Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Perhaps one of the questions we should ask of Doncaster is how this will affect our reputation as a footballing nation in Europe/Worldwide, Surely this will completely destroy any kind of sportsmanship or credibility our "top" flight league has. We would be a laughing stock. Let the cheating scum back in via newco or otherwise and the game is truly a bogey. Personally I think HMRC will put paid to ANY plans of newco except perhaps at a junior or pub team level. HMRC have been quoted (if only I could find the quote) as saying "Tax avoidance is considered a crime by HMRC and as such we will NOT enter into negotiations". Im sure it was newsnight or something, but I clearly remember that being quoted ages ago.

Please die soon Rangers. My wife is going to divorce me for all the time im spending reading this thread!!

That my friends is the real multi million pound question - not as club supporters, but as members of the World Famous and Respected TARTAN ARMY.

One consolidated effort from all fans that can remove the clubs from the equation. One where WE AS TARTAN ARMY FANS refuse to let the reputation we have had to earn in bars and hotels across the world be ruined by a festering establishment that deems hard cash more important than sporting integrity. One where there is still TV money that goes to the SFA for coverage in these competitions and money from replica kits - One where we can speak directly to the ruling body of the sport in this country. Collectively we have the power to affect the SFA directly in a more powerful way than even Sandy Jardine can comprehend.

Now, let us march onwards towards Tooting, vive la resistance Wolfie!!!

I was just having a look at the accounts page of the Haudit & Daudit report somebody posted on here. The total due to unsecured creditors is £55,415,632 excluding monies due to employees (TBC).

Of the unsecured creditors, HMRC are due £14,372,042 (25.9% of the total unsecured) and Ticketus £26,700,000 (48.2%). Both of them stand to lose a lot of money and it seems like it's in their interest to reject a CVA. Although this would mean a longer wait to get potentially more through liquidation, I've heard it suggested on here that HMRC are quite happy to hang about to ensure the best possible deal. Are Ticketus in a similar boat?

The accounts don't specify how much is due to "Floating charge creditor - RFC Group" or the preferential creditors. Perhaps someone can shine some light on who these might be and how much much they're due. This would be key as it determines if the rest of the creditors can push through a CVA without HMRC, Ticketus or both. My assumption would be no.

This was just a rough look at the numbers so feel free to correct me.

HMRC have been quoted (if only I could find the quote) as saying "Tax avoidance is considered a crime by HMRC and as such we will NOT enter into negotiations". Im sure it was newsnight or something, but I clearly remember that being quoted ages ago.

They don't comment on individual cases but, and here's what the Bluenoses don't get, they'd rather get hee haw that accept pennies. Simply to say that they mean business. And other companies, who owe will collectively owe squillions, get the message that that liquidation and pheonix company is not an option. They lost the Redknapp case but I am sure quite a few people thought "feck me they go after him, they'll come after me" and own up to their own foreign money.

HMRC are paying off thousands of people but are hiring more investigators, Why's that then?

Rangers may be a big thing in Glasow but they mean nothing to real institutions. Do their supporters really think that the likes of Tesco and William Hill are shaking in their shoes over some pathetic 'boycott'?

Pitch protection rules will be introduced next season to minimise the risk of damage during pre-match warm-ups

Due in the SPL meeting which takes place some time, meybees.

What's that about? Keep off the Rugby Park surface at 1/2 time, dunno.

They don't comment on individual cases but, and here's what the Bluenoses don't get, they'd rather get hee haw that accept pennies. Simply to say that they mean business. And other companies, who owe will collectively owe squillions, get the message that that liquidation and pheonix company is not an option. They lost the Redknapp case but I am sure quite a few people thought "feck me they go after him, they'll come after me" and own up to their own foreign money.

HMRC are paying off thousands of people but are hiring more investigators, Why's that then?

Rangers may be a big thing in Glasow but they mean nothing to real institutions. Do their supporters really think that the likes of Tesco and William Hill are shaking in their shoes over some pathetic 'boycott'?

