Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Won't the members of the mysterious consortium also have to pass the 'fit and proper person' test? That might rule out some of the names suggested so far.

Exactly and how can Green hold out to June 6th when that's the day of the CVA. The creditors aren't going to be too happy only being told on the same day that they are supposed to say yes to the proposed CVA without knowing anything about these so called backers and the SFA will not allow it because it has to do "fit and proper person" test as of now.

Exactly and how can Green hold out to June 6th when that's the day of the CVA. The creditors aren't going to be too happy only being told on the same day that they are supposed to say yes to the proposed CVA without knowing anything about these so called backers and the SFA will not allow it because it has to do "fit and proper person" test as of now.

No fit and proper means no license...

Was it worth the £26 million you didn't pay for it?

In hindsight (actually at the time) it was a stupid stupid gamble on somehting that wasnt achievable but those 3 or 4 years were the best times i can recall supporting dundee.

unfortunately now we have traded our ferrari for a ford focus :(

Won't the members of the mysterious consortium also have to pass the 'fit and proper person' test? That might rule out some of the names suggested so far.

Another common misconception. You do not need to be fit and proper to own a football club you only need to pass that test to become chairman, director, secretary or any other official position. Celtic and previously Rangers shares are traded on a stock market so the owners could frequently change and be effectively anyone.

Who asked you?

Take all those goals we banged in against you under Bonetti and stick them up your arse. And mind your language.

Great days!

I'm sorry you object to the use of the word 'cunt', from now on I will call you a 'Bonetti' - it has the same meaning.

Of course if you persist with posting nonsense in this thread I may even call you a 'Marr'.

Edited by Granny Danger

In hindsight (actually at the time) it was a stupid stupid gamble on somehting that wasnt achievable but those 3 or 4 years were the best times i can recall supporting dundee.

unfortunately now we have traded our ferrari for a ford focus :(

No, the Ford Focus is top of its league.

Another common misconception. You do not need to be fit and proper to own a football club you only need to pass that test to become chairman, director, secretary or any other official position. Celtic and previously Rangers shares are traded on a stock market so the owners could frequently change and be effectively anyone.

True, but I'd imagine anyone chipping in to the consortium would want a seat on the board. They can't be expecting to make money so they'll want a bit of status/glory and the opportunity to rub shoulders with the great and good.

Still believe they will at very best (for them) start next season in SFL3, however should the sickening happen and SPL take it up the arse the very funny scenario of the following happens;

Someone has to explain to Orc world that no matter what happens UEFA will not touch them for 3 years - vastly reducing possible income.

Green will fail to provide an Warchest, or will say he has but cannot use it as the registration embargo will stand meaning no new players to replace this summers exodus organised by Green to fund the running of the club (the players will not do walking away they will be running)

Green has stated he will be putting up the ST prices, so it will cost extra to watch a weakened team that will struggle to compete week in week out in the league and even if the build a cup run the prize of Europe and the money that H&D and every bid seem to indicate they need to stay afloat is barred from them.

Cannot wait for the impending demos and Green trying to explain that the only way to have players on £25K a month is to run at a lose and he is not going to do that - and the Orcs will shout but you promised us you could raise a billion pounds (see Record/Sun nonsense).

The next season will either be no Orc-world in SPL and wonderful or an equally wonderful crippled mentally deranged Orc-world in full civil war and meltdown in the SPL. I think I can cope with either.

Edited by MEADOWXI

I remain of the opinion that a Rangers NewCo will walk straight back into the SPL. There is absolutely no track record of the top clubs or footballing bodies in Scotland making the right decision for Scottish football especially if it involves ignoring financial considerations. Look at the sectarian/illicit chanting by the Old Firm - tolerated for decades with no sanctions. It took UEFA to act before it was even accepted it was a problem.

It should be the most straight-forward thing in the world for the SPL clubs and the journalists who cover Scottish football to say a club can't liquidate, shed it's debts, set up a NewCo and then walk straight back into the SPL. Yet how many have said that? Even Lawell and Petrie haven't categorically said they will vote against a Rangers NewCo. Why not? People who in the past have talked sense around the structures and set up of Scottish football like Johnston and Thompson have more or less confirmed they would vote to let them in. Even Romanov who in the past has given the Old Firm both barrels is strangely silent.

Make no mistake, these guys WILL NOT stand up for sporting integrity. They will vote with short term finances in mind and will therefore throw any credibility the Scottish league out the window and in the process commit themselves to continuing with the clearly unsustainable model Scottish football is operating to meaning we'll be back here sooner than you think with another club.

The frustrating thing about this is that there is the consensus out there that Rangers can not and should not be allowed to get away with this but there is no realistic mechanism for harnessing that consensus to make it heard. The survey was fine but burned out quickly. Opposition is fragmented and for most the only tangible protest is threatening to not renew your season ticket - so to punish Rangers you have to punish your own club which obviously means many are not willing to take that step. Time will tell whether people do actually follow through and walk away from the game. Some will keep going as it's hard to walk away from the club you love but no doubt some folk will think what is the point.

