Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I think not. IMO The only way the SPL would get any better without Rangers is if they got rid of Celtic as well, revenues would suffer even more but at least you would have a competitive league of interest to supporters of all teams represented. But that is not going to happen as England have repeatedly rebuffed Celtic's (and Rangers') approaches.

Without Rangers the other sides could then work on a strategy to get rid of Celtic. With no Rangers, Celtic's crowds would fall to a level that would mean they could not compete in Europe which would then make the crowds fall further.

Sometimes you need to take a few steps back to go forward.

Not that any of the above will happen as no one can see anything but the status quo.

Exactly. Yet that is what these 'journalists' are arguing for. It's just confirming that there is nothing important in Scottish football except keeping these two clubs alive so they can play each other. Never mind the cheating, the creditors screwed over, the disorder, the sectarian bile or the domestic violence. Keep the Old Firm derbies at all costs is what it's about. Fucking depressing.

For me the best result now is liquidation and the NewCo being forced to lease back Ibrox and Murray Park from Craig Whyte at an exorbitant rate.

This - x 1 million.

Unless they can't get a NewCo off the ground due to all the bidders being pish & wind, Traynor and Chico are somehow implicated in the EBT stuff, UEFA threaten the SPL/SFA with everything under the sun and Murray ends up getting the jail.

THAT would be even funnier.

Two teams fighting out the league year on year may not be the best but one team running away with it year on year would be much worse.

Its p!sh just now anyway but as long as Celtic were winning it fairly it would be a more acceptable situation than now with a team cheating their way to second then asking for the prize money.

Not sure how you can group all three of them together like that. Gordon is a cut above everyone else on that show - he's certainly not an OF apologist either. I'll just presume you're at the wind up on that point.

As a fan of Gordon I'd normally agree with you

but in the conversation tonight he was as just as much an OF apologist as the rest.

Not sure how you can group all three of them together like that. Gordon is a cut above everyone else on that show - he's certainly not an OF apologist either. I'll just presume you're at the wind up on that point.

No not at all actually. He is another one who is all to happy to tow the line that Rangers must be saved for the good of Scottish football. As an Aberdeen fan you`d think that`d be the last thing he`d want? Or maybe he`s just trying to save face eh? Why has nobody championed the view for example, that Rangers death is exactly what Scottish football needs? It`d mean a certain end to at least 50% of bigotry that goes on at football in this country, surely that`s a good thing right?

The likes of Gordon know that their jobs revolve around the hysteria of the Old Firm.

Disappointing to hear Lomas's stance on this but not surprised.

I think Saints are in for a fright if they palm off the views of punters as was hinted at by Lomas and previously Brown.

Maybe they're thinking Perth RFC has a certain ring to it.

Some of us operate without any debt at all :rolleyes:

Surely getting rid of Rangers would be ideal for a debt free team like Saints? They would be best placed to cut their cloth while the heavily debted teams who need to keep the cheats to help service their own debts would suffer more. A debt free team would surely be favourites to step in to 2nd place?

Why has nobody championed the view for example, that Rangers death is exactly what Scottish football needs?

... because no-one wants their cnut kicked-in, their families threatened, their car vandalised, their house covered in graffiti, their e-mail box filled with hate messages, or badly put together explosive devices posted to their work.

Edited by pozbaird

if the vote ended up 11-1 in favour of allowing Rangers back into the SPL and the 1 was, for the sake of argument, St Mirren, would those who boycotted the SPL because of the Rangers decision consider going to watch St Mirren instead as, after all, they would be the defenders of all that's well and good. I know there would be different answers depending on whom the 1 who stood up for sporting integrity was, but as a generalisation, what would you do?

Generally speaking, I'd go along to a few games of whoever the glorious one was (provided it wasn't celtic, but that obviously won't be the case anyway). I can just imagine the scene, thousands of diddy team supporters inside and outside of St. Mirren Park, clamouring to get in. Just like your standard St. Mirren v Killie match in many ways, but on a far bigger scale and as a great big GIRUY to all our own chairmen.

I can only go from the figures given in the early 80s when Rangers were a mid table Premier division club..They were still the best supported club at that time.

How much will the next Sky deal be worth if Celtic are whipping Rangers by 3/4/5 goals 4 times a season?

:blink:

For whom, FFS?

