Football Manager 2012? Jokers

why would they be worried ? think there is eight of the administrators working at greyskull and at least ten down south.

whos paying for these folk.thats right rangers.

keep it going i say.

Anyone know what that means? If somebody bought the club prior to liquidation, could they continue to own the club and assets after? If so what does liquidation actually mean? My mind is boggled..blink.gif

Suggestion would appear to be that the administrators sell (or otherwise transfer?) certain assets from the current company, which requires certain permissions as we know. Then at a later date 'The Rangers FC plc' is liquidated.

Like Leeds.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Wee question, that is part joke part genuine...

Anyone buying Rangers right now wanting to save the company from liquidation would pretty much have to be willing to write off the best part of £60m plus, BTC dependent. No businessman in his right mind would be willing to write off an investment of that size given 100% prior knowledge that there would be no return on it, it is completely written off. Given that anyone willing to do this would clearly be off their f**king rocker, would they legally be allowed to invest in the club? From a legal point of view I wouldn't have thought anyone that f**king retarded would be allowed to agree to any kind of contract?

Suggestion would appear to be that the administrators sell (or otherwise transfer?) certain assets from the current company, which requires certain permissions as we know. Then at a later date 'The Rangers FC plc' is liquidated.

If New Rangers are allowed to keep all their previous league titles *and* start next season in the SPL, I may be forced to top myself. So unfair.