Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From the Sun

A statement from the Blue Knights confirmed:

"...As a consequence, and in the best interests of the club, the consortium has decided to take a step back to enable Duff and Phelps, Ticketus and the Singaporeans to conclude a deal as quickly as possible or not."

:D

If this Bill Ng character is as rich as he seems (mebbes get keevins to check on Google - quick, before the bad boys erase his history!), then it woud suggest he's got a bit of savvy, so he must know that 12m would be like pissing on an oil-well fire. It doesn't even cover the PAYE/NIC debt from this year. Then there's the EBTs, Big Tax Case, a list of creditors as long as the queue for the subway at half four....

(Standard P&B Disclaimer) I'm no expert, but it appears to me that rangers are proper rubber ducked. Any survival plan appears to draw on the assets which made them an "institution", and to rely on some pretty optimistic thinking. They won't be challenging for any major success for years, if ever, and we all know how "loyal" the bears are in those circumstances. Revenue will drop through the floor, ibrox will have to be maintained, players have to be paid....and there's Sally's pie bill at Greggs to sort out (will THEY have to pay VAT?). As they've sold off the catering, the merchandising, and anything else they can, how can they get back to where they were before they were found out? I don't claim to know what Ng has in mind, but if he was interested in this mob as a going concern, surely he'd have been around last year?

KTID

If this Bill Ng character is as rich as he seems (mebbes get keevins to check on Google - quick, before the bad boys erase his history!), then it woud suggest he's got a bit of savvy, so he must know that 12m would be like pissing on an oil-well fire. It doesn't even cover the PAYE/NIC debt from this year. Then there's the EBTs, Big Tax Case, a list of creditors as long as the queue for the subway at half four....

(Standard P&B Disclaimer) I'm no expert, but it appears to me that rangers are proper rubber ducked. Any survival plan appears to draw on the assets which made them an "institution", and to rely on some pretty optimistic thinking. They won't be challenging for any major success for years, if ever, and we all know how "loyal" the bears are in those circumstances. Revenue will drop through the floor, ibrox will have to be maintained, players have to be paid....and there's Sally's pie bill at Greggs to sort out (will THEY have to pay VAT?). As they've sold off the catering, the merchandising, and anything else they can, how can they get back to where they were before they were found out? I don't claim to know what Ng has in mind, but if he was interested in this mob as a going concern, surely he'd have been around last year?

KTID

never mind P&B disclaimer.........that's Hugh Keevans disclaimer !

they really were embarrassing last night with their excuses.

So, the Blue Knights were the Rangers equivalent of the guy in all good black and white movies who makes fake bids at an auction to push the price up.

Only, they usually end up winning the auction, with comedy effect. Oh....

Honestly. You go down to London for a week, and when you return, Rangers are being bought by the periodic table of elements.

Surreal.

Things are progressing nicely for the only 'consortium' that really matters. That consortium is Whyte/Haudit/Daudit... A triumvirate who are bang on track to firstly own Rangers for a quid, make this pantomime drag on as long as possible, and hit their goal of liquidation. Whyte will be positioned as the main man to get a massive wedge before fcuking off to Monaco permanently, while his lackeys (and part-time administration impersonators and Angry Birds expert players) Haudit & Daudit will be first in line to be paid in the post-liquidation wreckage, before fcuking off to faceless London offices again, and moving onto the next lame-duck asset-stripping exercise.

"Can you see him yet? Is he near!?"

"No, gawwdammit, the new sheriff's a Ng...."

Edited by pozbaird

In the rest of the world all he talks about is how this deal will benefit Singapore. ie rankgers will be a feeder club for Asia where their players will go into the "shop window", be sold for a few quid extra and it will wind its way back to singapore.

Sounds like Mr Ng has been taking advice from Willie McKay and is basing his strategy on the highly successful Doncaster Rovers business model.

Excellent.

Honestly. You go down to London for a week, and when you return, Rangers are being bought by the periodic table of elements.

Surreal.

