Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

What I can't understand is that these attendances facts are found simply with one click after typing "european football attendances" into google, cut and paste into excel then sort.

Why is it that the media in Scotland doesn't highlight these easily found facts?

Jim Traynor is currently reading your post, scratching his head and going "derrrrr wut is a google"

What I can't understand is that these attendances facts are found simply with one click after typing "european football attendances" into google, cut and paste into excel then sort.

Why is it that the media in Scotland doesn't highlight these easily found facts?

Now, this is a wild stab in the dark, but bear with me if you could....

Could it possibly be something to do with the Scottish media being populated by fucking imbeciles?

Tbf, we live in a nation where the former First Minister wrote a report stating we're the only nation with a split, and that the country playing fewest games was Cyprus (they weren't) playing 26 (they didn't + 20 was lowest anyway).

the debating chamber section on rangers media is full of gem quotes like this - discussing that anders breivik dude lol

A very powerful Ideology. Just out of curiosity, have you read his book? Radicalised seems to be it for me. It's like he brainwashed himself (pretty common with very intellectual people). But I used to say there was a fine line between insanity and ingenious because I had a friend that was super intelligent and then ended up in Dykebar Hospital with Schizophrenia.

So does brainwashing yourself mean your insane?

Your average punter with access to wikipedia can fathom out the avg attendances of various national leagues. Speirs, Herald and Guardian Journo, hasn't the first clue and spouts scaremongering falshoods on live radio instead.

Priceless.

And just to add to this for those who claim the SPL'll turn into the Welsh league, the Scottish Third Division has higher average gates than the League of Wales.

But without some SPL teams playing Rangers 4 times a season what will become of them!

Now, this is a wild stab in the dark, but bear with me if you could....

Could it possibly be something to do with the Scottish media being populated by fucking imbeciles?

No see, I don't think you're right there. They're not that, staggeringly, incompetent at their jobs. They are deliberately oblivious to the facts. That's their job: to give the Old Firm the soft sponge treatment, and circle the wagons around Rangers when everyone else first points and laughs, then starts sticking the boot in.

No one is that stupid. Speirs, certainly, is not a stupid man. It is a culture of pandering, sycophancy and unquestioning obedience. It's succulent lamb writ large. As much as Speirs attempted to play himself as the creator of this term on Off the Ball, Cosgrove completely nailed him to the rest of the cronies in the tabloids. When called to back up his case with these very facts he had f**k-all. He didn't choose to research these facts because that would get in the way of the rhetoric.

Edited by vikingTON

The don't use sophisticated research methods like wot bidders use.

No see, I don't think you're right there. They're not that, staggeringly, incompetent at their jobs. They are deliberately oblivious to the facts. That's their job: to give the Old Firm the soft sponge treatment, and circle the wagons around Rangers when everyone else first points and laughs, then starts sticking the boot in.

No one is that stupid. Speirs, certainly, is not a stupid man. It is a culture of pandering, sycophancy and unquestioning obedience. It's succulent lamb writ large. As much as Speirs attempted to play himself as the creator of this term on Off the Ball, Cosgrove completely nailed him to the rest of the cronies in the tabloids. When called to back up his case with these very facts he had f**k-all. He didn't choose to research these facts because that would get in the way of the rhetoric.

Good point, well presented.

So what you're saying is that they think we're fucking imbeciles, who will believe their trite drivel?

I'm not sure which analysis I prefer.

I didn't say that exactly but yes, that's exactly the conclusion to take from this farce. They think that by keep repeating the same ridiculous lie over and over again, it'll become fact. Indeed, they already have quite a few Rangers fans who think Scottish football owes their club a turn, and a good few cringing sycophants within SPL club chairmen and wannabe pundits: see Craigan, Steven.

Good point, well presented.

So what you're saying is that they think we're fucking imbeciles, who will believe their trite drivel?

I'm not sure which analysis I prefer.

Tbf... in terms of those who rely upon the Record or Sun or appear to be the typical callership of SSB, they're most probably right.

Wow, i'm agreeing with VikingTon!

Is there anyone, apart from Rangers fans, who are buying into what they are saying? I don't know how representative P+B is of the Scottish public but most folk on here can see right through all the crap. The proof of the pudding will be next season if Rangers are gone and the attendances in the SPL are not actually that much lower (or perhaps higher!) than this season.

the debating chamber section on rangers media is full of gem quotes like this - discussing that anders breivik dude lol

Brilliant guy. He's just described the Bear Syndrome - you hypnotise yourself into believing you love Rangers and there is not cvnt there to snap his fingers to get you out of it.

The proof of the pudding will be next season if Rangers are gone and the attendances in the SPL are not actually that much lower (or perhaps higher!) than this season.

Tbf, it'd all depend on the scenario. If 1 or more clubs were fighting with Celtic, their home turn-out would be higher... but then again the same applies at the moment. If Celtic are way out ahead by Christmas they're fighting for the same as now (less infact as no 2nd CL place) and crowds probably won't be higher... but then again the same applies at the moment.

Personally I don't think the presence or non-presence of Rangers would, of itself, affect home turn-out at the Other 10 particularly much.

Edited by HibeeJibee

A club can sell players whenever they want. The transfer window for most of Europe (including Scotland and England) is 1 July to 31 August, this is the most profitable market to sell to. That's an awfy long wait for a club with no money and no income.

Surely a club can sign a player anytime, it's just the registering part they couldn't do until July 1st?

For example who would give a toss if Wigan bought Mcgregor for £2.5M on Monday (14th) and just waited 7 weeks to register it with the FA?

Houston's quote is far worse though, if that's any consolation.

I hope the DU fans have made it clear to him that they pay his wages.

I thought Craigans comments were well out of order, and to be honest, I was more than a bit pleased that he announced his retiral today.

Wow, i'm agreeing with VikingTon!

Is there anyone, apart from Rangers fans, who are buying into what they are saying? I don't know how representative P+B is of the Scottish public but most folk on here can see right through all the crap. The proof of the pudding will be next season if Rangers are gone and the attendances in the SPL are not actually that much lower (or perhaps higher!) than this season.

I can see crowds taking a bit of a jump next season if we lose Rangers.

I think all diddy team fans would want to ram the media bullshit down the throats of certain journalists in a huge statement of defiance.