Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Daily Ranger update

Ignore the link, it's the same as post #7184

If it's true that Ticketus are part of the Blue Knights then presumably all that ST dough for the next wee while will be going to them and not to Ally's playing budget (assuming that Paul Murray does buy the club).

As the team get more shite, the less Ticketus get back since the follow, follow brigade will do what they did in the 80s and stay home, stay home. So.... maybe they will be crap for a good few years.

Edited by archie guevara

Agreed, if anything I'm rather bemused by the lack of comments from Celtic fans on here - you would have thought they would have been laughing harder than anyone else, but it seems to be mostly fans of the other 10 commenting.

Take a look onto the OF section of the forum and you'll see plenty of comments from Celtic fans, besides overall there isn't a lot of us who use P&B

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23781661/

Looks like the Ticketus deal might save them from liquidation, ironically enough. The venture capital company behind Ticketus will try to keep them on life support. Balls in HMRC's court now...

Well at least if Rangers survive through this bid the price of the Ticketus involvement will be at least to retain thier investment in season tickets, which as an investment company they will want to recoup. Means Rangers won't walk away having gained £24m for free, will have to repay that debt (and likely more as Ticketus will no doubt exact additional cost due to thier now more substantial involment in the club), leading to a much reduced budget for players. Long, lingering demise looks a distinct possibility, with thier glory hunting fans being posted missing.

sorry im a bit thick... would ticketus be injecting money into rangers so that they can ensure that they get their ticket money honoured?

That would seem the most likely explanation....and if they are investing more then they will look to get more back!

if this lot get away with this without liquidation or a heavy penalty over at least five season i will not be able to control my rage

Excellent, if Rangers wriggle out of this temporarily we get to watch the other lot going into meltdown, win/win.

Oh my goodness me..... Ticketus (Octopus) really are worried for their £24m - and rightly so..... but to back them financially with more money ?? Wow !

They are at the table with nothing better than a pair of threes and chucking in a massive raise !

VOTE;

a) They are Ballsy

b) They are Clever

c) They are going "all in" in the next round

d) Craig Whyte owns Ticketus ! blink.gif ?

sorry im a bit thick... would ticketus be injecting money into rangers so that they can ensure that they get their ticket money honoured?

Yes Ticketus are venture capitalists that are going to invest in a business that is losing £10Mill a year (and have made little or no decernible dent in this situation in the last 3 weeks) in order to recoup a previous invest that is worth £24Mill over 4 years.

I see a flaw in that plan, do you.......

Edited by MEADOWXI

Liquidate the fcukers now! Why delay the inevitable?

So, if there's only 11 teams left in the SPL, what happens to the club which finishes at the bottom of the table?

Reducing the SPL to 11 clubs would not save the current bottom club - currently Dunfermline - from relegation.

The SPL rules say the 'bottom' club - even if they are 11th - would be relegated to the First Division of the Scottish Football League.

This would create an opening for both two clubs, Ross County and Falkirk - currently first and second in the SFL - to be promoted to the SPL.

My link

VOTE;

e) They are bluffing.

they can't afford liquidation, but there is no way they want to put more money in, they are trying to

make sure any buyer can't pull a "pre-pack" sale out of admin for £1 (the going rate I believe)

Edited by Macshimmy

c) They are going "all in" in the next round

I don't know how big Ticketus/Octopus are but you've got to think that having to write off £24m of your clients investment money is going to cause severe difficulty for any business. Given Rangers other debts/potential debts it appears a risky move, but we also don't know the details of the agreement between them and the so-called Blue Knights.

Anyone see an increase in Ibrox ticket prices coming if this all goes through?

Edited by Ravelin

if this lot get away with this without liquidation or a heavy penalty over at least five season i will not be able to control my rage

Why over 5 years? That would mean nothing, especially if its a points deduction, other than hand you the title for 5 years running. Any penalty should be applied in one go no matter how severe. Not that you can call a wrap over the knuckles and a timid 'please don't do it again' severe.

No, it's the board of the SPL that will.

A simple majority will put any Phoenix club right back into to the SPL. :thumbsdown

Tally the votes & do the Maths. <_<

Why does everyone keep repeating this. Stv and Bbc articles both say it as well as Chick. Here is the relevant article from the spl articles

14. If:-

(i) a Member shall cease to be entitled to hold a Share; or

(ii) a trustee in sequestration, manager, receiver or administrative

receiver shall be appointed in respect of a Member or any property of

a Member, or an administration order shall be made in respect of a

Member or any property of a Member or an order shall be made or an 9

effective resolution passed for the winding up of a Member otherwise

than for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation;

then that Member or its manager, receiver, administrative receiver,

administrator or liquidator or any other person entitled to the Share shall, on

receiving notice in writing from the Board following the Company in General

Meeting passing a Qualified Resolution that such notice should be issued by

the Board and confirming the identity of the proposed transferee, transfer its

Share to such other person as the Board shall direct at the price of £1 and the

Club owned and operated by such Member shall forthwith cease to be a

member of the League and the Club owned and operated by the transferee

shall become a member of the League in its place.

So if a member goes into administration etc the share shall be transferred to a new member as directed by the board but only after a resolution passed by the Company in General meeting. So while it is the board that carries out the formalities they will only be doing what the company instructs them after a general meeting.So it is the clubs that decide not the board.

Edited by Nowhereman