Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

We're a wee bit thin on all the forums at the moment.

On to the bold.Would HMRC set down a marker by only liquidating ONE club, then tell every other club that is what will happen if you don't pay up? If you think it's only a marker then you have to agree that, other clubs will be OK when they should be liquidated along with Rangers. More clubs and companies we know nothing about at the moment will be shitting themselves. Not Just in Scotland.

You see where I'm going....

Pack of cards......

As ever, they could use discretion...but when Rangers use a borderline scheme, making no provision for when it goes wrong (and they've been facing this possibility for years, how about sticking the Jelavic money in a just-in-case-account rather than making another expensive signing), try to pull a fly one by deliberately not paying money that was definitely due, then try to run away from absolutely everything, no one can complain at all if the tax man shut them down. If another club falls on hard times, HMRC could then decide if they were well-meaning but a wee bit incompetent/unlucky and worthy of a second chance or if they should get hammered as well. But I bet the message being sent of 'take the piss and we will close you down' will tighten a lot of practises and ensure people keep some in reserve in case avoidance schemes fall on the wrong side of the line.

The preferred bidder walks away almost immediately after being exposed to the true state of the club's finances. Meanwhile Duff & Phelps miraculously conjure up 3 other "interested parties"

Yet the administrators said a few days ago that Miller's bid was "substantially greater" than the others on the table. If any of these new bidders are actually serious, do they have any hope of securing a CVA? It looks like a resounding no.

It's all sounding a bit desperate. Rangers FC will fold.

Edited by ebeneezer

Is it wrong of me to laugh until my sides hurt everytime Jim White has to report on the situation at rankgers.

i can't wait until the day he gets the piece of paper handed to him live on SSN that rankgers are no more.

On to the bold.Would HMRC set down a marker by only liquidating ONE club, then tell every other club that is what will happen if you don't pay up? If you think it's only a marker then you have to agree that, other clubs will be OK when they should be liquidated along with Rangers. More clubs and companies we know nothing about at the moment will be shitting themselves. Not Just in Scotland.

Pack of cards......

Not really sure where your going with this...why is it a pack of cards? which other clubs 'should' be liquidated? whats the causal link between rfc being liquidated and others then being liquidated ( and which ones exactly owe just shy of £200 million ?? ). HMRC are under pressue after letting massive companies like vodafone away with billions in tax so they need a scalp politically. They have already got epl sides like arsenal doing deals over ebts so targetting rfc is already a successful tactic. they wont have any pressure on them from govt to settle for a cva cos no tories would care a jot about a scottish 'instution ' going down the tubes, especially if it stops other football clubs and indeed businesses using tax evasion as a no interest loan. zapping rfc is a win win for hmrc and there is absolutely no incentive for them to accept a cva.

I don't think Miller was a real bid, reading elsewhere that his "pal"? Alister Johnston (Sp) might have had a hand in it, wonder if it means that the duffers will be stampeded into a much lesser CVA settlement bid, maybe the blue Knights?

A true mess

Is it wrong of me to laugh until my sides hurt everytime Jim White has to report on the situation at rankgers.

i can't wait until the day he gets the piece of paper handed to him live on SSN that rankgers are no more.

The first person to get that up on Youtube and post it on here will be a Pie & Bov legend - I'll likely be at work when the axe falls. I want to see his face.

The irony is that SKY (Jim's employers) can short circuit the whole thing and walk away from Scottish Football with their money. Is it just me or is SKY stretching this entire Rangers debacle for a good SSN headline? Sadists! (But clever...)

Pack of cards......

I imagine HMRC will liquidate Rangers, then tell everyone to run along and tell all the other clubs what they just saw

http://www.sportingl...=soccer&BID=165

"There are big legacy costs as a result of doing things poorly over a number of years, structural and commercial problems.

"It would be a hard time turning things around and implementing structural changes and discipline. Such changes would have made Bill very unpopular given the way things have operated."

Not just CW's fault then? unsure.gif

"Even after Bill announced his austerity measures last week there were people within the club asking how much money was available to be spent. It would take a fairly large amount of money to keep it from dying."

So they still werent learning their lesson. dry.gif

"He was getting hundreds of emails every day - vitriol and expletive-filled - saying 'Go home Yank'.

"Bill felt like it was a pretty unwelcoming environment. He would have had to do a lot of things that would make him less popular."

These were the same people that you applauded at the weekend Ally. blink.gif

Edited by PeeTeeJag

I don't think Miller was a real bid, reading elsewhere that his "pal"? Alister Johnston (Sp) might have had a hand in it, wonder if it means that the duffers will be stampeded into a much lesser CVA settlement bid, maybe the blue Knights?

A true mess

Minty has a Yankee cousin so I think he was the connection to Miller

post-23278-0-85661900-1336505274_thumb.j

I thouroghly recommend a listen to Soul Asylums 'Grave Dancers Union', put it on when I was out on the bike tonight & I took 5 mins off my time for 6 miles. :D

As the lyrics say, "Leave Without a Trace". ;)

Now where's that polish the wife put away last week, thoses shoes need a buffing in readiness. :lol:

1336504602[/url]' post='6215136']

As ever, they could use discretion...but when Rangers use a borderline scheme, making no provision for when it goes wrong (and they've been facing this possibility for years, how about sticking the Jelavic money in a just-in-case-account rather than making another expensive signing), try to pull a fly one by deliberately not paying money that was definitely due, then try to run away from absolutely everything, no one can complain at all if the tax man shut them down. If another club falls on hard times, HMRC could then decide if they were well-meaning but a wee bit incompetent/unlucky and worthy of a second chance or if they should get hammered as well. But I bet the message being sent of 'take the piss and we will close you down' will tighten a lot of practises and ensure people keep some in reserve in case avoidance schemes fall on the wrong side of the line.

Discretion in one instance can be viewed as bias in another. If a marker must be set then it's SET. There can be no discretion.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm all in when it comes to punishing clubs who pull a fast one. Rangers are in trouble over ALEGATIONS of mismanagement. Nothing more.If its proven they are guilty, then the ground work has been done to convict any other company/club/person who HMRC decide to go after.

HMRC........CA---CHING. EPL.........?SPL.........?British companies........?

Our poor NHS and deprived children will be LOADED.laugh.gif

The first person to get that up on Youtube and post it on here will be a Pie & Bov legend - I'll likely be at work when the axe falls. I want to see his face.

Nae face

Hundreds of emails telling him not to turn up at Ibrox :o

Edited by LordHawHaw