Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The Guardian are saying Neil Doncaster has confirmed that an 8-4 is all that would be required to allow a 'newco' entry. Sorry if it has been posted previously but is this true?

It shouldn't be, but it's being framed as a rule change rather than a vote on a share transfer, so would only need 8-4

Have we got it clear and correct then that SPL rules stipulate that a share transfer vote needs a 10-2 result, and Doncaster is attempting to circumvent the rules of his own organisation?

Have we got it clear and correct then that SPL rules stipulate that a share transfer vote needs a 10-2 result, and Doncaster is attempting to circumvent the rules of his own organisation?

The only thing that's clear is the lack of clarity.

They will simply make it up as they go along. None of this comes as a shock or revelation. There is nothing surer than the Rangers being in the SPL next season if the decision lies with the SPL (board and/or clubs).

That's my issue, and why I have less interest in Miller Time. The emphasis has shifted now, IMO. It lies with those who will collude and condone.

It isn't simply about Rangers any longer. The weeping sore appears to have spread much further than the gates of Ibrox.

1336453654[/url]' post='6212582']

The next vote will go Rangers way. Dunfermilne excluded from said vote and Ross County taking their place. County have spent a lot of money you know and well , enough said.

Would it not be in County's interests to weaken the SPL with another diddy club as thus maximise their chances of staying up?

Looks pretty clear to me...

I get the feeling that a great many of these rules were written by the SPL but they never perceiving that they'd ever have to adhere to them. Seems to be a case of "'let's make it up as we go along and hope nobody notices" with some of things that have been said but there are far too many eyes looking at this now. I'd like to think that Doncaster et al are intelligent enough to appreciate the scrutiny that any decision will come under.

This should be tweeted to Doncaster and Regan to have a read over before they just roll over everything with the 8-4.

Everyone should be tweeting this.

I just realised that I've read every single one of the 20K + posts on this thread.......and I am no further forward in understanding what's going on with Rangeers FC.

What a mess! No wonder I drink......Oh, and while I'm on that subject,

.....Cheers! Good luck to all on this thread, (it may take another 820 pages before this farce is resolved!)

With regards to the 8-4 vote, would Rangers be allowed to vote on the issue given the clear conflict of interest that it presents?

Yes.

Motherwell were able to vote on whether or not to demote themselves when Falkirk applied.

You're just being silly now.

Everyone knows they'll never manage to complete No.8

In the 'event' a 'mythical task' cannot be completed by a member club, the new SPL legislation allows said club to choose a 'wild card task'. Which may or may not involve liquidation.

i need a bit of help. Trying to do my fixed odds for the weekend. Got Aberdeen v St Mirren down for a 1-1 draw, but unsure if St Johnstone v Rangers will finish 11-1, 10-2, or 8-4 for Rangers. Thoughts?

The SPL are considering a rule change that would mean the decision on the admission of a newco will be taken by all 12 clubs rather than the existing Board.

Whilst some people may be unhappy about what the voting requirement that accompanies the rule change may be (10-2, 8-4, etc.) I'm not too bothered. The only thing I want is for the decision to be made by all the clubs AND for the vote to be made public.

I want to know the way the chairman of my club votes on this matter and my decision whether to renew my season ticket and whether to ever go to Tannadice again will be based upon how Stephen Thomson votes.

Further up the thread the suggestion is SPL rules apparently say 83%, which would be 10-2.

10-2, you say? Didn't Rangers once beat Raith Rovers 10-2? Spooky, eh? cool.gif

If anyone wants to bid more than the £11.2 million for Rangers' assets let them step forward.

A question for any accounting bods out there:

Haven't Rangers consistently valued their assets (principally Ibrox and Murray Park) at well over £100m in their annual accounts for several years now?

If the administrators can't get a bid of more than £11.2m for the assets, around 10% of the value given to them in the accounts, would this not show that Rangers have consistently over-valued their assets in a bid to appear solvent?

Obviously in a fire sale situation you would never get the full value of an asset, but would there be any comeback on Rangers or their auditors where there is such a large discrepancy between the two values?

A question for any accounting bods out there:

Haven't Rangers consistently valued their assets (principally Ibrox and Murray Park) at well over £100m in their annual accounts for several years now?

If the administrators can't get a bid of more than £11.2m for the assets, around 10% of the value given to them in the accounts, would this not show that Rangers have consistently over-valued their assets in a bid to appear solvent?

Obviously in a fire sale situation you would never get the full value of an asset, but would there be any comeback on Rangers or their auditors where there is such a large discrepancy between the two values?

Yup. They've always valued each square foot of the site of Ibrox as if it was a greenfield site in the middle of Kensigton and Chelsea... with full residential planning permission.

my theory is:

Bill Miller will not be buying Rangers, The SPL know this and dont want to be blamed for him "walking away". so delaying the the vote until such time the "takeover" becomes clearer either way.

just one of many theories i suppose.

Is the 8-4 vote not just to allow the decision to be moved from SPL Board to all clubs, which is the rule change being alluded to. Reading the rules the actual vote for share transfer is 10-2. Spin and words to cloud the issue