Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Aye he`s a typical BBC OF sympathising cretin as well anyway.

Really? This is the same Richard Gordon who said ...'Being an Aberdeen supporter i hate everything to do with Rangers'. Now can you imagine him saying that about celtic and keeping his job?

To call Richard Gordon some kind of Rangers apologist is beyond belief.

Jim Traynor is an Airdrie supporter...Chick Young is a St Mirren supporter...Jim Spence is a United supporter. You would think the BBC , if they are truly unbiased, would have a more representative group of journalists working for them.

The panic on here over the last few days has been hysterical. You really need to calm down a little and take a few deep breaths before you do yourselves an injury ;)

Not heard what hes said but I can understand Steve Lomas's predicament though tbh, the guys probably dreaming of Europe next season and thinks he might be able to ruffle a few feathers just like any other ambitious manager in his position. The chairmans probably shown him though the two budgets with or without the **** which will be detrmimental to how he thinks they can perfom. Im not saying I agree with him I can just see his view on it.

Are we saying that no matter how badly Celtic or Rangers behave, or how badly we break the rules we must always remain in the SPL becasue we have big crowds...what happens if those crowds diminish because we are not playing well, do we get a goal of a start against other SPL teams?

It really does make you wonder eh? Do we not all support our teams based on how they perform on the park? I`ve seen my team relegated, so if it`s not the same for every team, then the games up, finished. Are there examples in other countries of big teams being "saved" either from liquidation or relegation?

Really? This is the same Richard Gordon who said ...'Being an Aberdeen supporter i hate everything to do with Rangers'. Now can you imagine him saying that about celtic and keeping his job?

Jim Traynor is an Airdrie supporter...Chick Young is a St Mirren supporter...Jim Spence is a United supporter. You would think the BBC , if they are truly unbiased, would have a more representative group of journalists working for them.

The panic on here over the last few days has been hysterical. You really need to calm down a little and take a few deep breaths before you do yourselves an injury ;)

Are you really that thick, or just gullible? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OF apologist I`d say wink.gif

The problem is though that Gordon, Traynor, Young require the Old Firm to give them bile & anger to write/talk about. They`ll tell you that all they`d love to talk about is football, but you know as well as I do, that`s a pack of lies.

OF apoloists, and as a result apologists for bigotry/sectarianism call it what you will. The Scottish(particularly Glasgow) media is complicite in the whole charade.

if the vote ended up 11-1 in favour of allowing Rangers back into the SPL and the 1 was, for the sake of argument, St Mirren, would those who boycotted the SPL because of the Rangers decision consider going to watch St Mirren instead as, after all, they would be the defenders of all that's well and good. I know there would be different answers depending on whom the 1 who stood up for sporting integrity was, but as a generalisation, what would you do?

The problem is though that Gordon, Traynor, Young require the Old Firm to give them bile & anger to write/talk about. They`ll tell you that all they`d love to talk about is football, but you know as well as I do, that`s a pack of lies.

I don't know about that DN but you and the P&B 'Other Team' supporters seem to be doing exactly the same thing..Over 700 pages..Over 1 million views. :P

You're only here for The Rangers, Here for The Rangers :lol::P

Fans of all the other 41 senior clubs should HOLD OFF from buying next seasons ST's. It's the only way those running the clubs will get the message quickly that the fans won't put up with it.

Buy one just now, & you'll be complicit in the whole affair.

Thanks to Saints having a cash surplus of over a million we are not one of the clubs who desperately have to rush out their season tickets on the 1st of March etc so our prices will not come out until the day after the Rangers fans have started the demolition of the away stand at McDiarmid.

The early discount ends at the end of June and that will be the day that Saints see my cash if I do decide to renew.

Professor David Hillier reckons that, rather than the £600k quoted by the Express it might be nearer £250k. How he came to that figure I don't know.

Surely the figures quoted for potential losses without Rangers are based entirely on the status quo - ie a (relatively successful) Rangers who are spending way beyond their means. If Rangers are parachuted back in to the SPL but have next to no money for transfer fees, wages, etc, and are facing years of mid table mediocrity at best then will they still bring large numbers to other teams grounds? And will the next Sky deal be worth as much if we have 4 OF games a season which are as one sided as Sundays?

The thought of keeping them in the league regardless of their cheating is disgusting.

OF apologist I`d say wink.gif

OF apoloists, and as a result apologists for bigotry/sectarianism call it what you will. The Scottish(particularly Glasgow) media is complicite in the whole charade.

