Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

John Yorkston's infamous "establishing a level playing field with Rangers and Celtic" drivel. :rolleyes:

The late Tommy Burns had it right. he said in the late 90s that unless there was radical change in Scotland our league would end up being as poor as the League of Ireland. We're not quite there yet, but that is certainly the direction of travel.

The late Tommy Burns had it right. he said in the late 90s that unless there was radical change in Scotland our league would end up being as poor as the League of Ireland. We're not quite there yet, but that is certainly the direction of travel.

No it isn't.

Even the 1st Division gets higher attendances, and is probably of a higher standard* than the League of Ireland.

*see Gary Twigg for details.

Edited by craigkillie

Yes can appeal - and will take months.

Same will apply to HMRC. If they lose the £35 million (plus interest and penalties) case they have already said they will appeal. And again this will not be quick.

The law does work slowly and will not change just because it is Rangers (in administration) or because it may inconvenience the SPL/SFA/Sky TV or any other business looking to maximizer profits.

Actually it was the Whyte camp who said that - not exactly the most reliable source. There is no automatic right to appeal - an appeal can only be made on a point of law.

Nahhhhh. Wee Chick's bluster, Doddsy, Biscuits and Co's warblings, Traynor's buffoonery, Spiers and English's back-tracking.... all to do with them possibly not having Old Firm tittle-tattle to write about / gibber about? (Adopts Victor Meldrew voice) I don't bee-leeeve it!

These people are respected journalists who will stop at nothing to give us the truth, and will leave no stone unturned in their quest to see footballing fair play and justice is delivered for the good of the Scottish game. How very dare you suggest they have an agenda here.

:P

Damn you're on a roll today. Must've slipped a shot into the cornflakes?

No it isn't.

Even the 1st Division gets higher attendances, and is probably of a higher standard* than the League of Ireland.

*see Gary Twigg for details.

Agreed on both points.

Makes the Gretna - Derry City game a total chuckle fest.

Just read on Twitter that the if D&P don't get a decision on the Ticketus case today then the Court of Session shuts till 24th April and will only hear emergency cases during this period.

Kinda hope it drags on then, the longer they suffer the better

David "tinfoilinsidehishat,insectsunderhisskin" Leggat's blog just gets better:

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/

I think this one might be his as well:

http://leggoland.blogspot.co.uk/

I've got some startling news for the SPL. And for the SFA. News which will blow Neil Doncaster and Stewart Regan further away than Alice's Wonderland, or even the Wonderful World of Oz.

It is all to do with what will happen if they decide Rangers have played players who were not properly registered with the SFA.

It will echo from Rio to Rotterdam. From Paris to Paisley.

HERE!

TOMORROW!

Lemme guess dave. Does it involve Venusian saucerships, the return of Quetzalcoatl and great Cthulu rising

from the ocean?

Edited by Macshimmy

As it's a slow news day regarding this - a random question if I may. If the current Rangers company start next season in admin, is there a further 10 point penalty?

Aye.

edit:

just had a thought about next season - don't they have to submit their audited accounts to the SFA by 31st March in order to receive a license for next season?

Or is that wishful thinking?

Edited by pollymac

Aye.

edit:

just had a thought about next season - don't they have to submit their audited accounts to the SFA by 31st March in order to receive a license for next season?

Or is that wishful thinking?

I thought that was for Europe?

I thought that was for Europe?

Part Two: National Club Licensing, Section 1: Page 1

Licensing requires that those clubs in Membership of the Scottish Football Association meet specific standards

Part Two: National Club Licensing, Section 8: pages 11 and 12

Entry Level:

Regardless of the club's legal status, a club shall be required to provide a copy of its annual financial statements which have been approved by the club members at a General Meeting.

The statements shall refer to the year ended 2011.

Clubs will provide this information as follows -

SPL clubs – by 31 March 2012

I think the phrase I'm looking for here may contain the following words: creek, shit & paddle.

Edited by pollymac