Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No. Celtic need Rangers more than any other club. Their entire business model is based on exploiting sectarianism. Without Rangers they have no business model.

Think you're wrong. See above.

Your mob need Rangers more than Celtic, even though you always get pumped by them in some really tedious fixtures. St Mirren v Rangers must be the most boring game I can think of. Toss up between that and Killie v Rangers.

Had a quick look at Old Green's track record. There is a Director entry into a local company to me in Kirkintilloch of Nithsdale Property Co. Ltd.

Odd entry in contrast to the others and just jumped out at me.

What would Ross county's stance be I wonder?

Good point. You would think they would be against Newco. They are currently working to a first division budget and it would be in their interests if their new competition (The SPL) had to reduce their budgets accordingly. The alternative is that Ross County would need to spend more to compete with the established SPL teams.

Your mob need Rangers more than Celtic, even though you always get pumped by them in some really tedious fixtures. St Mirren v Rangers must be the most boring game I can think of. Toss up between that and Killie v Rangers.

The comments of a supporter of a filthy cheating club like Dundee are irrelevant.

Fuck off back to the diddy First Division - its where your dirty sectarian diddy derry club belongs.

Are Celtic definitely opposed to it?

I think the Celtic board and 'establishment' have more in common with Rangers than any other club has. However I also think they face an incredible backlash from their fans if they to vote for a newco. Celtic also have to consider the implications of a debt-free Rangers challenging them for the one CL spot in years to come. Much of it may be determined by the UEFA interpretation in relation to the three year ban on European competition.

I can imagine the amount of jockeying that will go on before a vote with some chairmen undoubtedly hoping that there will be enough people voting for acceptance of a newco to allow them to vote against.

Celtic will vote against.

NOT for any reasons of sporting integrity, but simply because Lawwell knows that the lie of the land is almost certainly going to be a large vote in favour from the other clubs, meaning Celtic can vote against, thereby looking like heroes to their fans, when in reality it's the last thing they would want.

However, I suspect if you hear one or two other chairman coming out and suggesting they might vote against, you'll probably find Lawwell shuts the f**k up for a while and plays it very cagily.

Thanks for answering.

So for all you guys hate Whyte he removed Lloyds ruling your club and £17M of your debt by getting into bed with ticketus.

Now you will hardly pay any of that cash back. you'd be worse off if Whyte hadn't done this.

Also if Whyte hadn't came in who would've paid the £9M tax and other bills he didn't? I very much doubt SDM or Lloyds would've.

You would've been in administration far sooner and the administrators probably wouldn't have been so friendly and incompetent.

For all Whyte's faults, he seems to get overlooked for the useful bits.

Interesting post, in particular about David Murray. From the SFA report he was in hock to Lloyds/HBOS to the tune of £700million, and at one point closer to 800. Plus the Rangers £18million. Think that was secured on Ibrox etc but then that went to Whyte.

So Whyte helped clear the 18mill, and he is reducing running costs on the Murray empire, but £700million is a long way to go. What security does the bank have for their 700mill??

Scotsman Published on Saturday 7 April 2012 16:21 (Tip if you have to make something public with as few people as possible reading it, make sure it is in the business section of the newspapers on Saturday!!)

SIR David Murray has put a "for sale" sign on the core part of his business that helped make his fortune, as the burden of debt continues to weigh heavily on his multi-million-pound firm.

The former chairman of Rangers FC has confirmed his struggling metals business – a sector he has been involved in for 37 years and which accounts for about half his company's income – is being put up for sale "in whole or in parts".

The sale was revealed in the accounts of Murray International Holdings (MIH) and confirmed by Graeme Hill, managing director of Murray Metals Holdings. He said the firm was seeking a buyer for its general steels business to concentrate instead on its "speciality metals and plate businesses"

Seems Lloyds have increased their shareholding just to keep the thing going.

Next step will be to do to MIH what they did to Rangers. Sell off in bits and pieces, then get Murray out once his shareholding is watered down

Murray won't end up penniless, but you really feel that everything is crumbling around him

The last thing he needs are the accusations in the SFA report or the Greek and Euro crisis to reduce demand for the products from MIH.

Could well get very bloody for him. Let's see what the BBC programme says. ohmy.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis

The comments of a supporter of a filthy cheating club like Dundee are irrelevant.

Fuck off back to the diddy First Division - its where your dirty sectarian diddy derry club belongs.

Don't have anything against your team, just something about the Rangers game that seems a foregone conclusion, 0-2 or 1-3 usually, played on a Sunday lunchtime with very little atmosphere. Just as much their fault as yours, both teams going through the motions.

And I know you've beaten them recently.

St Mirren v Celtic is ok, usually because there's a barrowload of goals, and yes, sometimes for you too.

Happy now?

:lol:

Rangers won 2 matches out of 6 against Killie and St Mirren this season. Killie beat them twice, and St Mirren won one and drew one.

You were probably too busy getting pumped off Morton and Ayr United.

1337031772[/url]' post='6237406']

Are Celtic definitely opposed to it?

Because Lawwell made some statements earlier about not needing Rangers and Lennons comments haven't been walked back I think a large majority of Celtic supporters assumed we would vote no. Given how the situation has developed they will be very, very, very angry if Celtic caves and Rangers emerges Playing in the SPL. I think Lawwell is quite aware of this and will avoid a public yes vote at all costs. It's not as if Rangers are going to hate Celtic more and Parkhead isn't a game they'll boycott (and it would sell out anyway). Celtic loses little if they vote no and still get in compared to other clubs.

I know the Green Brigade is neither representative nor terribly popular here but they had a big banner on Sunday calling on Lawwell not to change position and they have said they wont take their allocation if Celtic allows Rangers back in the SPL. Most ordinary Celtic fans seem to agree with that general sentiment. Ticket sales would certainly be impacted.

A cynic would say they'll vote no but mean yes. If sufficient teams publicly indicate they will vote no so Celtic looks like the deciding vote the pressure would be incredible not to go along with a resuscitation. Guessing under those circumstances they'd vote no but cold be very, very wrong.

[dons tin helmet]

:lol:

Rangers won 2 matches out of 6 against Killie and St Mirren this season. Killie beat them twice, and St Mirren won one and drew one.

You were probably too busy getting pumped off Morton and Ayr United.

0-1 v Morton at Dens (twice) hardly a pumping. We gubbed them away.

Ayr only beat us once, the other week, 3-2 thanks to a goal superior to any seen in the SPL this season. Applauded the overhead myself.

Ayr only beat us once, the other week, 3-2 thanks to a goal superior to any seen in the SPL this season. Applauded the overhead myself.

Well done on not being pumped by Morton at home. You did really well to keep it respectable.

Piccard-Facepalm.jpg

Well done on not being pumped by Morton at home. You did really well to keep it respectable.

No more First Division here. Let's get back to the imminent demise of Rangers, something we all agree on.

It's been fantastic entertainment, with more coming up as the heat is turned up on the SPL.

Sorry to keep banging on about it too, but what happens when they lose the big tax case?

Does this look boring to you :D