Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From rangers Media

Division 3 Ref all of the above. SPL needs to dissband and this could be our chance to change the Face of Scottish Football .

It is Finnished as a competition. http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=217333

Now they hold the moral high ground and are doing Scottish Football a favour in fixing the diabolical SPL by droppping down to Division 3 - This only gets more humourous.

Thats exactly what he's trying to do.

Basically, he wants to take all the good bits out of Rangers - the stadium, the players, the SPL membership - and transfer it into this "incubator" company. It then carries on and plays in the SPL with - and heres the cunning bit - no penalties because it isnt in administration and isnt, technically, a newco. Because, meanwhile, the "oldco" still exists and is still trying to agree a CVA/get shares from Whyte/take people to court and whatever else takes D&P fancy.

Then, at some point in the future preferably when everyone has forgotten what went on, he says he'll merge the two companies back together. Again, no newco to punish under the SPLs new rules.

That's my take too. Starting a new co but let's pretend it's not. Shaft the creditors with a CVA but carry on as Rangers FC with none of the liabilities. Ridiculous proposal.

If the aim of Mr Miller is to be the true savior of RFC, he should put up the money, pay for the shares, pay off the debts and then carry on into next season with no points deduction.

Understand and accept that a proportion of ST money is going to Ticketus for a few years.

Understand and accept that there will be one season without Euro football.

Sort out acceptable contracts with the players that mean RFC are operating in the black.

Take a few seasons of pain and emerge stronger and fitter than before.

I think that would be an honourable road to go down and no-one would have any complaints.

what really, really puzzles me, though, is that no one at any of these Rangers fans groups that are demanding to be involved has just gone 'bugger this, let's just form a club with our own money where we get our own say & we'll bypass the whole lot & apply to the SFL now for the upcoming space" the third division is allegedly where they all want to play anyway? - they would (I'd imagine) be able to pull a decent whack of money & have a decent chance of a ground share at partick (worst case scenario go to Cumbernauld for a few years)

That's really not the worst idea I've heard.

The only slight issue there is that you end up with some of the mouth breathers from the various fans groups fighting for overall control and in a position of power.

That's my take too. Starting a new co but let's pretend it's not. Shaft the creditors with a CVA but carry on as Rangers FC with none of the liabilities. Ridiculous proposal.

If the aim of Mr Miller is to be the true savior of RFC, he should put up the money, pay for the shares, pay off the debts and then carry on into next season with no points deduction.

Understand and accept that a proportion of ST money is going to Ticketus for a few years.

Sort out acceptable contracts with the players that mean RFC are operating in the black.

I think that would be an honourable road to go down and no-one would have any complaints.

You mean play by the rules and do the right thing? Well, it's an unusual approach, but...

The only slight issue there is that you end up with some of the mouth breathers from the various fans groups fighting for overall control and in a position of power.

And the downside is?

That's the only morally correct thing to do but it would cost whoever undertook it tens of millions, with no chance of ever getting that back.

The only way Rangers are going to emerge from this with integrity and a safe future is if someone who genuinely cares steps in and ploughs an absolute fortune in that he's willing to lose. Never going to fucking happen.

What you have now is one shadowy chancer after another, applying to make a deal with a bunch of shadowy chancers, in order to buy the club from the king of shadowy chancers. They truly have sold their soul to the devil here.

Option A - Cheat, bully and bribe their way out.

Option B - Death.

Wonder which one they'll plump for :rolleyes:

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

Miller knows that liquidation is happening. He knows that a new club is not the same club and he will lose a lot of the supporters if it happens. What he is trying to do is keep as many of the similarities as possible, and reproduce as close to an exact copy of the club as he can, The Clone Rangers I guess. This is his way of trying to keep as many of the supporters in it as he can, not to mention giving him a chance to flex some muscle and get into their good books before he has actually done anything. It's nothing more than the start of the new co.

superb! Even when all this is over and The Famous Glasgow Rangers founded 1872 'Aye Ready' etc etc are liquidated, something is going to emerge from the swamp to (sort of) take their place.

Could be serious jim whyte has a black tie on today on ssn

Jim's looking the happiest I've seen him for weeks, to be honest. Probably because the big story on SSN is a serious "real-life" case, so he doesn't have to try putting a positive spin on the Govan meltdown. Still(knowing SSN's priorities), a minor league player getting jailed for rape won't keep them going for long, and the rangers story isn't going away (unlike the blue knights, Bill Ng, Kennedy, and, soon, Bill Murray Miller).

I have to say, Jim's inevitable breakdown on air is the part of this story that I'm most looking forward to. I'd prefer if it was wee Chico, to be honest, but that horrible little creature will have disappeared long before the cameras get to him (probably up SDM's arse).

KTID

Or he could start a bonfire with £200 Million in used banknotes. Hurrah!

There is not a chance in hell of that deal going through. I don't think the SPL will allow anyone to rip the pish like that but more important is the money - £11.2m includes the 500k deposit which is used for running costs and at least £1.2m for admin fees which must be paid in full. That leaves £9.5m for the other creditors which hardly covers the amount owed in tax since Craig Whyte took over. HMRC will not even consider this type of offer and neither will Ticketus, especially if Miller is deliberately winding them up now. Beyond that, he would still have to sort out a deal with Craig Whyte to buy his shares.

Miller may be serious about buying Rangers or he may not - but if he's serious it won't be with these numbers.

That was my first reaction too. But then I thought, what happens if this does happen? The not-newco plays in the SPL next season - no need to agree a CVA or buy Whytes shares - and the whole legal process of trying to get Whyte to part with his shares and the processing of the CVA rumble on and on. What if, this all takes 2,3 even 4 or 5 years, and the outcome is that the "oldco" ends up being liquidated. Would there then be the same clamour to punish the not-newco? Could Murray argue that the not-newco has been a fine, upstanding member of the SPL for so long that it shouldnt be punished for the dodgy dealings of the oldco?

A bit far fetched maybe, but then possibly in keeping with this whole fiasco

You've lost me....

:lol:

would you rather have no club next season? This is happening! all the bidders are pulling out when it looks like they're favourite, it doesn't matter (for now) who is to blame you (the fans not you personally) are sitting back twiddling your thumbs while people have a race to the bottom to asset strip them! But aye you're right enough, the guy in charge might not be the worlds greatest chairman so best just leave it

It took Murray 4 years to offload rangers from the time he put them on sale. No-one wanted to buy them then so what's changed since? Maybe some would value the assets the club has but apart from that, the only hope is some fans with money to come out the woodwork somewhere.