Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I reckon one incident or provocation by Rangers or their support could tip the balance.

The ring of hands round Hampden could be enough, if the cup final is spoiled then that might be the final straw for some chairmen.

I agree with your sentiment but they can f**k right off......its Hearts & Hibs day.

<div><br></div><div>Edit to add: a day I'm very nervously looking forward too !</div>

Edited by sjc

All this talk of going to FIFA is retarded. Seriously, the SPL might want to keep Rangers alive but do you think FIFA would hesitate to look at the evidence and give a much harsh punishment than they already have. I mean look at Sion, FIFA threatened the Swiss FA with expulsion if they didn't punish Sion, I don't think they'd be all that fussed about doing the exact same for Rangers and this is much worse than breaking a transfer ban.

I agree with your sentiment but they can f**k right off......its Hearts & Hibs day.

Agreed - it's a day and a game I've been looking forward to as well. A proper showcase match for the Scottish game, and for the true Scottish football fans (including the decent Old Firm fans out there who understand the concept of fair competition).

If Rangers and their hoardes try and ruin the day, as I'm now absolutely certain they will, they'll only bring further shame on themselves.

The media flow, previously in their favour, seems to be turning. This would absolutely be the final straw for a lot of journalists in this country in my opinion.

“@STVGrant: Here's a view on how the SFA actually did act within its own rulebook, a matter Rangers are challenging http://t.co/zzEWKdTd”Kudos to the STV lads on that! Now who is going to find out about Rangers SPL away grounds, verify how much cash they spend and tally up exactly how much the currants bring to the SPL. Be nice to see the Myth busted.

<div><br></div><div>Edit to add: a day I'm very nervously looking forward too !</div>

Well Said that man ;)

If what they did to earn the embargo was the second worst offence possible. Surely the second contract decision would mean expulsion?

I'd say so, if it wasn't Rangers or Celtic, I'd be certain of this. Another water analogy, but the current seems to be getting stronger against them all the time. The SFA have gone up massively in my estimations tonight, fingers crossed they will keep the hard line and punish them accordingly.

All this talk of going to FIFA is retarded. Seriously, the SPL might want to keep Rangers alive but do you think FIFA would hesitate to look at the evidence and give a much harsh punishment than they already have.

I mean look at Sion, FIFA threatened the Swiss FA with expulsion if they didn't punish Sion, I don't think they'd be all that fussed about doing the exact same for Rangers and this is much worse than breaking a transfer ban.

Point 1. There was a full judge from the Court of Session on the SFA appeal panel, now if that original decision wasn't spot on, he'd have overturned it. No question about the impartiality or competence of Lord Carloway.

Point 2. If the SFA apply their rules correctly, CAS or FIFA cannot overturn them, the STV article reckoned they had, so is this just bluster from the Currants?

Point 3. there's much froth about the transfer ban restricting Rangers ability to trade, as the appeal panel highlighted, they currently have over 40 professional players signed, they can re-sign players that they have. There is nothing stopping Rangers having a 2012/13 squad in place.

I'm totally sure that the head of Strathclyde police and the Glasgow city council will make announcements on TV tomorrow urging ragers fans not to march onto Hampden and all marches/demonstrations will be deemed illegal and all measures available will be used to keep any group of gers fans at bay including in the city centre.

The cost of policing the cup final must be ready to bust the council budget for the year :unsure:.

I do hope all goes well.

I'm totally sure that the head of Strathclyde police and the Glasgow city council will make announcements on TV tomorrow urging ragers fans not to march onto Hampden and all marches/demonstrations will be deemed illegal and all measures available will be used to keep any group of gers fans at bay including in the city centre.

The cost of policing the cup final must be ready to bust the council budget for the year :unsure:.

I do hope all goes well.

Ah, sod it. Why don't we all just go to Hampden and help Hearts and Hibs celebrate their big day and all show some solidarity for the SFA as a nice big thank you and celebration for all of Scottish football. I'm sure between all other clubs we could ring fence Hampden to stop the orcs getting close enough and those without tickets could watch the final on a big screen outside. Then again, with a technical hitch, it could turn into something akin to the closing scenes at the end of The Two Towers....blink.gif

'http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2773718

Legal Eagle indeed. Wonder how much he charges per hour and what Haudit and Daudit forked out..

Edited by chico

Point 1. There was a full judge from the Court of Session on the SFA appeal panel, now if that original decision wasn't spot on, he'd have overturned it. No question about the impartiality or competence of Lord Carloway.

Point 2. If the SFA apply their rules correctly, CAS or FIFA cannot overturn them, the STV article reckoned they had, so is this just bluster from the Currants?

Point 3. there's much froth about the transfer ban restricting Rangers ability to trade, as the appeal panel highlighted, they currently have over 40 professional players signed, they can re-sign players that they have. There is nothing stopping Rangers having a 2012/13 squad in place.

I wasn't arguing those points, just getting from what I'd seen on Twitter that they were all ready and waiting to fight it out at FIFA :P