Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Taken from Rangers media:-

"A journo I know reckons the meeting ended up in complete anarchy this morning with 5 teams flatly refusing to vote for any sanctions over and above those already in place or that would see us ejected from the spl.

The teams he said who baulked and threatened to abstain at the issue of any new sanctions and you may or may not like this are St Mirren Hearts celtic Dunfermline and Inverness."

I hope not - If St Mirren go down that route I'll never be back. If they've (Rangers) broken the rules they should be punished. We ( St Mirren) need to remember that if we were in that situation you can bet that Rangers wouldn't give any thought or care about us.

Edited by sexybaldyguy

Is Division 2 the only league we can all agree Rangers won't be playing in?

How on earth are Rangers in the event of liquidation going to find the time to set up a Newco and have the team ready for the start of the 2012-2013 season?

By my reckoning they have 9 weeks from now until fixture lists are appearing and the SPL and SFL would want to know what's what.

How quick can Rangers be liquidated with the assets sold off to pay creditors and all the legals taken care of, then a Newco set up with a ground and players etc? I'm guessing longer than 9 weeks.

With every delay in Rangers doing the inevitable it becomes less likely they can set up for next season.

this ^ i cant see any of the people associated with rfc being efficient and organised enough to get such a complex venture off the ground. Theyre a rabble that would argue internally over the colour of shite and the fact that the admin process is such a farce only serves to illustrate how unlikely a newco is. btw who in their right minds would ever let duff n phelps near an administration again...can administrators go into administrattion?? :lol:

SPL shi*bags.......Rangers will go into liquidation when the season finishes. The biggest problem then will be getting a newco set up before next season....I can't see that happening. So what happens then ? A season with an odd number of teams ? Bring in a new club ? Then Gers will need to buy another Scottish team to get back into the leagues. Who will the unlucky victims be ? Clyde, East Stirling etc ....It could be any of us.

with what?? they cannae pay for their pies or their papers, they certainly dont have money to buy another football club.

Neil Doncaster on Sportsound coming out with all sorts of excuses for the formation of a Newco.

Edit: basically saying liquidation & Newco is essentially the same as coming out of admin with a CVA.

Edited by Desert Nomad

with what?? they cannae pay for their pies or their papers, they certainly dont have money to buy another football club.

If they really have 5 mill which they say they have for the CVA that would get you a controlling stake in most clubs in the country.

Taken from Rangers media:-

"A journo I know reckons the meeting ended up in complete anarchy this morning with 5 teams flatly refusing to vote for any sanctions over and above those already in place or that would see us ejected from the spl.

The teams he said who baulked and threatened to abstain at the issue of any new sanctions and you may or may not like this are St Mirren Hearts celtic Dunfermline and Inverness."

I hope not - If St Mirren go down that route I'll never be back. If they've (Rangers) broken the rules they should be punished. We ( St Mirren) need to remember that if we were in that situation you can bet that Rangers wouldn't give any thought or care about us.

Well no: the new sanctions shouldn't be voted in. They're a cover to let a NewCo into the game with what actually amounts to a slap on the wrist. They are, in effect, an attempt to close the door after the horse has bolted, and a new reptile has slithered into the stable to devour the rest.

There shouldn't be a change to the rules: Rangers SPL status should simply be revoked when they fold. And no NewCo allowed back in again. Who needs greater sanctions than that?

Neil Doncaster on Sportsound coming out with all sorts of excuses for the formation of a Newco.

Edit: basically saying liquidation & Newco is essentially the same as coming out of admin with a CVA.

Then when asked whats to stop other teams liquidating and joining the league, he answers "ah, but that would be a newco".

Doncaster really is a fucking bellend, why the f**k is somebody like this at the forefront of Scottish football?

Says that current TV deal requires 4 OF games per season. Refusing to comment on future TV deal.

Could you imagine asking that muppet the time of day?

"I cannot tell you what the time is, because the situation on my watch is changing by the second, and until it needs rewinding we'll have to await developments to see whether we have a stable situation in which the time can be ascertained."

This is unbelievable. Doncaster simply does not get it.

He didn't get that we didn't want to go back to a ten team SPL either, but he stood on the steps of Hampden and announced it was the only game in town. It wasn't, and it isn't.

He's hopeless, get him tae' F.