Run out of green votes today but spot on. Port Vale case is most recent example. HMRC voted down a CVA - luckily for the Vale, Stoke Council was the major creditor. HMRC not looking to be soft on tax evasion and they would love a scalp to send a clear message.

Pitch protection rules will be introduced next season to minimise the risk of damage during pre-match warm-ups

Due in the SPL meeting which takes place some time, meybees.

What's that about? Keep off the Rugby Park surface at 1/2 time, dunno.

I saw that they had voted on a couple of issues but as they managed to dodge some of the huge ones I'm surprised they even bothered with the pishy little bits.

If Scottish football seriously needs these people then it can f**k right off. Sub human is the only word for it

And here's the famous minority outside parkhead..singing about,,,,

Paedos

Bobby sans

The pope

And Neil Lennon dying.

Dignity.

Re: Doncaster on Sportsound. Remember way back at the beginning of this, microphones were shoved under Alex Salmond's nose... christ, even David Cameron was interviewed about Rangers. Both of them (and every other politician or pundit), trotted out the 'Scottish institution...must be saved' soundbite.

Did anyone expect Doncaster to come out and say anything other than he did? He is a man who only sees 'the product', and talks in terms of 'adding value'. My opinion is that he is a gobshite of the highest order. My understanding is that his '10 team or die' speech seriously pissed off SPL chairmen, because Doncaster was portraying his personally held view as that of the clubs who make up the SPL.

Anyway... I'll watch with interest at 10.30 tonight, but I expect further psycho-babble corporate speak about providing a quality product and delivering focus-driven added value and preserving the brand...

... fcuking blowhard. Just my personally held view of course.

Edited by pozbaird

So IF Rangers are liquidated how does the sale of assets take place?

Is it an auction? Is there anything to stop Tesco bidding for Ibrox and turning it into a superstore with a listed front? There are no guarantees that any of the assets will end up in "friendly" hands and then there are no guarantees that any Newco will have a stadium or a training ground. Have I got this correct or am i over simplifying it?

In all seriousness, can you imagine the reaction of Galatasaray fans in Turkey or the fans of Panathinakos in Greece if anyone tried to liquidate them ?

There would be massive riots, cars overturned and set alight, heads of Government would roll and senior figures within their FA's hounded and forced to resign. Now, whether you agree with that or not, I can guarantee neither club would go into liquidation.

We're on the brink. If rumours are to believed the life support machine is about to be switched off. To go down without a fight is simply unacceptable and anyone pushing for liquidation or a newco must be met head-on - that includes the Blue Knight's.

We are Scotland's biggest club and, to many, a way of life: A religion almost.

If we have to go down then let's go down fighting. To roll over and die is completely unacceptable and goes against everything we believe we stand for as a club and a people.

The message is a simple one:

NO LIQUIDATION. NO NEWCO. NO SURRENDER !

If the call comes, be READY.

So my question is this - which one of you is JJKGC? :ph34r:

Is it an auction? Is there anything to stop Tesco bidding for Ibrox and turning it into a superstore with a listed front? There are no guarantees that any of the assets will end up in "friendly" hands and then there are no guarantees that any Newco will have a stadium or a training ground. Have I got this correct or am i over simplifying it?

Think it goes on bid up tv .

Unless the Chuckle Brothers are running the liquidation. We'll be on here in April 2013, awaiting the final final final deadline for the preferred bidder to pay the exclusivity fee to get the chance to buy the under 12's minibus.

Well not that it's going to irk people too much since it happened 100 years ago but I did think that there must be better things to compare it with. Just the usual sensationalist journalism we're used to in this country. Rangers going bust is hardly life or death. We'll move on quick enough.

McCoist seemed to put the idea in some people's heads that it was. Or that the consequences could be for some, outside the club, viewed as partly responsible.

Is there anything to stop Tesco bidding for Ibrox and turning it into a superstore with a listed front?

Several reasons, primarily cost and bad publicity.

If someone buys Ibrox for either retail or residential it'll be boycotted by the Rangers fans for the company stealing the club's assets and the Celtic fans simply because it was Ibrox, and the cost of altering it to fit either purpose would be vastly more than just building elsewhere.