For every team and supporter in the SPL in the longer term, including Celtic who's attendances would reduce significantly over time (home and away)

Without Rangers the other sides could then work on a strategy to get rid of Celtic. With no Rangers, Celtic's crowds would fall to a level that would mean they could not compete in Europe which would then make the crowds fall further.

Sometimes you need to take a few steps back to go forward.

Not that any of the above will happen as no one can see anything but the status quo.

Agreed but how do you get rid of Celtic, with Dermot Desmond behind them they are unlikely to go into administration/liquidation any time soon.

Its p!sh just now anyway but as long as Celtic were winning it fairly it would be a more acceptable situation than now with a team cheating their way to second then asking for the prize money.

I fully agree Rangers should be punished. And they will be. I would like to see them made to pay their debts, even if it took them 10 years, then the punishment would fit the crime. And there would be no need for point deductions, relegations, transfer embargos etc..but that's not going to happen either. And I cant see anyone saying after 10 in a row for Celtic in 2022 "well at least they pay their taxes"

Can I just say I am now sick of all of this.

To a man, outwith the fans, everybody involved in this fiasco, from TBK, Miller, media, SKY, Salmond, etc, etc dont actually give a shit about the club. All they are concerned about is what is in it for them.

The bidders, who we are told are loaded, could wipe out the debt as a gift to a club they love, but they wont because they are wanting a profit. The media only care about keeping their own jobs, because without rankgers half of them would be on the dole. Sky just want subscriptions, Salmond wants votes.

And not once in all of this has anyone genuinely thought of how the fans feel.

Dont get me wrong, I cant stand the orcs and have been having a good giggle about this, and I hope they vanish without trace.

But can we please stop with all this "Scotland needs rangers" shite!!!!

If the OF fucked off to engerland, then Sky would put up the subscription, the media fuckwits would be jizzing over themselves at the prospect of Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal at Ipox or Porkheid.

Where then would the cries of "Scotland needs rankgers" be?

Someone pull the plug. You will have everyone in Scotland that doesnt wear blue tinned glasses applauding you.

For every team and supporter in the SPL in the longer term, including Celtic who's attendances would reduce significantly over time (home and away)

Agreed but how do you get rid of Celtic, with Dermot Desmond behind them they are unlikely to go into administration/liquidation any time soon.

I fully agree Rangers should be punished. And they will be. I would like to see them made to pay their debts, even if it took them 10 years, then the punishment would fit the crime. And there would be no need for point deductions, relegations, transfer embargos etc..but that's not going to happen either. And I cant see anyone saying after 10 in a row for Celtic in 2022 "well at least they pay their taxes"

Of course in an ideal world Celtic would follow Rangers into the mire. But instead they will simply become irrelevant. They'll be in their own little sub league of one, while everyone else competes for 2nd and a Champions League spot.

I fully agree Rangers should be punished. And they will be. I would like to see them made to pay their debts, even if it took them 10 years, then the punishment would fit the crime.

In your scenario Rangers are just going to be a bigotted version of Aberdeen. And how much do they bring to the table in terms of TV money and away fans?

Of course in an ideal world Celtic would follow Rangers into the mire. But instead they will simply become irrelevant. They'll be in their own little sub league of one, while everyone else competes for 2nd and a Champions League spot.

Will there be a Champions League (qualifier) spot?

In what way would paying what they owe be a punishment? Traynor was saying similar at the weekend. Does this mean that if someone robs a bank we punish them by making them give the money back?

Seeing as they seem incapable of budgeting properly I propose that the SPL does it for them. All the money they get goes to the SPL who then give Rangers an annual budget to spend on players. £3 million a year should do it. Anything else they earn gets spread around the other SPL teams as compensation for all the years of cheating.

I don't know about that DN but you and the P&B 'Other Team' supporters seem to be doing exactly the same thing..Over 700 pages..Over 1 million views. :P

You're only here for The Rangers, Here for The Rangers :lol::P

Aye, in the same way that the crowds who used to turn up for public hangings were there for the criminals. We are all here hoping that justice is done and, more importantly, seen to be done. To see that this vile "institution" can take its place in Scots history alongside the sectarianism which is its lifeblood.

KTID

Will there be a Champions League (qualifier) spot?

No. We don't always get a second spot at the moment. The SPL coefficient would drop without Rangers and you would have one CL spot probably requiring several qualifying rounds before admittance to the group stages.