Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Agreed but how do you get rid of Celtic, with Dermot Desmond behind them they are unlikely to go into administration/liquidation any time soon.

Desmond will be like all these rich list people, if he's as rich as he makes out why are Celtic a selling club? We were told about Whytes billions, all the money Melville at Dundee had and it came to nothing. Even if Desmond has the cash how interested would he be in this type of set up, or even how interested is he now?

Remember with UEFA fair play rules if they want to play in the champions league they need to operate without cash injections, a reduced crowd in a smaller league would result in this being impossible for Celtic.

No. We don't always get a second spot at the moment. The SPL coefficient would drop without Rangers and you would have one CL spot probably requiring several qualifying rounds before admittance to the group stages.

The coefficient is dropping with Rangers, never mind without them. Fat Sally's euro run of this season has ensured we will be ranked around 24 - 28 in a couple of years.

Within the next few years we will be down to 1 Champions league slot and 3 Europa league slots which is the minimum we can be given.

The coefficient is dropping with Rangers, never mind without them. Fat Sally's euro run of this season has ensured we will be ranked around 24 - 28 in a couple of years.

Within the next few years we will be down to 1 Champions league slot and 3 Europa league slots which is the minimum we can be given.

This would suggest that we would be no worse off without Rangers. Or in other words we don't need them....interesting

In what way would paying what they owe be a punishment? Traynor was saying similar at the weekend. Does this mean that if someone robs a bank we punish them by making them give the money back?

Seeing as they seem incapable of budgeting properly I propose that the SPL does it for them. All the money they get goes to the SPL who then give Rangers an annual budget to spend on players. £3 million a year should do it. Anything else they earn gets spread around the other SPL teams as compensation for all the years of cheating.

Because the big tax case amounts to tax of roughly £25 million. But the final bill could be anything up to £75 million. In other words Tax Bill £25m + Interest £25m + Penalties £25m. If that is not sufficient punishment I don't know what is. Why should the SFA/SPL be allowed to punish Rangers again with their sanctions when HMRC are doing the job for them. That said Rangers are not it seems going to pay this money by either agreeing a CVA or liquidation, which is why the SFA/SPL are currently reviewing their rules on companies in administration and liquidation/newco scenarios.

Will there be a Champions League (qualifier) spot?

No, thanks to the inept performances from both celtic and your dishonestly assembled bunch of expensive duds.

I can't wait to have grand-kids:

"Grandad, tell me about the great glasgow rangers"

"They weren't all that, wee man. Last two times they played Killie they got humped."

GIRFUY, FTOF, and just die, rangers!

KTID

No. We don't always get a second spot at the moment. The SPL coefficient would drop without Rangers and you would have one CL spot probably requiring several qualifying rounds before admittance to the group stages.

The coefficient has dropped WITH Rangers, and after this season we almost certainly won't have a 2nd CL spot for a good few years.

Rangers have won 1 of their last 25 matches in Europe. Hardly the sort of sterling record that keeps the coefficient afloat.

Desmond will be like all these rich list people, if he's as rich as he makes out why are Celtic a selling club? We were told about Whytes billions, all the money Melville at Dundee had and it came to nothing. Even if Desmond has the cash how interested would he be in this type of set up, or even how interested is he now?

Remember with UEFA fair play rules if they want to play in the champions league they need to operate without cash injections, a reduced crowd in a smaller league would result in this being impossible for Celtic.

Good point I just mean its unlikely Celtic are going to go into liquidation any time soon.

No, thanks to the inept performances from both celtic and your dishonestly assembled bunch of expensive duds.

I can't wait to have grand-kids:

"Grandad, tell me about the great glasgow rangers"

"They weren't all that, wee man. Last two times they played Killie they got humped."

GIRFUY, FTOF, and just die, rangers!

KTID

At first I thought you were telling the grandkids to GIRFUY!

The coefficient has dropped WITH Rangers, and after this season we almost certainly won't have a 2nd CL spot for a good few years.

Rangers have won 1 of their last 25 matches in Europe. Hardly the sort of sterling record that keeps the coefficient afloat.

I know that but it is hardly going to improve without them. Other than Aberdeen reaching the Europa League group stages in 2007 the track record of SPL clubs outside the OF is not good either.

I know that but it is hardly going to improve without them. Other than Aberdeen reaching the Europa League group stages in 2007 the track record of SPL clubs outside the OF is not good either.

A "punished" Rangers won't have the opportunity to affect our coefficient for a while anyway. The only way they can affect it is they get parachuted back in with a slap on the wrist.

A "punished" Rangers won't have the opportunity to affect our coefficient for a while anyway. The only way they can affect it is they get parachuted back in with a slap on the wrist.

That's true. But it doesn't really make any difference to the 'gang of ten'. At the moment they are battling for third and the Europa League. Without Rangers they will be battling for second and the Europa league.

1335884514[/url]' post='6192251']

I don't know how the sums add up for Rangers (and doubt even Duff and Phelps have a clue), but I wouldn't entirely put it past them getting a CVA agreed using the same dirty tricks. Not likely, but plausible.

Ticketus are due £26.7m and HMRC ~ £15. It seems that every credible bid has tried to get Ticketus on side. To me, this suggests that those making the bids don't expect HMRC to accept a CVA and need Ticketus to accept it to reach 75%.

It all comes down to the "preferential creditor" listed in the accounts - I'm assuming this is Whyte - and how much they're due (it's currently listed as "TBC"). The worry is that they may find a way to inflate the figure so that they don't need HMRC or Ticketus to push through a CVA. This would likely be illegal, but I wouldn't put it past Whyte/Rangers.

Edited by lanky_ffc

That's true. But it doesn't really make any difference to the 'gang of ten'. At the moment they are battling for third and the Europa League. Without Rangers they will be battling for second and the Europa league.

But the interest will be focused away from Celtic, given that their title will be likely assured. The battle for second will be the big one for the Press, TV and general public. The Old firm will have become an irrelevance.. thumbup2.gif

Edited by welshbairn

But the interest will be focused away from Celtic, given that their title will be likely assured. The battle for second will be the big one for the Press, TV and general public. The Old firm will have become an irrelevance.. thumbup2.gif

I would fear the "interest will be focused away from Celtic" onto other leagues with better competition.

I still don't understand why they would automatically go into the 3rd Division. This is one organisation effectively wiping their hands of them by forcing them into another. Surely the SFL could refuse it?

If they are going to foist them onto another league, the SPL would be as well demoting them to the Isthmian Premier (or whatever it's called nowadays)

I still don't understand why they would automatically go into the 3rd Division. This is one organisation effectively wiping their hands of them by forcing them into another. Surely the SFL could refuse it?

You're correct. Only way they can end-up in SFL3 is:

[1] relegated from SPL, compulsorily demoted 2 divisions

[2] expelled/resigned/etc. from SPL, win ballot for vacancy

Our league is crap. The standard is crap and there's no real competition. Less money couldn't make the standard that much worse. It just means that the players we do have in the league will have to play for less money. Let's be honest the vast majority of premier league footballers don't have anywhere else to go.

If that's true, and I believe it or I wouldn't have typed it, then there's no justifiable reason for not giving rangers the punishments they deserve.