Things are progressing nicely for the only 'consortium' that really matters. That consortium is Whyte/Haudit/Daudit... A triumvirate who are bang on track to firstly own Rangers for a quid, make this pantomime drag on as long as possible, and hit their goal of liquidation. Whyte will be positioned as the main man to get a massive wedge before fcuking off to Monaco permanently, while his lackeys (and part-time administration impersonators and Angry Birds expert players) Haudit & Daudit will be first in line to be paid in the post-liquidation wreckage, before fcuking off to faceless London offices again, and moving onto the next lame-duck asset-stripping exercise.

"Can you see him yet? Is he near!?"

"No, gawwdammit, the new sheriff's a Ng...."

Have a greenie for if nothing else a Blazing Saddles reference. :)

Haudit and Daudit seem surprised that no one wants to cough up the £500,000 for basically looking at the books thoroughly.

I think once Ng has a closer look at what's been going on he will back away. Now that he is effectively the only bidder he'll try to renegotiate his terms. However I dont think he has quite grasped how much HMRC is gunning for rankgers.

and SFA got them up before the Headie today

We all know how that'll go...

Headie opens his office door...'RANGERS, get in here this minute and sit down. You've been a very naughty boy'

Headie closes his office door...'Alright lads. Help yourself to the single malt. I got that box of Havana's you mentioned. Right, I've started to get the new league set up you wanted in place....'

For the last couple of weeks we have been fed the line that Paul Murray and the Blue Knights were the only game in town. Now they have taken a big step back and all hopes are being pinned on a "lifelong Rangers fan" that no-one had heard of a few weeks ago.

If there was proof needed that rangers are well and truly fucked then this is it.

Edited by Granny Danger

Ticketus saying the haven't agreed a new deal with anyone Paul "I'm the messiah" Murray doing a very good impression of walking away, nah they don't do that. Another Walter Mitty would have been great entertainment too

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

http://www.bulletinslive.com/?p=2371

An interesting read but its pretty much what we all suspected anyway.

My feeling is that the Bloo Gladys Knights consortium is pretty much Paul Murray and a couple of mates trying to make it look like they are working for the fans and have the best interests of the club at heart. But actually they dont have much money and were only hoping that it would peak interest from other bidders.

The american bid is more a case of "I've got my pocket money mum can I buy a guitar, puppy, hamster................I promise I will always look after it and feed it and play with it everyday........"

The singapore bid? Hmmmmmm. All it would take to blow this deal out of the water is for one of our "journos" to ask him one question. "Name your all time 11 for the gers." Surely not a problem for such a huge fan as has been claimed.

Ng has banked on appealing to the fans with his "loyalty" to the club, but in all likelihood its probably more of a case that his own wee club in singapore, ground capacity 2500 and no sponsor, isnt doing very well and he's been looking for a club elsewhere to raise his profile and his country's. Along comes rangers and he sees the chance to make a few quid. It wont matter to him if the club is liquidated because the club will still be there (sadly), and he can bring players that he thinks he could shift for a few extra quid in europe than he would in singapore.

Rangers fans you have been warned...........for Ng read Romanov Mark II

Edited by PeeTeeJag

For the last couple of weeks we have been fed the line that Paul Murray and the Blue Knights were the only game in town. Now they have taken a big step back and all hopes are being pinned on a "lifelong Rangers fan" that no-one had heard of a few weeks ago.

If there was proof needed that rangers are well and truly fucked then this is it.

Getting a bit of Deja Vu here...................lifelong Rangers fan, with lots of money, buys the club on the cheap and..................................well you know the rest!

Still amazed at the amount of Rangers fans who still have the head buried in the sand over this, some even convinced they will be winning the league at a canter next season and buying players.

Hopefully they will die on the queen's jubilee :D

Ticketus saying the haven't agreed a new deal with anyone Paul "I'm the messiah" Murray doing a very good impression of walking away, nah they don't do that. Another Walter Mitty would have been great entertainment too

good grief. The amount of lies that have been told by the main players in this story is just unbelievable.

BBC Radio Scotland this morning a journo from the Strait Times in Singapore being interviewed as he knows Bill 'Murray' Ng,

He said that Ng been a lifelong Rangers fan since he saw them win Euro trophy in 1972.

I nearly pissed myself laughing - how many secret lifelong fans are there out there......