Not sure how you can group all three of them together like that. Gordon is a cut above everyone else on that show - he's certainly not an OF apologist either. I'll just presume you're at the wind up on that point.

Edited by The Naitch

At the risk of revealing my true identity because i was assured of an anonymous position when joining this panel but my uncles sisters nieces nephew's brothers dad (find me now bears.....) works quite high up in the corporate banking sector and deals with HMRC after the fiasco they were in. It would be unprecedented in a case of this magnitude to accept less than 10p in the pound. That's what he has been told, pardon the pun, off the record.

Not Fred Godwin surely?cool.gif

Regardless of what the SPL/SFA decide the bottom line is HMRC and UEFA won't put up with either the orcs trying to evade their due tax and play without a UEFA licence. Let's keep our glasses half full chaps and chapesses

Surely the figures quoted for potential losses without Rangers are based entirely on the status quo - ie a (relatively successful) Rangers who are spending way beyond their means. If Rangers are parachuted back in to the SPL but have next to no money for transfer fees, wages, etc, and are facing years of mid table mediocrity at best then will they still bring large numbers to other teams grounds? And will the next Sky deal be worth as much if we have 4 OF games a season which are as one sided as Sundays?

The thought of keeping them in the league regardless of their cheating is disgusting.

I can only go from the figures given in the early 80s when Rangers were a mid table Premier division club..They were still the best supported club at that time.

I don't know about that DN but you and the P&B 'Other Team' supporters seem to be doing exactly the same thing..Over 700 pages..Over 1 million views. :P

It's difficult not to have a gawk at a car crash. The ambulance is taking for ever!

If they are permitted back with some cursory, wall-paper penalties, then the punishment, for me, does not fit the crime. Throw away the principles of a sport and you effectively throw away the sport itself. Re-admitting a re-branded Rangers would be like giving methadone to a junkie. Scottish football needs to kick the Rangers habit and go cold turkey. It might be a bit tough at the beginning, but over time, I think Scottish football would recover and prosper.

Without Rangers? It would recover but would not prosper. Two teams fighting out the league year on year may not be the best but one team running away with it year on year would be much worse. It would not take too many years for even the Celtic support to get bored with it, so how long before Sky/ESPN do? Millions of pounds of revenue for a one horse race, no old firm games, I think not. IMO The only way the SPL would get any better without Rangers is if they got rid of Celtic as well, revenues would suffer even more but at least you would have a competitive league of interest to supporters of all teams represented. But that is not going to happen as England have repeatedly rebuffed Celtic's (and Rangers') approaches.

Clyde SSB have just outlined the doomsday scenario of liquidation, Windy Miller doing a runner and then no-one being willing/able to take on the club.

Sounds both plausible and fun.

Id gladly die laughing if that were to happen!!:D

Be a laugh if Rangers ended up in the SPL next season with the lowest debt of all the clubs :D

Some of us operate without any debt at all :rolleyes:

Unless there are major changes at Ibrox next season by this point next year the new company Rangers will probably already be 5 million in debt.

I know your tongue may firmly be in cheek when you write that, but this is the single biggest event in Scottish football history, it`s hardly a surprise we all give so much of a damn is it? Especially, as is probable, we`ll have been paying our hard-earned cash to watch a sport/league which is essentially rigged. It doesn`t sit easy that while my club is struggling slowly but surely to get itself back on an even footing, the biggest club in the land has been cheating all along.

Without Rangers? It would recover but would not prosper. Two teams fighting out the league year on year may not be the best but one team running away with it year on year would be much worse. It would not take too many years for even the Celtic support to get bored with it, so how long before Sky/ESPN do? Millions of pounds of revenue for a one horse race, no old firm games, I think not. IMO The only way the SPL would get any better without Rangers is if they got rid of Celtic as well, revenues would suffer even more but at least you would have a competitive league of interest to supporters of all teams represented. But that is not going to happen as England have repeatedly rebuffed Celtic's (and Rangers') approaches.

:blink:

For whom, FFS?

Exactly. Yet that is what these 'journalists' are arguing for. It's just confirming that there is nothing important in Scottish football except keeping these two clubs alive so they can play each other. Never mind the cheating, the creditors screwed over, the disorder, the sectarian bile or the domestic violence. Keep the Old Firm derbies at all costs is what it's about. Fucking depressing.

For me the best result now is liquidation and the NewCo being forced to lease back Ibrox and Murray Park from Craig Whyte at an exorbitant rate.