Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I can see the big tax case getting pushed through quickly to ensure HMRC have more than 25% of the debt.

If they don't, Mr Whyte and his floating charge over Ibrox & Murray Park will probably wave through a CVA and be happy to trouser a 6 or 7p in the pound amount on his £18m. Not bad work for something bought for a quid. Then take his chances with Ticketus

I can just imagine the first game between Celtic and AFC Rangers of Glasgow, the fans of the newco turn up filled with the usual hatred and bile and the Green mob don't bat an eyelid and treat them as they would if they were playing Forfar.

'Ra Bears heads would explode.

Wouldn't you have to increase the other debts in order to decrease the percentage of the HMRC debt ?

Unless you cost cut and paid off some of it.

Sorry - yes, that's what happened. There was a firesale of players, all staff, playing and non-playing had to sign wage deferrals (i.e. were paid nothing) for almost a year and the money saved was spent on paying off HMRC. It was pretty brutal, especially for the non-playing staff, some of whom lost their homes, and as a result PAFC fans raised nearly £100K for the staff.

It's hilarious how not a lot of Rangers fans post in this thread. It's all just seems to be bitter little fans from teams outside the Old Firm that are optimistic of Rangers going under. Quite sad really how you're all experts on 'what's going to happen...!?'

Good thing is we know we are not experts. Rangers fans were experts for years, only to find out they (like HMRC and others) have been conned rotten by those who claimed to love the club, Queen and country.

Not nice when you have been suckered by liars and cheats during all your 'good days'. And then you find that legends like John Greig are part of it. If in doubt read the report from the SFA where they name the names.

At least we are trying to make sense of it and not accept the word of men in suits or tracksuits who wear a rangers tie or wave a union jack.

Stay close to what is said here and you will be closer to the truth and reality than your usual sources. Quite sad really that there are so many Rangers fans who are clueless on what is going to happen, but still desperate to clutch at any straw offered. :(

As far as I can see it, trying to sell HMRCFC to The Green Goblin is just the last roll of the dice by D&P to attempt to get a few more weeks wages out of them. When the CVA collapses, they'll liquidate and happily walk off with a small fortune.

It's hilarious how not a lot of Rangers fans post in this thread. It's all just seems to be bitter little fans from teams outside the Old Firm that are optimistic of Rangers going under. Quite sad really how you're all experts on 'what's going to happen...!?'

Quite the opposite. Far from being optimistic that Rangers would go under, a lot of us diddies expressed the view that we thought you'd get away Scot-free, and debt-free, because you are the people, and the big house must stay open. I think the technical term is we thought Rangers could fall in a barrel of shite and come out smelling of roses. As the days go by, and the dynamic administration duo bleed you dry, it appears that Rangers have fallen in one almighty big barrel of shite, and will in fact come out smelling of, well, shite.

Smell that? That shite smell? I love the smell of shite in the morning.

It's hilarious how not a lot of Rangers fans post in this thread.

Quite damning for the Rangers fans actually. Isn't it strange that despite P&B being a forum for the whole of Scottish football, the vast majority of online Rangers fans are on their own forums where they hide away, put the blinkers, say "it's our club, we know best" and console themselves giving us FF and the gem that is Rangers Media.

Perhaps it's Rangers fans doing what Rangers fans do best and that's running / staying away when the going gets tough.

When Dundee, Gretna and Livingston were in trouble, their fans were on the Admin threads to give as good as they got. The lack of Rangers ones bar No.8, Bear_With_Me and Kincardine shows those who "don't walk away" up for what they are - the only guts they have is the number of bellies matching their number of chins.

Rangers "fans" only appear when they've some reflected glory to boast and brag about, so no real surprise to see them not around. They're the very ones that love to claim they support the Axis Of Evil's Govan branch because the atmosphere at Ibrox is electric - they certainly are "electric fans", as they've on/off switches according to convenience and are useless when they've no outside source of power to run off.

:whistle

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Of course they will, but Green is such an experienced and clever businessman he won't release the names of the 20 members of his cabal. Perhaps Mister A, Mister B etc will be enough for the fit and proper test. Just like they do in fraud and money laundering trials. That will reduce confusion in the longer term.

By the way as Green goes by the name of Charles, does that mean he answers to the name Chic when in Scotland? :o

How will we tell which is which?

Perhaps Green will send a photo of his members.

reservoir-dogs1.jpeg

I can see the big tax case getting pushed through quickly to ensure HMRC have more than 25% of the debt.

If they don't, Mr Whyte and his floating charge over Ibrox & Murray Park will probably wave through a CVA and be happy to trouser a 6 or 7p in the pound amount on his £18m. Not bad work for something bought for a quid. Then take his chances with Ticketus

Pretty sure HMRC are already over 25% thanks to Mr Whyte's non payment of PAYE and NI for nine months.

Edited by qpsnapper

How about having a Pie and Bovril award for Sporting Integrity when the saga finally comes to a close?

A bit like the various Rangers lists of enemies, but in our case, heroes. There may be a fair amount of overlap.. tongue.gif

Early Nominations

Bill Saporito

Stuart Cosgrove

Chistopher Brookmyre

Alex Thomson

Aberdeen fans who wrote the letter, and a special mention for the guy who ripped Chick and Tom English apart on a BBC phone in a while back..

Edited to make up for an unforgivable lapse of memory

Edited by welshbairn

Quite damning for the Rangers fans actually. Isn't it strange that despite P&B being a forum for the whole of Scottish football, the vast majority of online Rangers fans are on their own forums where they hide away, put the blinkers, say "it's our club, we know best" and console themselves giving us FF and the gem that is Rangers Media.

Perhaps it's Rangers fans doing what Rangers fans do best and that's running / staying away when the going gets tough.

Except when they 150 on to 1 copper as they were in Manchester.

Still laugh now at the group of them on Cup Final Day 2008 that offered to break our jaws as we walked from Queens Park to Hampden. They didn't know what to do when us 'diddies' just laughed and kept on walking.

As I understand it the administrators have been making all necessary payments to HMRC for the period of the administration. Don't know if they would have to make more frequent returns for VAT, i.e. monthly rather than quarterly.

Rangers pay their VAT, PAYE & NI Quarterly as alot of companys do, although they take it at source (Weekly or Monthly) they pass that amount to HMRC quarterly, next one being due the 21st I believe for the last 3 months.

As an Ayr fan I need something to cheer me up. This thread it just the biz!

Hopefully the Other side will go bust too. This crap has taken too long.

We need someone to put the banket over the head and pull the trigger.