Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm not suggesting that it is his individual decision, but he is the mouthpiece, and, with that, comes a certain level of responsibility and accountability. What he says in any statement will reflect the position of the SFA, have no doubt about that, and he is already making noises about the 'disaster' that awaits us all should Rangers be liquidated. Why even comment on it? That is a rhetorical question, BTW.

Did any of you who are crticising Regan actually read the article?

Not once did he mention it was a disaster for anyone, except Rangers.

He never once mentions the trouble it could cause for anyone else.

I imagine it was the usual Media Lackie posing the 'what do you think about poor Rangers' question and spinning the answer to look as if it affects us all in a 'disaster'ous way.

Why are y'all getting on his back? He may well be an ally to us Diddy Clubs for all we know.

He (if he had any sense) probably reads this thread as a temperature guage on non-OF opinion. Behave yersels.

We do know Rangers won't be in Europe next year.

We are pretty sure they won't be in the SPL next year.

So we can workout:

they do not need a squad capable of competing in Europe

they don't need a squad to compete at the higher levels of the SPL.

I would have thought that would be clear to the administrators, the players, their agents, the fans and everyone else. The administrators also know the current 'burn rate' of cash, driven mainly by the playing squad wages, which they accept verbally they should do something about but so far incapable of doing anything.

ACTION: Dump every player over the age of 23, immediately. They will still have a squad capable of competing wherever they play. Reduce costs immediately. New owner comes in and adds a couple of good experienced pros.

And the management group, referred to as a team, but for me more of a management squad should ALL go. Plenty of good managers available to cover till the end of the season.

Now this would make it all the more attractive to any would be purchaser, if that is what they want. If they don't want to do that, then hold on to everything, talk loads but do nothing.

I've just had a quick look at previous administrations to see how quickly redundancies were made.

Dundee's second administration was lightning quick, sacking 9 players as well as the manager and his assistant on day one.

Motherwell made 19 players redundant in 2002, within a week of going into administration.

Gretna lasted just almost a fortnight, thanks to SPL payments, before they had to make 9 senior players redundant as well as a lot of coaching staff. (They then lasted about another 6 weeks before making the other 40+ staff redundant and shutting the gates)

When Livi went into administration in 2009, non-playing staff were made redundant almost immediately. I'm not sure how soon after that players, if any, were made redundant. They only articles I can track down at the moment say that there was an SFL meeting due and that decisions on playing redundancies would be made after that, but I can't find anything that says one way or another.

I don't know if anyone has any information on the first administrations of Livi and Dundee, or indeed Morton's, and how quickly redundancies were made. I'd also like to see if there's a correlation between the swiftness/severity of redundancies and the success of the club coming out of the process.

This Rangers admin situation is very fishy. It can't be far away from one of their creditors petitioning the court to appoint new administrators.

Did any of you who are crticising Regan actually read the article?

Not once did he mention it was a disaster for anyone, except Rangers.

He never once mentions the trouble it could cause for anyone else.

I imagine it was the usual Media Lackie posing the 'what do you think about poor Rangers' question and spinning the answer to look as if it affects us all in a 'disaster'ous way.

Why are y'all getting on his back? He may well be an ally to us Diddy Clubs for all we know.

He (if he had any sense) probably reads this thread as a temperature guage on non-OF opinion. Behave yersels.

Well, if he's reading this....

Once Rangers fate is known, treat them the same way you'd treat every other club, if they found themselves swimming neck deep in shite because of their own irresponsible actions.

That's surely a Daily Mail spoof site - no mention of it being the fault of illegal immigrants (and single mums).

As a football fan I will feel a bit short changed rangers go down the pan & the SPL allow them back in with a mere slap on the wrist.

Celtic may possibly add a few new faces in the transfer window, yet "debt free FC" fans have a whole new team to support!!!

How's that fair :angry:

Once Rangers fate is known, treat them the same way you'd treat every other club, if they found themselves swimming neck deep in shite because of their own irresponsible actions.

You forget though, they aren't a club like any other, they're a national institution :barf

We do know Rangers won't be in Europe next year.

We are pretty sure they won't be in the SPL next year.

So we can workout:

they do not need a squad capable of competing in Europe

they don't need a squad to compete at the higher levels of the SPL.

I would have thought that would be clear to the administrators, the players, their agents, the fans and everyone else. The administrators also know the current 'burn rate' of cash, driven mainly by the playing squad wages, which they accept verbally they should do something about but so far incapable of doing anything.

ACTION: Dump every player over the age of 23, immediately. They will still have a squad capable of competing wherever they play. Reduce costs immediately. New owner comes in and adds a couple of good experienced pros.

And the management group, referred to as a team, but for me more of a management squad should ALL go. Plenty of good managers available to cover till the end of the season.

Now this would make it all the more attractive to any would be purchaser, if that is what they want. If they don't want to do that, then hold on to everything, talk loads but do nothing.

Yes they will..........as much as we hate to admit it, they'll weasel their way out of this with a little help from their friends in the SPL, SFA & backed up by their cheerleeders in the media (Chick Young et al).

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Treat them in kind, as they would any other.

Airdrie's problems worsened when it was revealed that Rangers had arrested the club's share of the gate receipts for Sunday's Scottish Cup tie at Dundee United.

Airdrie v Rangers Airdrie's finances have been tackled by David Murray

Ibrox chairman David Murray applied for an interdict, on behalf of his company Carnegie, for a debt of around £30,000 owed by Airdrie.

Mr Murray said: "I feel very sorry for Airdrie and their supporters but we're running a business. We have given them repeated warnings and felt they were playing on our good nature."

BBCJamesCook James Cook

£5.9m is missing from an account linked to #Rangers, the high court in London hears: http://bit.ly/x4SjJT #RFC

7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

There is money missing - don't know about anybody else but I'm shocked.

I'm not especially with Whyte about. I would have expected him to move money into his accounts before he called the administrators.

As a football fan I will feel a bit short changed rangers go down the pan & the SPL allow them back in with a mere slap on the wrist.

Celtic may possibly add a few new faces in the transfer window, yet "debt free FC" fans have a whole new team to support!!!

How's that fair :angry:

To be fair though, it'll be the same old faces turning out for them:

Parlane, Stevens (Gregor, of 70/80s shit footballer fame), Prytz, etc

Thank god at least one person in the media/press seems to think the whole situation is as farcical as we do!!!!

Looks like Tom English has been researching this thread :)

(I do like his stuff normally - one of the better sportswriters)

Looks like Tom English has been researching this thread :)

(I do like his stuff normally - one of the better sportswriters)

I don't like him.

He's a noted green bigot apologist and a Neil Lennon fanboy.

To be fair though, it'll be the same old faces turning out for them:

Parlane, Stevens (Gregor, of 70/80s shit footballer fame), Prytz, etc

It makes a total mockery of football as a contest in Scotland. Clubs from lower leagues striving year on year to reach the dizzy heights of the SPL get shat on, all for price of a few shillings.

This Rangers admin situation is very fishy. It can't be far away from one of their creditors petitioning the court to appoint new administrators.

It could be that this Paul Murray character actually has the goodness of Rangers at heart and is going to, somehow, bail them out of this mess, at least temporarily. We also don't know when pay day is supposed to be for Rangers players - or do we? - so releasing Lee McCulloch today or tomorrow most likely isn't going to make any difference.