Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

would you rather have no club next season? This is happening! all the bidders are pulling out when it looks like they're favourite, it doesn't matter (for now) who is to blame you (the fans not you personally) are sitting back twiddling your thumbs while people have a race to the bottom to asset strip them! But aye you're right enough, the guy in charge might not be the worlds greatest chairman so best just leave it

What part of me saying that it wasn't the worst idea i'd heard made you think I was against it?

Buying Rangers in their current state would be like buying a car from the scrapyard that you intend to drive.

The only reason you'd buy it from the scrapyard is to strip it for parts.

If you wanted to put it back on the road it would cost that much to repair, you'd be better just buying a new car.

It is my strong view that Rangers and their fans should not continue to be punished in the future for the past failures of others.

:lol:

From BBC: His plans for an "incubator" company would, he claims, avoid liquidation, but he warns that they are dependent on the Scottish football authorities not imposing further sanctions on the club.

A perfect way to buy them over and liquidate them using the 'it wasn't my fault, I tried my best' excuse. Why should they get preferential treatment? F**k 'em. F**k 'em all.

Buying Rangers in their current state would be like buying a car from the scrapyard that you intend to drive.

The only reason you'd buy it from the scrapyard is to strip it for parts.

If you wanted to put it back on the road it would cost that much to repair, you'd be better just buying a new car.

I'd say it was more like buying a friends debt from an aggressive drug dealer who plans to kill you if you don't pay the extortionate interest.

Jim's looking the happiest I've seen him for weeks, to be honest. Probably because the big story on SSN is a serious "real-life" case, so he doesn't have to try putting a positive spin on the Govan meltdown. Still(knowing SSN's priorities), a minor league player getting jailed for rape won't keep them going for long, and the rangers story isn't going away (unlike the blue knights, Bill Ng, Kennedy, and, soon, Bill Murray Miller).

I have to say, Jim's inevitable breakdown on air is the part of this story that I'm most looking forward to. I'd prefer if it was wee Chico, to be honest, but that horrible little creature will have disappeared long before the cameras get to him (probably up SDM's arse).

KTID

You've now put a vision in my mind of HMRC throwing Rangers SFA certificate into the fires of Mount Doom with Chico diving after it screaming "Nooooooooo, mustn't liquidate the Precious!"

It is my strong view that Rangers and their fans should not continue to be punished in the future for the past failures of others.

So he thinks a ten point deduction is enough punishment?

That's a point for every year they were operating the EBT. Never mind not bothering their arse to hand over the PAYE/NI for a year.

They can ram it. Nuke 'em.

I quite fancy a wee trivia moment.

If Craigy Whyte (superhero) hadn't turned up at Broxi with his (probably fake) pound coin and (ticketus) money what would've happened to Rangers?

Lloyds would still be there and still be owed £18M, and who was going to cover the £9M in PAYE that our hero couldn't be bothered paying?

Rangers didn't have the money to pay that and i'm guessing Lloyds and Murray certainly weren't going too and then there is various other bills like Rapid Vienna, Hearts, Dunfermline and Dundee Utd.

Would Lloyds have put Rangers into administration this season also?

If so i bet they wouldn't have picked the dynamic duo of Duffman as the administration team.

If Craigy Whyte (superhero) hadn't turned up at Broxi with his (probably fake) pound coin and (ticketus) money what would've happened to Rangers?

Lloyds would still be there and still be owed £18M, and who was going to cover the £9M in PAYE that our hero couldn't be bothered paying?

Rangers didn't have the money to pay that and i'm guessing Lloyds and Murray certainly weren't going too and then there is various other bills like Rapid Vienna, Hearts, Dunfermline and Dundee Utd.

If so i bet they wouldn't have picked the dynamic duo of Duffman as the administration team.

Not making the CL group stage did Rangers in.

I believe that in previous years the club had been chipping away away at its debt mountain. Had they made the CL groups, Rangers today probably would had been finnancially better off than at the start of the season. Not sure of the impact of EL group stage.

But this season, with no money from European Cups, and assuming they were on top of their taxes, they would had been haemoraging what - 1M? 2M? 3M? quid a month.

So they'd have to sell more than just Jelavic in January.

Or am I totally wrong?

Borys

I think they might have actually covered the PAYE, and put a realistic payment plan in place over a few years, by selling

MacGregor, Jelavic (could have got around 8m at the right moment) and Davis.

The resulting cash, plus the big reduction in the wage bill would have left them fairly secure. (by comparison!)

Edited by Macshimmy

Finally read the blurb from tha Yank:

The American businessman said: "In order topreserve the club's history, records, championships and assets, I willput the heart of the club into an 'incubator' company while Duff andPhelps works to make the sick patient healthy through a CVA processthat effectively works to radiate the toxicity of past administrations'sins out of the patient while the healthy heart is preserved and movesforward."

Ah no ken wha he said, but I ken it stinks :)

Borys

I think they might have actually covered the PAYE, and put a realistic payment plan in place over a few years, by selling

MacGregor, Jelavic (and Davis.

That would've been a popular move with the fans.

The beauty is if you explained to them you had too to survive they'd have said 'Rangers will never die' laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by Gaz FFC

“In order to preserve the club’s history, records, championships and assets, I will put the “heart” of the club into an “incubator” company while Duff & Phelps works to make the “sick patient” healthy through a CVA process that effectively works to “radiate” the toxicity of past administrations’ sins out of the patient while the “healthy heart” is preserved and moves forward. Once the CVA process has been completed and the patient is on the mend, the administrators will return Rangers Football Club plc to me for a nominal sum.

“The healthy heart and the healthy patient (The Rangers Football Club plc) will then be reunited through merger.

fantasy_island_1978-show.jpg