Like with the sectarian chanting example, it could be that UEFA are our only hope of maintaining some integrity in the Scottish game. Let's fucking hope so

Edited by roverthemoon

Look at the sectarian/illicit chanting by the Old Firm - tolerated for decades with no sanctions. It took UEFA to act before it was even accepted it was a problem.

This may be the most depressing, kick in the balls thing on this thread which has swung me over to the 'SPL next season' side of the fence. :(

However:

1322491901_there_is_hope_for_everyone_gag.jpg

If HMRC vote for a pence in the pound CVA deal and Rangers waltz on as if nothings happened I sincerely hope the Dundee board throw everything to the wind and spend every last penny we've got on personal lap dances for all home fans at Dens, "forget" to pay the tax man again and have a good old party with the cash, then go into admin number 3, 1p in the pound to HMRC and as this was the hat trick we get to keep them!

It's all very vague. A "consortium" of shadowy figures with no name. A half-arsed attempt at proposing a CVA. This bid will collapse well before the 6th of June.

Looks like Regan of the SFA will meet Green before the weekend and tell him to name the cast of 'Ocean's twenty'

Should be fun.

I remain of the opinion that a Rangers NewCo will walk straight back into the SPL. There is absolutely no track record of the top clubs or footballing bodies in Scotland making the right decision for Scottish football especially if it involves ignoring financial considerations. Look at the sectarian/illicit chanting by the Old Firm - tolerated for decades with no sanctions. It took UEFA to act before it was even accepted it was a problem.

It should be the most straight-forward thing in the world for the SPL clubs and the journalists who cover Scottish football to say a club can't liquidate, shed it's debts, set up a NewCo and then walk straight back into the SPL. Yet how many have said that? Even Lawell and Petrie haven't categorically said they will vote against a Rangers NewCo. Why not? People who in the past have talked sense around the structures and set up of Scottish football like Johnston and Thompson have more or less confirmed they would vote to let them in. Even Romanov who in the past has given the Old Firm both barrels is strangely silent.

Make no mistake, these guys WILL NOT stand up for sporting integrity. They will vote with short term finances in mind and will therefore throw any credibility the Scottish league out the window and in the process commit themselves to continuing with the clearly unsustainable model Scottish football is operating to meaning we'll be back here sooner than you think with another club.

I have said this before in another thread - I may not be up to them how they vote, every club in the SPL relies on their Bank Manager to keep them afloat, and if the Banks do not want a precedent set that would allow clubs to fold, shed their debts and set up as a NewCo, they will tell the club chairmen to vote against re-election, or else next year the clus could find themselves with no overdraft, loan arrangement etc etc. That happened with the vote to re-elect Airdrieonians and it could very well happen with Rangers

a newco rangers playing in the spl and still in full ownership of their stadium and training facility (due to whyte's preffered status) isn't exactly head on a wall stuff.

I get what you are saying, as fans we may consider it to be same old Rangers, but to HMRC it wouldn't be the 140 year old The Rangers Football Club. That would be dead and if the result is the newco and all other clubs started making their payments on time and not using PAYE and VAT as an 'unofficial overdraft facility' the tax authorities will have achieved.

Guest Kincardine

Someone has to explain to Orc world that no matter what happens UEFA will not touch them for 3 years - vastly reducing possible income.

Lots of Gers fans see this as a distinct possibility. Nothing surprising about this.

Cannot wait for the impending demos and Green trying to explain that the only way to have players on £25K a month is to run at a lose and he is not going to do that

No sane fan wants us to run at a loss. The most laudable thing Green said was that we'd never be in debt again - and the vast majority of us would welcome that.

the Orcs will shout but you promised us you could raise a billion pounds (see Record/Sun nonsense).

Green didn't say he'd raise a billion. The article was in the Sun (and has since been changed) but what he said was something like he'll try and raise as much money as possible. If he could raise a billion then he would. This then became a "Green promises £1BN" from the papers. I hope you see the difference.

What most Gers fans want is for as much debt as possible to be repaid and for our club to keep going and living within our means. If this means starting in SFL3 and trying to work our way up the leagues then many of us will accept it.

No fit and proper means no license...

Unless there's been a change in the last few weeks I understand that the SFA do not do a "fit and proper" test and quite right too. It's not their role to dig into the past of every office bearer in every club, it's up to the clubs to declare that their officials are fit and proper. This is common practice, it's part of a ltd companies "governance".

In practical terms which of the list of jokers from Whyte to Ng, Kennedy to Miller, Paul Murray to Green etc should the SFA look at to date? It's the club's responsibility and making it out as anything else is a weegia scam to pass the buck much favoured by that halfwit Traynor.