Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"enterance"? :huh:

"Haw, Shug! Gonnae use ra spellcheck hingy nixt time?"

They don't do walking away. And to demonstrate the point, they're all going on a really long walk. Or, more probably, a short train ride to Mount Florida and then a brief stroll.

So a duopoly is fine but you are worried about a monopoly?

I had to live through the Rangers 9 in a Row era and although it was pretty repetitive despite Celtic putting up a fight, I didn't really care which of the two won it. If anything, it was quite funny watching the Celtic fans suffer. As this would be even more of a one-horse race, I doubt Celtic would get anywhere close to a 9 in a row anyway before the fans and TV companies get fed up, the quality and bank balance drops and the league becomes far more interesting again. The EPL is always going to be far superior and we'll watch MOTD from afar anyway so does it matter if our teams are fighting in a weaker league? It's not like our clubs (including the 'big' two) are even qualifying for European competitions anyway.

Perhaps I should clarify,

I didn't mean its a problem for everyone, I am suggesting that the larger teams will fall and the smaller ones will thrive. For many that is a problem but for many it's great, depends who you support.

My general concern is than I wouldn't want to see the SPL become on par with the Welsh leagues, having said that, as a Football fan (and not just a rangers fan), I would love a more competitive league.

I suffer no delusions of grandeur - Rangers suck and have been killed by mismanagement. I still support them though.

And Motherwell posted a very small debt - nothing of massive concern but not 0

Perhaps I should clarify. f**k off you boring c**t.

You honestly think that if Rangers go bust the SPL would end up like the Welsh League? Do me a favour and take your shite chat elsewhere.

:lol:

It appears 'the rangers' have finally woken up to the fact their club is fuxxed. In true Govan bluenose style they decide to hit out and blame everyone but the key corrupt 'institution' at the centre of the whole situation. laugh.gif

It beggars belief that they are so blinkered to ignore what has been going on.

five-stages-of-grief-relationships-ending.jpg.

Someone posted this a long time ago on here think most Gers fans are somewhere in stage 2, when this late in proceeding they should be into stage 4. biggrin.gif

It would be interesting to know what the OP actually wants. He accepts that punishment is needed yet then goes on to say that if punished then it would be bad for the game. Personally I think the bottom line is that cheating both the tax paying public and the general ethics within sport means you should be dealt with severely. If we have clubs that will struggle because of any possible loss of income that shouldn't mean Rangers are not punished because of that, it's the fault of those clubs putting so much emphasis on the money that was inflated by the OF being in the league. Ultimately the reason these clubs over stretched was to compete with the utter duopoly that existed.

My club has cut it's cloth and now pretty much debt free (although they are not mentioned in the OP's "doing well list"), and we have done this to the detriment of success. Nigh on 20 years in the 1st division while those at the top table lapped it up means I have very little sympathy for Rangers. Even now we have a club for sale for about £2m, that is the price that the OF pay for a bit part player that will sit on the bench. It's that level of massive inequity that has bred contempt and it seems that schadenfreude is being served with generous helpings of jelly and ice cream and on a whole most people see it as the right thing to be done. Well except for the Rangers fans who somehow think they should be treated with some sort of leniency.

Edited by Ric

You honestly think that if Rangers go bust the SPL would end up like the Welsh League? Do me a favour and take your shite chat elsewhere.

Agreed. Todays main story on the WPL website:

REGULAR season attendances dropped by 7.4% in 2011/12, one of the largest falls ever recorded in the 20-year history of the Welsh Premier League. The average attendance at the 192 games was 314, compared with 339 in 2010/11, with five clubs - Aberystwyth Town (1.8%), Bala Town (19.4%), Newtown (6.2%), Prestatyn (6.2%) and The New Saints (27.9%) - showing an improvement.

Pretty sure the Scottish Third Division is better than that as football is the secondary sport down there unlike north of the border where the vast, vast majority of sports fans don't give two-hoots about rugby (unless the 6 Nations is on, then they're massive fans for a month). FC Dunfermline Buidling Society vs Aberdeen Asset Management XI would be entertaining this Saturday though.

