Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Neil Alexander £12k a week. Healy & Papac out of contract in the summer anyway. Naismith & Lafferty injured, Durrant & McDowell surplus to immediate requirements, it doesn`t take a genius to figure out who should have been shown the door already! The players may be acting admirably on behalf of non-playing staff, but it really isn`t their descision to make I`d have thought!

You know that. I know that. Most of P&B know that. Maybe tonight the printed media and TV will turn their attention to just what Duff & Phelps are up to.

I have said liquidation all along, even got me banned off follow follow, but I appear to be correct. No-one will buy them with the HMRC big bill hanging over them, let alone getting agreement on the CVA. I am sure that the debts are just piling up at ibrox as they dig deeper.

Just need the SPL/SFA to grow a set and dock the cheating b*****ds, for the tax dodges since 2000 or whenever they started cheating.

Can the administrators be done for trading while insolvent, as that appears to be the case just now?

I've no doubt someone's already knocked this up elsewhere, but the points totals for the SPL if you remove Rangers are as follows:

Celtic 72

Motherwell 51

Dundee Utd 40

St Johnstone 39

Hearts 35

Aberdeen 32

Kilmarnock 27

St Mirren 27

Inverness CT 27

Hibernian 23

Dunfermline 19

No real big changes to the running order. St Mirren and Kilmarnock are the big losers dropping 4 and 6 points respectively, and there might be a shift by a place or two there depending on how the goal difference changes.

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

I've no doubt someone's already knocked this up elsewhere, but the points totals for the SPL if you remove Rangers are as follows:

Celtic 72

Motherwell 51

Dundee Utd 40

St Johnstone 39

Hearts 35

Aberdeen 32

Kilmarnock 27

St Mirren 27

Inverness CT 27

Hibernian 23

Dunfermline 19

No real big changes to the running order. St Mirren and Kilmarnock are the big losers dropping 4 and 6 points respectively, and there might be a shift by a place or two there depending on how the goal difference changes.

But then the prize fund would only be shared with 11 clubs? Surely a win, win situation?

Celtic 72

Motherwell 51

Dundee Utd 40

St Johnstone 39

Hearts 35

Aberdeen 32

Kilmarnock 27

St Mirren 27

Inverness CT 27

Hibernian 23

Dunfermline 19

Hearts would also lose 4 points, but would be worth the short term pain for long term gain (of lol lol lol lol)

Celtic 72

Motherwell 51

Dundee Utd 40

St Johnstone 39

Hearts 35

Aberdeen 32

Kilmarnock 27

St Mirren 27

Inverness CT 27

Hibernian 23

Dunfermline 19

We might lose out on points, but we'd be closer to the top 6 than we are currently.

Celtic 72

Motherwell 51

Dundee Utd 40

St Johnstone 39

Hearts 35

Aberdeen 32

Kilmarnock 27

St Mirren 27

Inverness CT 27

Hibernian 23

Dunfermline 19

Celtic only 21 points ahead having played a game more? The league title is on! biggrin.gif

I'm proud that United generously took no points off Rangers in the League to save the SPL from some tough maths.

And then we pumped them out of the cup to save the world from one last OF game

ETA - anyone been on Rangers media lately?

Edited by Mark Connolly

But then the prize fund would only be shared with 11 clubs? Surely a win, win situation?

Unless Sky/ESPN claw back half the TV money due to their being 2 less OF games. That might cause a few cash flow problems.

Well v Barca at Wembley Champions League Final 2013??? Now theres a thought!!:)

Don't be ridiculous man......there's no guarantees that Barca would make the CL Final with their "hit & miss" record in the competition ! wink.gif

I'm proud that United generously took no points off Rangers in the League to save the SPL from some tough maths.

And then we pumped them out of the cup to save the world from one last OF game

I am still happy, despite looking like losing 6 points, we beat them home and away this year. The joy of beating them at ibrox after admin will live long,long in the memory.

It may only be two teams that can say they beat them at ibrox , while on their death bed, before they died.

administrators just realised another statement, pretty much saying there is no chance Rangers will be able to play in europe next season

EDIT the statement

Administrators' statement continued: "Second, the company accounts cannot realistically be signed off by auditors in a manner that would meet the criteria required by the footballing authorities. Even if the audited financial statements are issued prior to the end of March 2012 we would expect them to be qualified by the auditors such that under UEFA requirements the club will have to satisfy a going concern test confirming how it will continue to be funded until the end of next season. Without knowing who will be the owner of the Club at 31 March, it is impossible to provide suitable comfort in this respect.

"Thirdly under UEFA regulations the club must have paid or come to a satisfactory settlement with all social taxes that were outstanding at 31 December 2011. We estimate those social taxes (being PAYE and NIC) to be at least £5m. We cannot now see a scenario where those taxes will have been paid or compromised to the satisfaction of HMRC by the end of March 2012

Edited by Enrico Annoni