Edited by Hedgecutter

In true Rangers all talk and no action style it wont actually happen. Any sizeable Rangers presence amongst 42k extremely emotional Hibs/Hearts fans would end very, very badly :lol:

There will probably be about 50 fat inbreds in Rangers tops and baseball caps and that'll be it. Hopefully they get the pish ripped out of them.

It would be interesting to know what the OP actually wants. He accepts that punishment is needed yet then goes on to say that if punished then it would be bad for the game. Personally I think the bottom line is that cheating both the tax paying public and the general ethics within sport means you should be dealt with severely. If we have clubs that will struggle because of any possible loss of income that shouldn't mean Rangers are not punished because of that, it's the fault of those clubs putting so much emphasis on the money that was inflated by the OF being in the league. Ultimately the reason these clubs over stretched was to compete with the utter duopoly that existed.

My club has cut it's cloth and now pretty much debt free (although they are not mentioned in the OP's "doing well list"), and we have done this to the detriment of success. Nigh on 20 years in the 1st division while those at the top table lapped it up means I have very little sympathy for Rangers. Even now we have a club for sale for about £2m, that is the price that the OF pay for a bit part player that will sit on the bench. It's that level of massive inequity that has bred contempt and it seems that schadenfreude is being served with generous helpings of jelly and ice cream and on a whole most people see it as the right thing to be done. Well except for the Rangers fans who somehow thing they should be treated with some sort of leniency.

Its a tough one. I agree with the punishment yet don't want to see my club fold, you see the dilemma. As for the rest again its tough. I think a collapse could be good and bad. It would force clubs to be more economical yet this could hamper quality. It would however bring the league closer and really that is good for everyone. I think its bad for only the clubs who are run badly (hearts and rangers). As for Celtic I would really only say that if rangers collapse they will have to tone things down. The clubs really do play off the rivalry and that makes money, great but if that stops, things could be tough.

My "good list" was by no means complete, it was just a quick few examples, hibs being the best i could muster.

As for the punishment, i would be shocked if the SFA or SPL were lenient. I dont like the transfer embargo and think that could push us over but as pointed out, it happened to dundee so it has to stick. I also would expect us to goto the 3rd division and in all honesty i would be happy with that. Fair punishment and large(er) crowds could help some smaller teams (all be it only 4 games a season) win-win.

Graham,

It is fortunate that your organisation should benefit from significant additional business through no additional efforts of your own. We, as supporters of every other Scottish football club and the Scottish national team, are left with no choice but to take action into our own hands in defending the stance of the SFA (Scottish Football Association), which in this case is a transfer of our business to all sponsors of the SFA, including William Hill.

I would therefore request that you open an account for me forthwith. You will soon be aware that this will generate additional business from substantial numbers.

Rangers Football Club is in a very precarious place at the moment, in that they are in administration, with liquidation looming large on the horizon if they don't get a prefferred bidder in the next few days. Duff & Phelps, the Club administrators, were working flat out to achieve that this week. Part of this is obviously trying to 'sell' the Club to potential buyers. On the eve of that decision the SFA justifiably sanctioned Rangers Football Club, for cheating over a prolonged period, with a fine of £160,000 and a YEAR LONG BAN ON SIGNING ANY PLAYERS, who Rangers cant afford to pay anyway. Needless to say the 'preferred bidder' process is thankfully now in turmoil.

The fans of the other Scottish clubs have described the SFA's actions and timing as "sensible and appropriate". They are trying to punish Rangers for JUSTIFIABLE reasons when we are after years of jizzing away money that they did NOT have. We believe that as long as we have they are not dealt with in an appropriate manner, we will be unable to point and laugh loudly. I hope you can understand why we are taking this action.

Regards

The Scottish Football Family

Please say you sent that :lol: :lol:

Name a league with 1 dominant team that is successful both nationally and internationally. You cant. Without a fight, Celtic would (over time) begin to fall in quality. With less media income, there would be cut backs. With less success in Europe, we would have less places and thus hit a downward spiral. For the teams in debt, less media income would be tough on them and for Celtic, although they may avoid debt, they would in time become a shadow of their former self.

So what exactly is less than zero success?

Back in 1968 Cyprus football was like kindergarten stuff and Dunfermline gubbed Apoel 12-1 and now look at the 2 teams. Nothing is for forever.